“Such a great vacation!!”

Memories Splash Punta Cana
Ranked #31 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Before leaving, the reviews worried me and I was prepared for something bad... Well we got there and I had NO idea what these people were talking about! Later we realized that this hotel had only been open a few months and WOW. I wouldn't have guessed this from the welcoming staff and overall cleanliness and upkeep of the place. Yes there were slight imperfections in the room (unstable water temp, TV not working properly) but who goes on vacation to sit in the room and watch TV?? It is also enjoyable for couples as I was there with my significant other! I would recommend the Mexican and Italian restaurants the best personally! Loved the staff, on the last day many of them still remember some of our names from the first day! So impressed by the people who worked there and how they enjoyed their job. Nelson was a hoot!! If you go there you will find out who he is very quickly! We also loved how family-friendly it was at Memories with things like multiple pools (with swim up bars for adults) and the awesome water park Then next door at the sister hotel you had the nightlife aspect with things like the disco, casino, nightly shows, and more bars that are open later than Memories. And you have access to BOTH hotels with the bars, food etc.. GREAT place to be. If we were there within months of the opening I can't imagine how great it is gonna be as time goes on!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brita N
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Brita N.,

We would like to thank you personally for sharing on TripAdvisor your kind feedback about your stay at Memories Splash Punta Cana.

We appreciate to hear that we have been able to meet your expectations and that our location and facilities have contributed to a wonderful holiday in our hotel. It is a great pleasure to read how much you have enjoyed our resort.

We hope to have you back soon enjoying Memories Splash Punta Cana.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Diamond Club is a scam!! Do not pay the extra money as we did not receive the dedicated butler service or the rest of the services they describe are included. The Deluxe Room as more standard. They are not nice and the bathrooms need updating. Victor at the pool was very enjoyable and was always friendly and happy.

Room Tip: If you do book make sure you book at the Royalton and not Memories Splash
5  Thank Shelley43498
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2014

Dear Shelley43498,

We would like to thank you for your preference in selecting Memories Splash Punta Cana for your vacation, as well for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience.

We are very sorry that you experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express our sincerest apologies. At Memories Splash Punta Cana, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore you feedback is very important to us. Your comments have been forwarded to the management of the hotel.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns and we hope to take the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just returned, one week vacation, from Memories Splash. Great hotel with kids. Waterpark is super clean and safe, and baby oriented as well as adult oriented. The food is very good. Diamond club is very worth it service (food and drink) on the beach in that heat and beds are very well needed.Also access to Royalton restaurants for only 15$ US was a good change. Buffet gets boring after 2days... I just found most activities were at the pool and we are beach oriented and it would have been more amusing to have daily volleyball organized games, yoga or dance classes DAILY on the beach, contests etc. not super entertaining beach-wise.

As fo my concierges for diamond club: AMAZING thanks to Franklin and Theodore they were nothing but awesome. Thanks to whatsapp they checked up on us 2-3times daily and made sure we had everything we needed. They came to meet us at the beach and restaurants as well! impeccable service.

SHOWS! we saw a magic show... very boring... and a dance show imitating gaga, rihanna etc. i took my daughter and ran...they are half naked like strippers, not a G rated show... found it lacked class. Heard the beach party and circo was great though... bad timing i guess...

Overall, I loved the resort and all the staff was great...

4  Thank carla c
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear carla c.,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Memories Splash Punta Cana not only for your wonderful comments that you have had about our team, but also for taking the time to share your positive experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

We are really glad to hear your comments about the impression of our hotel. Reading your comments help us to know that our decisions are in the good way to give our guests the best possible experience. Your comments about the attitude of the staff will be shared with the objective to motivate to continue with the best quality and guest satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again and of course we will be very pleased to welcome you.
Best greetings,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I just returned from the best vacation of my LIFE! It happened at Memories Splash. I travel often around the Carribbean but have never met better staff in my entire life. I made some lifelong, best friends with the Staff at this hotel. Special mentions go to; Blackie(Jessy), Mary, Raymon Millet Cesard Raul Pina, Julio Benitez and so many more! The entertainment staff were absolutely unbelievable. They work so hard, and lead some truly amazing activities pool side! Then, we watched the dance shows at night and the dancers were UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!! I have never seen better dancing at a resort in my entire life! This stay is truly the trip of a lifetime. The dancers and shows put on were 10 stars!! Congrats to all the dancers for being some of the best entertainment (pool side and on stage) I have ever seen in my entire life!

