“The "room" was a small but magnificently appointed house, making me feel like I was royalty on vacation.”

Eden Roc at Cap Cana
Ranked #32 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Fabulous place to stay. They are obviously trying, but will still need some time to work on getting the local staff up to speed on providing a matching quality of service to the outstanding and world class facilities. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there with my wife and two girls!

• Stayed May 2013
8 Thank Michael K
daniele T, Director of Sales at Eden Roc at Cap Cana, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback from your most recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We hope to be able to welcoming you back in the near future.

Daniele Tromacco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Our family just can't back from an amazing 10 day vacation at Eden Roc. We truly could not have chosen a better place ! My husband and I have very demanding full time jobs and are raising 2 toddlers. Needless to say, we were looking for a place to relax and recharge.

Eden Roc exceeded our expectation in every aspect. The accommodations are the most luxurious we have ever seen ( and we have both travelled a lot), the service was excellent ( we were treated like royalty) and chef Gianluca's food was exquisite.

Sure, it all comes at a price, but the price was justifiable for us given the quality.

Definitely consider this place if you are looking for a luxurious and relaxing experience.
Do not come here if you're looking to party, get wasted and meet other people . This place is mostly geared towards couples and families. Also keep in mind that this is a small and quiet resort. There are 34 villas and they may not all be occupied, especially during low season.

We definitely will be back. In the meanwhile, we wanted to send special thanks to some staff members who we felt went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable: Alessandra at reservations, Alejandra and Carlos at the reception, Hakim at the beach club, Sylvia at the kids club ( my son still asks about her), Michaele at the Riva Bar and Anna at Mediterraneo and of course, chef Gianluca who had us experience award winning cuisine at every meal.

• Stayed July 2013
8 Thank RKB33
Dear Client,

Thank you for taking the time to write this so eulogistic comment on Trip Advisor about the Eden Roc at Cap Cana.
It is a real reward for all our teams because we daily work to satisfy all our guests’ needs and requests.

We are so attached to a warm welcome for our dear guests, and we are really happy that you have enjoyed your experience with us.

We hope to joyfully greet you soon,

Best sunny and friendly regards,

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed at Eden Roc this past July, and our experience was wonderful! Upon arrival, we were greeted by the lovely Alejandra with delicious welcome drinks. She upgraded us to a family suite, which had a larger pool and more space inside. After a short tour of the property in a resort golf cart, we were taken to our villa and shown around. I was amazed at such beauty and perfection! The villa was phenomenal, with a living room, Nespresso machine, separate bedroom with a heavenly bed, huge bathroom with the biggest jacuzzi tub I've ever seen. On the other side of the LR was a children's bedroom (which we did not use but it was adorable!) and another full bathroom. The patio contained our pool, and comfy lounge furniture under a covered pergola.We spent lots of time in our pool and on the patio!
We received a bottle of chilled champagne and a fruit basket upon arrival as well, and a few days we came back to our room to find chocolate-covered strawberries and fresh fruit. The main restaurant, Mediteranno, was the breakfast spot. Breakfast is included, and i have never seen a more delicious array of foods. Fresh breads and pastries, fresh fruit, fresh-squeezed juices, and anything you want cooked-to-order was all delicious. There were even gourmet cheeses available. The butter is house-made, which puts store-bought butter to shame! Meditterano was our favorite restaurant for dinner as well - the filet was one of the best I've ever had! I wasn't very impressed with La Palappa, but maybe it's because I live in a food town that's hard to beat.
The staff was warm and friendly, and would bend over backwards to fulfill our wishes.
Having a golf cart to get around was ultra-convenient. We drove around the entire Cap Cana area in it! Many previous reviews did not mention the little gem, Scape Park. This is an area that offers hiking, eco-tours, zip lining, and other activities. It is a 3-minute golf cart drive from Eden Roc. There is also a road just for running/golf carts next to the main road so it's extra-safe. We hiked to the natural grotto in Scape Park, and it was absolutely gorgeous! We also visited Caleton Beach Club (2-minute drive), which is the beach area for Eden Roc, where you can just sit under an umbrella and relax. The waiters will bring you drinks! We also went to Juanillo Beach, which has calmer water and a larger beach, which was also nice!The marina is a bit farther, and offers many restaurants. We tried Aqua Mari, which was tasty.
In summary, Eden Roc is the place to go if you wish to be in a peaceful, tranquil environment with no distractions. There is no social scene (at least during this time of year), which was perfect for us because we can have that anytime living in New Orleans! It is the perfect couple get-away for relaxation and beauty!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Tara J
daniele T, Director of Sales at Eden Roc at Cap Cana, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Tara J from the fascinating New Orleans,

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your high esteem of our hotel location with proximity and easy access to dining/entertainment right at our door step. Your commendation of our products and services are greatly valued. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and hopefully soon!

DoSM
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Best hotel in the world and Carlos at front desk makes this experience even better. He is fantastic.

