“Great vacation! ”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Great vacation! ”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We were here from May 16 - 23. (Me, my hubby, 22 month old, sister and mom). We arrived at the hotel around 10:30 am and was checked in right away... Even though check in was suppose to be at 3pm. This was great! We asked to be put in building 7,8,9 since reviewers said these buildings were the best. We were in building 7 second floor. The room was standard. 2 double beds and there was a crib for baby already in the room. Mini fridge stocked with water, beer and pop. We never had a problem with anything in our room. First day, the maid made a towel bird for us but the rest of the days she didn't. We did leave tips for her everyday.

Selections was closed for lunch and dinner all of the days we were there, so we had to eat at Royalton mostly. The Mexican restaurant was only open the last night were were there, so we were able to do an a la carte for free at the Italian restaurant at Roytalton by the beach.
Restaurants: we ate at Selections buffet for breakfast every morning. Food was okay and Service was good.
Under the sea: we ate here once. The lobster was great here and the coffee was excellent. Service was a little slow.
Bella Italian: was good. We enjoyed the food here.
Buffet at Royalton: they had a different theme every night for dinner here. Good variety.
Italian restaurant by the beach (I forgot the name): It was better than the Italian at Memories. So if u want to choose just one Italian to try... I would go to Royalton.

Pools: we were able to find shaded areas every day. Tiles by the pools and water park were slippery. My 22 month old fell on her bottom a few times so be careful.

Beach: the beach was very nice... Not many shaded areas, but on our last day there, I did notice them putting up more shade.

Time share people: they sit at a customer service desk at the bottom middle of each building where the ice machines are. They are like sharks, trying to sell you time share. Saying that they have a gift for your family. We tried to avoid them best we could but they were always around.

Ooh and if your child is under 2 yrs old, you do not need to pay the $10/$20 enter/exit fee at the airport. I read a previous review saying that they didn't pay exiting, but they did pay entering because they didn't know. If u give them the money however, I'm sure they will take it, so don't pay if you don't have to.

Shopping: there's a plaza called Punta Blanca right beside the our resort. Exit and walk towards the left. Be prepared to haggle. Everyone tries to get you to go into their store, they all sell similar things. It was an experience.
We also took a shopping trip to San Juan shopping mall. (Free shuttle bus from our hotel). The only thing good was the grocery store. But we were left there for 3 hours! It was a waste of time. Too long. 1 hour would have been enough.

Hanibal, at the front desk gave us change when we needed it and answered all our questions and Miguel the Bell boy was great and very playful with my daughter. Everyone at the resort was very friendly. We tried to tip everyone who served us, most of them work 8 hrs a day, 12 days with 2/3 days off in between. They work very hard and mostly with a smile on their face ready to serve and make our trip a memorable one. Overall, this was a great family vacation.

Stayed May 2014
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Happixkat,

First of all, thank you so much for selecting Memories Splash Punta Cana for your holidays, it is a big pleasure to read this wonderful opinion about our hotel. And of course, thanks for sharing it on Trip Advisor.

We are very proud to know that your last experience at Memories Splash Punta Cana exceeded your expectations. As you know our principal goal is to give you our best service, make your vacation exclusive and unforgettable. Your comments will help us with our continuing effort to assure our Guest Satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again next year. We will be very pleased to welcome you.

Royalton Punta Cana & Memories Splash

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My 8 year old daughter and I went on a girls trip to Memories Splash. It was such a wonderful rip. The staff were so amazing especially Nelson and all of the entertainment staff. The waterpark was amazing. We had a great time and intend on returning in the near future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Natalie R
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Natalie R.,

We hope you visit us again next year. We will be very pleased to welcome you.

Yabucoa, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Me and my companions arrived on Tuesday the 20th and been having a marvelous time at the Memories Splash and Royalton facilities. Everything within the facilities but most importantly its people (workers) have made us feel more than welcome, simply great. I would to specifically like to mention Elena Hernandez at the Social Bar and Paula Carrillo and Rafael Soriano at the Grazie Trattoria. They have really gone out of their way in their attention and care for our group. Thanks for a very joyful and wonderful time which we really look forward to repeat.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the Social Bar and Under The Sea Restaurant plaza are terrific.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ramon R
Dear Ramon R.,

We would like to thank you personally for sharing on TripAdvisor your kind feedback about your stay at Memories Splash Punta Cana.

We appreciate to hear that we have been able to meet your expectations and that our location and facilities have contributed to a wonderful holiday in our hotel. It is a great pleasure to read how much you have enjoyed our resort.

