“Good Food for the price”
Review of El Tablao - CLOSED

El Tablao
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Isle La Motte, Vermont
“Good Food for the price”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A spanish restaurant with a good menu and house wine and reasonably priced. Nothing great but the food was certainly good but on the dry side; ask for extra sauce when you get your entree.

Visited April 2014

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Bad food Quality.. Food served is not what menu offers..Last time”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I went to El Tablao this Sunday evening; this was my second time at this place (we decided to give the place a second and last opportunity).
1. We ordered a Tuna with Couscous; and the server brought us a very bad tasting tuna, dried, awful flavor, with white rice.. so..I told the waitress "Where is the couscous..this is white rice..and you are charging me a plate that contains couscous (very expensive by the way,..) the waitress simply decided to say "Oh ..I'm sorry".. and I told her..well..you should have told us that before serving or ordering..because,,,the comparison of price between couscous and white rice is 3:1.. and she didn't know what to do..and didn't care..
So, the Chef, the cook, the waitress and the whole service there said "well the owner is not here so..sorry.. it's not our fault".. ( I mean..what? that shouldn't have happened or been said..it speaks a lot about the inefficient food and beverage management being managed there)
Even worse: the Chef and the waitress assumed that I wouldn't notice that they served me white rice instead of couscous!!! thats the worst thing that you can do to a client..try to fool a Chef..(I,m a Chef) impossible..no way! The chef and the waitress did not care that they served me white rice instead of couscous, that really matters a lot its a big change in a dish..even the flavor of the whole dish (it seemed to me like a christmas rice with cranberries) paired with tuna..aweful taste..
2. Worst of all..being an Spanish theme restaurant, we ordered the glass of Rioja, and guess what, the waitress also decided to give me California wine instead of Rioja, without even asking me first..
3. Even worse: the Maitre of the place, trying to make things better, brought us a dessert of 1 inch long that tasted terrible..that was the worse part. If you give a complement or give something to try to fix a bad experience and an aweful "moment of truth" then you should do it better..not even worse..that was the worst part, they mocked us, we felt really angry and had a bad dinner experience.
Even worse..the Maitre asked us rhetorically (lol) "was everything ok?" come one..he was mocking from our experience..that was the worst Maitre ever.. they should consider giving the service there a flash attending course and common sense course also..
We won't definitely come back again.
terrible experience.
I don't recommend this place.
Expensive and bad quality of food and dishes served

• Visited May 2014
Topsham, Maine
“excellent food”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

During our recent stay at Westin in Punta Cana, we ventured out to Punta Cana Village. El Tablao is a quaint Spanish restaurant located in Punta Cana Village. We had the pleasure of not only enjoying one of their lunch specials but also having dinner there on a Friday night and were treated to live flamenco dancer.
They pride themselves in serving fresh fish daily and using fresh ingredients for their dishes. Try their seafood soup or their fish...amazing.
Staff very friendly and all understand English & most speak as well. Owner, Kawanna speaks fluent English. Her husband,Juan Carlos who is the Chef does not. Make this place a sure stop to satisfy your palate and enjoy great food on your next visit to Punta Cana..

• Visited February 2014
Washington, DC
“Terrible and Over-Priced”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

The waiter lured us in, then claimed they were out of all the inexpensive options. What we had (seafood paella and churasco) was overpriced, salty, and bland. The sangria was shockingly expensive and not at all good. Bad service too. Please don't waste your time and money.

Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent Spanish Restaurant”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I've been here twice now, and was very pleased with my meal both times. The sangria is quite good, a little sweet, but I like it that way. The seafood paella is really good. Don't bother with the flan, it's really not good. But the ambiance, food & service are good.

Visited February 2014