No other hotel in the world comes close to the service and ambiance of this hotel. I wan to come back every year. Hopefully we can make it happen. Location is beautiful and the villas are truly high tech.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Priyanka G
daniele T, Manager at Eden Roc at Cap Cana, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Priyanka G from the stunning New York City,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is so encouraging to receive positive comments on our facilities and services. We will also share your comments with our entire team .
We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Mr. Daniele Trombacco
DoSM
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The location is beautiful, gorgeous beach and the villas are well designed. All would have been great if the air conditioning was functioning well. The staff did all that they could, upgraded us to their largest villa and we still had constant, daily problems. The leaking AC drove everybody crazy and the temperature indoors was slightly lower than the very high temperature outdoors.

Another big minus for a hotel of this caliber is the kitchen/restaurant. The main restaurant produced very poor quality food. The recommended restaurants near by are horrible and very overpriced. Our only dining pleasure was the La Palapa where Chef Ricardo took good care of us. Overall, we've traveled plenty and experienced top hotels, this one was not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Jenny236
daniele T, Director of Sales at Eden Roc at Cap Cana, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Jenny236,

We thank you for your invaluable feedback and are sorry to hear your experience was not entirely perfect as we would have hoped.
As soon as we were made aware of the issues you were having with the air conditioning we did upgrade to our largest suite (a very significant upgrade) where the air-conditioning was functioning at around 20 degrees celsius. Please consider that our average temperatures at the moment around 32-35 degrees celsius.
We are sorry to hear that Mediterraneo was not to your taste - Novella cuisine is an acquired taste and perhaps not suited to all. Our Executive Chef is responsible for both Mediterraneo and La Palapa so we're very pleased to hear you enjoyed the dining experience at La Palapa.
Again, we thank you for your comments as this allows us to improve the overall "Eden Roc" experience, we do strive for excellence! We would love to welcome you back again to hopefully exceed all expectations.

With warm regards,
Director of Sales & Marketing
NYC
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I recently returned to NYC form an amazing vacation at Cap Cana. There are no words for this hotel to truly express how amazing it is...I have stayed at Paradisus Palma Royal, and Excellence Hotel in Punta Cana. I have to say that neither can hold a flame to Eden Roc!
From the moment you arrive you feel at home. The service is close to none. I have also stayed at the Mandarine Oriental in Las Vagas (which has exceptional service) and I can compare its services to any 5 Star hotel around the world. I have waited a long time to truly enjoy and amazing meal at a hotel in D.R. This hotel with it's amazing Chef can compete even with the finest restaurants in N.Y.C... and I have eaten at Daniels, and Le Bernardin etc.
Their chef is from Holland, and I can't give him enough acclaim. Every meal was to the point, all I have to say is that I was fortunate to have it touch my palate. My parents were celebrating their 40th anniversary and I was celebrating my 40th birthday/MSN graduation. Thank you Eden Roc for making this milestone in my life unforgettable and bringing happiness to my parents life. The special preparation they encountered one night after dinner was a nice touch (hot jaccuzi and exotic fruits). The pool had a nice quiet atmosphere, and beach side service was attentive. Lastly there were two main restaurants were meals were served, but when every meal is delicious and lacking nothing. Why have more restaurants?
Thank you to all the staff at Eden Roc, especially The Chef, and servers Valdimir and Tomas for making our stay...simply extra special for myself and loved ones. You have added to our memories a special moment in time that will last.
I normally don't return to the same hotel, but Eden Roc Cap Cana is one place that I will frequent for its exceptional attention to customer service!!
C.H. and R.G.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank hstan11
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2013

While planning our 20th anniversary trip, we looked at many hotels and resorts in the Caribbean. Eden Roc seemed to fit our criteria the best. We were not at all disappointed! It is truly a remarkable place to visit and our day to depart came way too soon. Will definitely choose to stay longer next time.
Our spa suite was beautiful with its own outdoor shower and small pool. The golf cart provided us easy access to the beach club, and its pool and restaurant. I was initially concerned that it was not ocean front, but that was not an issue at all. We were less than a 5 minute golf cart ride to the beach. The beach was small, but adequate and very private. The restaurants and snack bars were wonderful...the food was some of the best I have eaten. The breakfast was included, and it was very nice. Not at all what you would expect...far more elaborate. Though we did not play, the golf course was unbelievably beautiful. My husband will definitely want to go back for the golf. I did not schedule any spa treatments, but that is on my to do list for the next trip also.
Having the golf cart allowed us to drive on the golf cart paths through Cap Cana to the Marina an another hotel and beach access. A lot of fun! There is also an adventure park nearby if you choose to zipline, ride ATVs, etc. This trip for us was about doing nothing but relaxing! And that we did.
The staff was so accommodating. We cannot say enough about how well we were treated. Looking forward to another trip to Eden Roc Cap Cana!

Room Tip: We originally booked a suite with lagoon view. At check in, they bumped us to a spa suite. So glad t...