2  Thank BizzyW

Dear BizzyW.,

We appreciate to hear that we have been able to meet your expectations and that our location, staff and facilities have contributed to a wonderful holiday in our hotel. It is a great pleasure to read how much you have enjoyed our resort.

We hope to have you back soon enjoying Memories Splash Punta Cana.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We just returned from 7 days at Memories Splash. It was awesome and what made everything about it so great was the staff. We didn't know until right before we left that we would also be using the Royalton which was fantastic. Some of the people from both resorts that made our stay especially memorable and enjoyable were Rafael at check in, Jeffries and Mary on the animation team, and Josias at the water park was super with our kids. Francisco's service was incredible in the Selections buffet.

The Hector Specials at the Sands Beach Bar are the best and it should be made the resort drink.

I love Zumba and Jeffries does a great job with all the classes.
The food was just okay but the burgers hot off the grill were a highlight.

As a family resort Memories Splash was great and gave us plenty of variety for everyone.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Heather B
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Heather B.,

Best greetings,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were a group of 9, and can't speak for the group, but this was a pretty nice resort. Check-in was fast, we arrived at April 11, 10:30 am, and were immediately taken to our rooms. Every other resort I've been to had to wait several hours before we could toss our luggage into room. So the start was great! We preferred the smaller quieter pool, where Wifi was the most awesome bartender! He took very good care of us every day. made sure we had lots of frozen strawberry daquri's and chicken wings ;D Be sure to say Hi for us! Ate at the Italian a la carte one night was not very good, but hey always something to eat! Went to Under the sea twice, awesome food awesome service. Lonnie was our waiter, and he was a treat! lots of laughs from him. Great guy, always made sure to see him for breakfast. We did the dolphin excursion at mantipark, word of advice, take your jewelry off as you can't go into water with them on, and no safe place to put them. It was fun. Also did the party yacht excursion, that was fun as well. One of our group members was asked the last night of our stay for feedback and was rewarded with a beautiful meal for our group at the royalton opa. Nightly entertainment we went to the royalton, where we enjoyed the Michael Jackson show then went to the night club after. that was fun lots of peopledancing until the animation team kind of took over the dance floor, then no one danced much after that. Went to an amzing beach party one night! it was magical, and loads of fun
Endless supply of beach towels, no worrying about towel cards. We were in bulding 5 was a really nice clean well stocked room. All in all it is still what you chose to make of it. We had a blast!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank pennywin

Dear pennywin,

Firstly, the entire team of Memories Splash Punta Cana wants to thank you for sharing your positive experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

We are really happy to read words as nice as yours. To know that our staff and service have exceeded your expectations encourages us to keep working day by day to maintain this proposal of high level that we want to achieve.

We will be glad to welcome you back again. We are at your disposal for anything you need.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I read about this resort in Sept 2013, and knew it was out of my budget. In January 2014, shortly after they reopened, the reviews were BAD(only 29% recommended and #100 of 101 resorts in PC)! I am assuming because people thought it was a brand new resort, and paid top dollar thinking everything would be perfect, and complete. I do agree that the Sunwing site and brochures made it seem like it was a newly built resort, on the beach. (FYI - Sunwing site also says there is a lazy river, which there is not.) Resort was previously Grand Paradise Bavaro, and is now Memories Splash, and Royalton. Royalton is more luxurious, with a modern feel on the beach, and where the night shows are. Memories is family friendly, for all ages. Everyone has their own priorities in a vacation - ours (3 women) was sunshine, beach, pools, and edible food. We do not require people to wait on us - not our style. We lucked out and took our chances and travelled in Jan 2014. Because the reviews were so bad initially, I think they lowered the price to get people to go. We paid $1187 pp from Halifax, taxes in. Premium room (not diamond club).
Check-in: lobby is smaller than most. OK staff (rated on friendliness and organizational skills, and knowledge)- no biggie, I was on vacation - no snow!!!!

