“Amazing Stay”

Eden Roc at Cap Cana
Ranked #8 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We visited the Eden Roc at Cap Cana last weekend to celebrate my birthday. The staff was very welcoming and warm, extremely helpful at the time of checking in (with a toddler running around, not easy) the room was stunning, elegantly decorated with well administered tropical influences. They set up a crib for my baby, cloud b turtle included (light projector with little stars and soothing sounds)...thought that was so cute! I requested a nanny to come look after my son; her name is Silvia, she was incredibly sweet and interactive, ask for her if you need one. The kids club was ace, many activities for different age groups indoors and outdoors. Perfect if you need a break for a couple of hours. Our favorite amenity in the room was the private pool right outside our balcony, we took a splash as soon as we arrived. The evening of my birthday they prepared the jacuzzi with rose petals, candles, incense and bathing salts... What better way to relax after coming back from an amazing birthday dinner? The bed swallowed me after that! Delicious sheets and pillows. The food at the restaurant was incredible, La Palapa has the best grilled octopus I have tried in my life!! Breakfast at the main restaurant (forget the name) was exquisite with a variety of organic products locally produced. The milk and cheese were to die for!! The day were checking out the manager of the hotel spotted us in our table while we were having breakfast and came by to say hello and see how our stay was, if the arrangements for my birthday were OK, and if the nanny did a good job, I don't know how he identified us, but I think it's quite telling of how personalized and boutique this place and its service is. I loved it and would go back anytime. The beach in Caleton Club is also fantastic... I cannot think of one thing that didn't go better than I expected. This place is a must anytime you think of going to the Caribbean, whether on a family vacation or romantic getaway. I must also mention that even though the hotel was full, we never saw crowds which is nice. The ride from the Punta Cana airport to the hotel is also included in their rate, which never hurts.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Monica P
Paolo S, General Manager at Eden Roc at Cap Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Monica P,

Thank you very much for your nice review. We are extremely happy to learn that you had an amazing stay with us and some very unique experiences. Your appreciation is motivating our team to serve our guests always with passion and make their stay unforgettable.

We really hope to see you back soon at the Eden Roc

Paolo Sanavia, Managing Director Eden Roc at Cap Cana

Reviewed 9 July 2014

....that we had to leave this slice of heaven on earth! I'll pull some adjectives from other reviews: Unbeatable, superb, beautiful, spacious, spotless, friendly.. And I'll add a few of my own: peaceful, idyllic, perfect, stupendous, fantastic, remarkable! Everything, and I do mean everything was simply perfect. You cannot go wrong here. Amazing food, rooms, beach, and such friendly, smiling, accomodating staff. Super romantic and quiet. Don't balk at the price - it's worth every penny.

Room Tip: The junior suite garden view was huge, more tan enough for 2 people like is who require a lot of spa...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kim J

Dear Kprater72,

Thank you very much for your heartwarming review. Great to learn about your fantastic experience and most of all thank you for the inspiring adjectives you used to describe the Eden Roc at Cap Cana.

Looking very much forward to welcoming you back in the future I send my best personal regards

Paolo Sanavia, Managing Director Eden Roc at Cap Cana

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Unbeatable hotel don't think of going anywhere else but here ( tortuga bay is so overrated. ) if you want the best hospitality, room, cleanest beach and delicious food, eden roc is the only place that offer all these things in the highest standards in punta cana

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Isvdr
Paolo S, General Manager at Eden Roc at Cap Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Isvdr,

Thank you very much for your positive review and the kind note of appreciation on our hospitality.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Eden Roc in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The only true boutique de Luxe Hotel in Punta Cana, superb facilities, rooms. Beach. and the best are the rooms. The restaurants, La Palapa and the Mediterraneo are just impressive. We will come back in December.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Vimouche

Dear Vimouche,

Your note of appreciation is very motivating for our team. We all are looking forward to welcoming you back in December. Thank you

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our stay at the hotel superseded our expectations by far. The rooms were beautiful! Romantic, spotless and quite spacious. Our room had an individual pool that my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed. The service was the best we've ever experienced at any other hotel. The people here are so genuinely friendly and warm. Our host, Victor, ensured we were comfortable and the entire staff was extremely accommodating. You feel at home instantaneously and as if everyone were looking out for you. The people here are genuinely sweet. This is the perfect spot for a romantic get away and there's tons to do on and around the property. Look no further, this truly is magical. It is a bit far from downtown punta cana, but the hotel staff can arrange transportation for you quite efficiently.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank MelinJerry

Dear Melin and Jerry,

Thank you very much for the fantastic review. I'm very pleased to learn about your wonderful experience with us and, that you had the feeling to be at home away from home… your appreciations are really inspiring...

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon, I send my best regards

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is my first travel or hotel review. Ever. On any site. My wife and I just returned from an amazing trip to the Eden Roc, and I felt obligated to share. The entire experience was amazing! The reservation process was simple, yet detailed. The transfers (included) were easy. It only took 13 minutes from the Punta Cana airport! Upon arrival at the hotel, everyone knew who we were and greeted us very warmly without us saying a word. The grounds are beautiful. The units (think small house) are exquisite. The designers thought of everything. My wife loved the bathroom and closet. The outdoor shower was incredible. I didn't think I would even use it, but was hooked after the first try. It's about a 2-3 minute golf cart trip to the beach club, but we enjoyed it and preferred having the extra space and privacy from not being directly on the beach. The private pool helped! The first time we arrived at the beautiful beach (white sand, crystal-clear blue water), the staff took great care of us. They asked us if we wanted the same chairs/locations each day, which we accepted. Every day thereafter, our chairs were saved, ready and waiting for us! The resort was only 30-40% occupied this time of year (May), which likely added to the attention to detail and service, but it was by far our best service of any resort. There were too many details to mention, and I would likely forget to mention some, but know that they were felt at every turn. The food was delicious. The breakfast (included) was outstanding. The lunches and dinners were good to great, especially the special sushi roll at La Palapa and the steak at Medeterreneo. I could go on... Just know that, if you're looking for a relaxing trip in a new resort with great amenities, service and beach, this place is a must consideration. As for kids, there were a few and you can bring them, but we would advise leaving them home. One last suggestion, when considering lagoon view versus garden view, choose the slightly less expensive garden view, as it provides much more privacy!

Room Tip: Garden view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Todd H
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent our Easter vacation week here, and loved every minute of it! While quite pricey, we felt that the family suite was a good value, given the amenities, quality of the room, and the amazing staff!!!!
Even when crowded, the property and staff made you feel as if you are the only people there. Every staff member was gracious, kind, and always happy to help in any way. The food at the restaurants was superb. From our beachside dinners and lunches at La Palapa to the main restaurant in the hotel, all meals were perfectly prepared and fantastic. Pricey, but when we ate off of the property at other locations, we wish we had never left!
The golf cart made the 5 minute trip to the beach and pool easy, and the private pool with the suite was perfect to relax at the end of the day! We didn't want to leave the wonderful confines of Eden Roc, and will be back!
Don't miss this wonderful property....it's really worth the money!!!!

Room Tip: I would avoid a suite that is on the lagoon, as they don't have as much privacy with the private...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family