“Nice property, however...”

Alsol Luxury Village
Ranked #86 of 114 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I said at AlSol a week ago, after my original hotel booking (Sanctuary) did not honor my reservation. the property is very nice. It is a village, and the hotel offers golf cars to drive you around. CapCana is suppose to be one of the most exclusive areas in Punta Cana. The hotel is within CapCana. I booked a suite, and the room did not disappoint. However, a part of the hotel is not finished. The grounds were empty, only a handful of people staying there (in comparison to the actual capacity). I only stayed one night, however for longer periods of time this might be a little too quiet.

If you are looking for a spectacular Dominican beach, this is not your place. The beach is tiny, a hike away, and by far not the best beach in DR.

The food was very good. Much better than most all inclusives, but again, I only stayed one night.

The rate was inexpensive -- about $200 for three adults one night all inclusive. This might have something to do with the fact that the hotel is still under construction.

I enjoyed my one day stay, and it was perfect for what I needed. Plus, I wanted to see CapCana.

I really don't know what to make of this place. It's not really 5 stars by world standards, it's not really a nice beach, not sure if I would go there again unless to socialize with the CapCana crowd (that can own apartments there for $750k USDs -- it also has parking for small boats)... well maybe if I wanted a very relaxing away from everything vacation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank CeeeeP
Write a ReviewReviews (3,496)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

"James Bond" and everyone in the hotel were great!! Great crew, great hotel...great service!! Ynocencio was my favorite bar tender. Red bull gave great Zumba classes. Nabuk was in charge of free drink tasting which was also great!! Raquel waited on us several times and was more than pleasant to be around!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Osiris18
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is an old stile Italian village built near marina. The architecture is very different from 'regular' resorts. The resort is new and exceptionally clean. The service and food are excellent, the pools are nice and clean. The beach is not large, but good enough (especially because there were not many people in th resort). There was practically no entertainment, probably because again there were not many guests. There is nothing around the resort, so there is really nowhere to go outside the premises. Though the resort itself is large and interesting. I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you prefer quiet and classy ambient.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank TravellerMississauga
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at Alsol in May to attend a wedding. The resort is beautiful with luxurious guest suites. We stayed on the 5th floor, marvelous view of resort, wrap around balcony, living room/dining room/kitchen, large bedroom and bathroom, much more than we expected. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially the guys at the reception desk. The food was good with lots of variety. Great pools, beach was very small but nice with a beach bar. The resort is very quiet, we were there with a large group so it was ok, however if we were there alone we would have rented a car to travel around as not much to do apart from hanging around the pool.

Room Tip: 5th floor corner unit. Spectacular views and large balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BV24
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I really loved this place and wished to stay there forever. Costumer service was excellent and so was food. I spent great fun moments with the entertainers "James Bond" and "Red Bull", who were very funny and nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I don't even know where to begin to tell you how amazing this hotel was. Because I rely so much on Trip Advisor when I go to these other countries I'll try to be as specific as possible.

The Staff
When I came they had just opened. There was NO ONE there on practically the whole property. We had the whole place to ourselves. A lot of the staff didn't speak English that well, but the ones that did became the ones that typically served us. Special shout out to Innocencio.. the Dominican's best bartender. They upgraded our room to a one bedroom suite and it was fantastic. Better than my apartment actually! And I was there for my birthday they even called my room and made me a cake and had my usual drink waiting for me at the lobby bar. How sweet is that?! The staff also worked every single day we were there.. at least 8 days in a row, and goodness... at least 9am to midnight every day yet they were still so happy and pleasant to be around. Heck I know I would be grumpy after those hours but those guys really seem to love their job.

The Food and Bars
There are I think 3 or 4 bars on the property (Keep in mind AlSol had JUST opened so maybe they have more now.. the property is huge!) But they are always super good about serving drinks. Never a wait time, and always play fun music by the pool bars.
The food is great! Not a big selection but quite excellent and they will move the "big dinner nights" around the hotel each night for their "main" dinner. If you don't want the main dinner the bars also serve Hamburgers etc by the pool all day. There is also another restaurant off to the side of the property that serves breakfast and lunch as well. (There's also a pizza place and a few other places but they weren't included in the all inclusive so we didn't go there).

The Pools
They are HUGE.. there's multiple so no matter where you stay you're near one. Great for kids and adults alike and it shouldn't get too crowded due to options of where to go.

The Beach
We loved the staff and food and drink service so much we didn't utilize their private beach til the last day. We were SOO bummed because it was SO gorgeous and we regretted not using it more. You go to the front desk, ask them to take you there and they deliver you on a golf cart to their private beach area. White sands. Amazing! You can't walk there, but the golf cart trip was better than walking anyway.

Cleanliness
Top Notch. Couldn't ask for better.

Things to improve on
Leave it to the American to wish they spoke better English. Thats probably my only "complaint" but I'm in their country, I should brush up on my spanish.

Tips
We brought over a stack of $100 $1 bills. And gave them out for drinks and meals etc. I always do this when going to countries down south. I appreciate the amazing service and they always appreciate it and go the extra mile when they know you will tip. You don't have to. But don't be THAT guy that doesn't do it. Just a dollar here and there for drinks and food etc goes a long way.

Travelling Around Town
Taxi's are a flat rate. I want to say it was $30 to go to the airport but it was a while ago so I can't quite remember. The hotel isn't near anything so taxi's are mandatory. We asked for a shopping place to go buy souvenirs. There was a spendy one thats also a cigar museum. Kind of cool. BRING BUG REPELANT AND SUNSCREEN!!! Those are upwards of $20 each over there and you'll need em.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom rooms were fantastic. Private balcony from the living room and one off the bedroom.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darling070
Reviewed 6 August 2014

What a wonderful time at Alsol Luxury Village. My family and I traveled in July 19 for 5 nights in ALV. We are a party of 2 adults and 4 children between the ages of 9 and 14. Everyone enjoyed the stay in the resort. The quality and service are excellent, the best we have received in the area of Punta Cana.

In this resort the staff works to make sure their guests have a good time. All managers are very attentive. Especially Nabuk in the entertainment area, who treated our family in a very special manner, he made sure that especially the children were entertained and that they received everything the needed. The entertainment team Nabuk, James Bond with Red Bull make sure all guests have a good time.

The Corporate Chef Marco's work is also oriented to excellence making sure everything goes well with the food. Grilled lobsters at the beach restaurant was supreme!

Cap Cana is a private complex with other hotels and beaches, you can go to the Sanctuary and also the beautiful beach of Juanillo. You can also visit the Scape Park to experience the Blue Hole, Zip Lines and other activities. The resort provides a guided bicycle tour, be sure to be in good shape as it is like an hour. It's great! I recommend it.

The rooms overlooking the Marina are spectacular, worth waking up to that view every morning. Children are already asking when we will return. This was the best vacation we've spent in family recently.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family