Room: 3rd floor building 9. overlooks pool and waterpark. 2 double beds(new), balcony rail secure, granite in bathroom, flat screen tv (not a priority), fully stocked mini fridge every day (beer, pop, bottled water). Room was renovated, not brand new - tub needs to be refinished. 4 star.
Food: I am the pickiest eater ever. I usually live on rice and bread when I go south. I gained 5lbs. Best burgers - like PEI beef...mmmm. chicken fingers, real looking bacon, froot loops, French toast, pizza... soft serve ice cream, coffee..mmm 4.5star

A la cartes - go as many times as you want - no booking. awesome! Seafood: good atmosphere, loud and echoey. Mexican: ok. (my preference). Italian: awesome - we went 3 times. Penne Alfredo. mmm 4.5 star

Pools: OMG - large freeform, you have to see it to believe it. 2 main pool areas (quiet pool with swim up bar - with kids pool as well), (activity pool - with swim up bar, and kids pool, and hot tub).5star

Beach: (at Royalton) beautiful, crowded, but you could find chairs if you looked hard enough. 5 star.

Pools at Royalton: no chairs to be found - very squarish, and modern, swim up bar in one with infinity pool. Very pretty.5 star

Grounds: beautiful! workers were busy planting trees, and shrubs, but lots of mature palms, and greenery. 4.5star.

Activities: Something for everyone! (I am normally just a 'watch' the activities' kind of person, but we actually did water aerobics (FUN!!!) with Jordain, Mary, and Nelson, poolside zumba with Dan, and my friends took part in the other activities (yoga, darts, etc). Normally I don't even get to know the staffs names (I should be ashamed - I know), but I am so glad I got to know them! They are soooo much fun and made the vacation so memorable! Punta Canada! LOL 5 star

Excursions: we didn't do any - our priority was sunshine. It was 28 degrees, felt like 38 each day we were there. Rained a little the last morning as we were checking out.

Waterpark: For anyone from Atlantic Canada, it is like a mixture of Magic Mountain (NB) and Shining Waters (PEI), with a special kids area ideal for kids under 8. Lots of shaded areas. The pictures they have of the waterpark on sunwing site (and tripadvisor) make it look like a jungle. that is just a artist rendering. Canteen - unlimited pop and bottled water. 5star

Shopping: Nowhere near what the RIU chains have. :( Buy sunscreen, pool toys, etc at home and bring them.) No real great places to buy souvenirs. Even the airport has limited items (unlike Puerto Plata). 3star

Other:
Trolly takes people back and forth between resorts which is really only a short walk anyway.
We saw berenstein bears and max and ruby (doing the Macarena and Gangam Style dance during the video dance party in the Social Bar at Memories where there are kids activites every night). Apparently mike the night and toopy and binoo are there too. ( Hope I will see them next year!)
WIFI - worked great - video chat with people at home. Teens were texting while at the pool. Grandparents were taking their IPAD and videochating with their families giving them a tour! LOL

We were approached for 'special tour with lunch' (but we knew this was timeshare) so we said no thank you, and no one ever asked again.
If you don't get diamond club, you can still use facilities at royalton and eat lunch in the buffet by the beach and get coffee, and drinks at their bars. It is only the ala cartes that you can't go to, and maybe the special section of the beach.

Lots for families of all ages - grandparents, middle aged folks, toddlers, children, teens.
I can't wait to go back. (with family this time!) I still have tripadvisor site bookmarked and read it everyday. My only fear is now that the prices will be out of reach as this resort gains popularity...fingers crossed!

Room Tip: Building 1,2,3 are quieter for families, 4,5,6 central and may have a pool view, 7,8,9 are closer to...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank weddingwithkids

Dear weddingwithkids,

On behalf of myself and all the staff of the Memories Splash Punta Cana, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Punta Cana.

Your honest opinion can be an invaluable reference for other customers who are thinking of staying with us, for this reason we really appreciate the time that you have taken for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your vacation here in our Hotel, your comment is very important to us to improve and better ourselves.

We hope to see you again.
Kind regards.