“Amazing!!”

Alsol Luxury Village
Ranked #87 of 113 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our trip to AlSol was unbelievable! The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were huge and the grounds were so well kept. From the moment we checked in we were taken care of. We were celebrating 2 birthdays and as soon as they found out they insisted on helping us make the celebration even more special. Ynocencio at the lobby bar was a great bartender and Melvin was so friendly. We were a bit skeptical of the beach after reading reviews (we visited from Siesta Key, which was named the #1 beach recently), but I thought the beach was nice and the staff at the beach bar were fantastic! We had a blast with them, Roberto was hysterical and so accommodating. Dinner was excellent every night, Jesus was a great server and very interesting to talk with. His English was better than mine. We did have some language barriers with some of the staff, it was nothing a smile and some gestures could not solve. The only problem we ran into was when we got a letter to go to the sister resort Sanctuary - the staff was a little cold when we told them we were visiting from AlSol, but that is no reflection on AlSol, just be aware if you decide to go on a field trip. The cab company the concierge calls is awesome and if you get Tony Montoya consider yourself lucky!!
All in all, a great trip thanks to ALL of the staff (we really did not run into anyone that was unhelpful or unfriendly). I would definitely visit again and have already recommended the resort to friends & customers!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,466)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went to the Alsol as part of a fishing package. Location-wise it is very near the airport (about 15 minutes) and there are marina facilities onsite and a few miles away.

All the rooms I saw or head of were massive. Huge living rooms, full kitchens, big master bedrooms, walk-in closets and a very well appointed bathroom with separate toilet, shower and bath. The air conditioner in my room could not keep up ( and it wasn't particularly hot outside). I complained several times but it never got fixed. Wired internet is available in the room for a fee but wireless is yet another fee and did not operate in my room. Others in my group reported that it worked in their room but was not reliable. I think the closer you are to the middle of the complex, the better. Views from the upper floor rooms are spectacular. And on the subject of rooms, the key cards are a DISASTER. I had to get a new key every day. On 2 separate days I had to make 3 trips to get a working key. Others in my group made as many as 4 trips. Even beyond my own problems and my group's I overheard lots of others airing the same complaint.

The grounds are well maintained although some of the buildings are showing a lack of maintenance. There are two pools which are well-designed with plenty of seating around them. There are walk-up bars in both pool areas and the staff are excellent. There is also a very nice beach area with a lot of activities. Getting around the campus involves a lot of hiking. It is large and multi-level. Golf carts are provided and are reasonably available unless the crowds are large. Security was very visible especially in the evenings and at night.

Staff are great but they don't seem to be very well trained or empowered to take care of things. I found this to be true in the restaurants and at the front desk. They are pleasant and eager to please and seem genuinely interested in seeing the guests have a good time.

I ate at Mariner's Restaurant and El Cielo. Mariner's is buffet and is a 3 on a scale of 5. El Cielo is supposedly Italian and is at best a 2. Service at El Cielo was terrible both nights I ate there. Food was mediocre.

All in all an OK stay with some major frustrations. This place has potential but I would not return until I hear something that convinced me they had taken care of the problems.

Room Tip: Upper floor near the center of the complex
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank FishinTime
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms are not regular hotel rooms, they have beautiful condo accommodation, luxury studios, 1,2 and 3 bedrooms apartments. We spent a few days and I highly recommend it to anyone, specially if you are looking for a peaceful, not very noisy beach hotel. Without exception, everyone is extremely helpful and nice, always smiling. One can also go to Juanillo Beach, a paradise in the Caribbean, a very short drive from the hotel. My recommendation is to try the fish Boca Chica style at the beach club for lunch, it's delicious!! There are flights to Puntacana airport from many parts of the world....Do not miss this experience! I will be back soon.

Room Tip: They are all luxury fully furnished condos
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great place to relax and enjoy the magnificent service of all staff!!
Whether you're there for business or pleasure purposes, this is the choice to make
Very secured environment, lots activities and gorgeous beach nearby!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I got this place because it was low priced. This is not a bargain.

No one speaks english. Security kept asking me questions before I could even enter Cap Cana. We had to wait 30-40 minutes for them to get someone to answer at at Al Sol front desk. We felt humiliated and we were already tired.

Food is terrible and this must be a cockroach farm as they are everywhere here.

Nothing and I mean nothing works and they will not fix anything! They just promise and promise but no results.

Not on the ocean. Internet does not work. Safe does not work. Washing machine does not work. Key does not work. Door to bathroom is broken. Oven does not work. No televisions in bedroom and no microwave. Room service is slow and food arrives which is not even what you ordered. The water in bathtub will not stop running.

If you like a cool room you will not find it here. Al Sol has preset temperature for the room which was not comfortable for anyone in my group. The toilet only rarely flushes.

I have stayed in 4 hotels here in Cap Cana. The only decent hotel here is Sanctuary. But remember there is nothing to do in Cap Cana because out of way and dark scary road to even arrive here . If you decide Cap Cana is for you for some reason do not stay here under any circumstances no matter how cheap it may seem.

I travel a lot and normally do not say much but I want to warn my fellow travelers about this place. Also, I am unhappy because my family had a nice vacation planned and this place ruined it. We had reservations prepaid for a week and only stayed 3 days before went to another hotel. It was expensive but we really had no choice. I am not leaving my family in such a horrible place.

6  Thank wyattcl
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Had the best time here at Alsol luxury village. We checked into a 2 bedroom suite and it was amazing. Staff was superb....Ynocencio,James Bond, francisco, melvil, red bull, Nabuk were WONDERFUL. James Bond was teaching Zumba, dancing lessons, and Spanish lessons

1  Thank TylnnD
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My day here was excellent! Everyone was nice and the rooms are great! I recommend this hotel to anyone who comes to the Dominican Republic..James Bond was very friendly and the bartenders Francisco and Ynocencio and Melvin were great!