We hope to have you back soon enjoying Memories Splash Punta Cana.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

The resort was very big. Lots of different areas to hang out which turned out to be a blessing and a curse. If you forgot something in your room you needed to take the tram if you weren't in the main building. Swim up bar was really nice it's just not attached to the main pools. The food was pretty good the only suggestion is to try not to eat anything with water. Bottled water is all tourists can drink so be sure to use the jug in your fridge to brush your teeth and wash your face. The best part was the entertainment and mini club.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my most unpleasant international trip. The entire staff from from the front desk to the beach are very rude and never helpful. The "mini bar" only consist of beer, coke, sprite, and water, not a traditional mini bar, is not stocked daily and one of the waters appeared half empty upon our checkin. Hotel room had ants and a ton of bugs. The food was bland and horrible!!! The Mexican Cantina was not opened at all during our stay. They don't tell you that certain restaurants are opened at specific times so don't think you can have your pick at any time. Also, I do not eat pork or beef and there are not many options otherwise. We eventually began going over to the Royalton to eat where it was slightly better. The drinks are weak, made with cheap rum and don't dare to ask for a specialty drink. I asked for a strawberry margarita and have no clue what I was actually brought. This entire resort needs to shut down and go through at least a month of training. Punta Cana was beautiful but I would not stay at this resort or suggest that any one does!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank ZoesMom2014
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this review, 22 October 2014
Dear ZoesMom2014,

We would like to thank you for your preference in selecting Memories Splash Punta Cana for your vacation, as well for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience.

We are very sorry that you experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express our sincerest apologies. At Memories Splash Punta Cana, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore you feedback is very important to us. Your comments have been forwarded to the management of the hotel.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns and we hope to take the opportunity to serve you again.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I just returned today from the memories splash resort in punta cana. All the staff here are amazing, wonderful and helpful. Every single one of them will go above and beyond for you just out of the goodness of their hearts. I would highly recommend this hotel, not only is it beautiful, the food was beyond exceptional and the beach was amazing. Big shout out to Jose who worked as a server in the Italian restaurant on the royalton side trattoria, he was amazing and made our stay enjoyable every time we went ti eat there. I highly recommend this resort for an amazing vacation. Water park is so much fun!!!!!!!!! Loved every second of it. Upgraded our room for free and changed it to the first floor because I had had surgery just days before and could not walk up stairs. Thank you royalton for an awesome vacay!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Christina C
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Christina C.,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for spending your time sharing your experience at Memories Splash Punta Cana and thanks for giving us the esteemed opportunity of serving you during your stay in Punta Cana.

We would like to express our gratitude for your nice comments you made about your stay. It is always great to receive positive feedback on numerous aspects of the hotel, service and installations. It will be a pleasure to share them with the rest of the team.

We will be delighted to attend you in future if you come back to Punta Cana. We would like to see you again in our hotel Memories Splash Punta Cana as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Rothesay, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

If you don't speak Spanish...you're going to have problems.
After being escorted off the plane and being told we had to have a Doctors note before they could allow my son to fly. The Sinwing rep suggested that we go to Memories Splash, he assure me this was a fantastic Hotel and that the owners, the Hunter family stayed here all the time. I don't think so!!!
My son was VERY sick, high fever and two perforated ear drums so of course they stuck us in the worst room they could possibly find. MUSTY, no phone, no water in the mini-bar. no working toilet, no working TV. ALL I wanted was sllep for my son and a working toilet. Water was paramount because my son was sick and I needed to add water to the medication( a tropical
preservation thing) I spent the night with no working toilet and asked to be moved the next day. Straight into a room with a flooded bathroom. No good, I'm dragging around a crying, sick 8 year old boy and they put us up stairs. This room had no working toilet and no working TV, I saw more repair men. No peep hole and i'm alone with a sick child. I called the next day and said they would not get a penny out of me until I got a decent room. The next day we moved again.... Not kidding. That is a total of 4 moves, when they could have just given us a decent room to begin with. We got setteled in and had the housekeeper, Maria change my sons bed because his ears were still bleeding. As she stripped the bed she took his beloved Husky dog with the bedding.
After numerous calls and not making any progress...ATTENTION: Mauricio Zárate,
Could you PLEASE ASK hotel staff including HOUSEKEEPING AND LAUNDRY SERVICES FOR THE GREY AND WHITE HUSKY DOG. I need that dog returned. Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!! Perhaps have Maria wash the toothpaste out of the drinking glasses and have her wash down the doors and doorknobs. Dicusting!!!Unacceptable !!!
I cannot listen to anymore crying by my son for his stuffed animal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Beth C
Dear Beth C,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to share your opinion in Tripadvisor. We think that our guests deserve the best services and the best facilities and we do our best to get them. And for this reason we really appreciate all your comments, because this is the best way to know what else we need to improve. Thank you for your wonderful comments that you have had about our staff.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences and we truly consider all your comments. And we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at our property as one of our returning valued guest to make your next stay with us, one full of pleasant memories.

Kind regards,

Alsol Luxury Village
#87 of 112 in Punta Cana
Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green Don Pablo Collection

Been to Memories Splash Punta Cana? Share your experiences!