“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The stay and treatment was outstanding.

The receptionist was kind and they make us feel very special.

Great food, shows and service

Me and my wife had an excellent time.
We enjoy every minute of our staying.

I will come again.

Thanks for the great service

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Jose R
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Jose R.,

Firstly, the entire team of Memories Splash Punta Cana wants to thank you for sharing your positive experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

We are really happy to read words as nice as yours. To know that our staff and service have exceeded your expectations encourages us to keep working day by day to maintain this proposal of high level that we want to achieve.

We will be glad to welcome you back again. We are at your disposal for anything you need.

Royalton Punta Cana & Memories Splash

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cowdenbeath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I am quite fussy eater and to say memories splash food is average is a joke food is Terrible do not know where these other people eat it is same every morning never bothered at dinner time out of the 7 evening meals we walked out Twice food was cold in There supposed Restaurants Under the sea manager apologised and asked for us to come following evening which we did not accept The Mexican was also cold food Italian restaurant was the best then we found Royalton now they know how to cook food costs to eat there but worth it eat out 1 night palmareal cost 140 dollars for taxi and meal really worth it .We booked a jacuzzi suite but only 2 jets worked even after it was supposed to been fixed 4 jets still did not work and if you want a good nights sleep stay at home as noise was unbearable . We booked this last September I use wheel chair and crutches to get around but room they allocated was in building 5 and on top floor after complaining we got put into this room building 1 Staff where great but this is no new complex as Travel agent made out maybe 10 years ago Royalton has had all money spent on it as this is the poor relation and yes Diamond Club is saving grace as we could get food there during the day coffee shop we used for breakfast each day after 4th day . Will not be back as it was not worth the money try and book Royalton but it was full when we tried to book it but I will be glad to go back home tomorrow

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Alec K
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Alec K.,

Firstly, the entire team of Memories Splash Punta Cana wants to thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of the Trip advisor community.

Thank you very much for you constructive and criticism comments. Do not hesitate that we will take good note about them in order to keep improving our service, ensuring a good quality service and guest satisfaction. We are really sorry for your experience did not be thoroughly satisfactory and we promise to review, analyze all yours comments in order to not to repeat this kind of situation.

We will be delighted to attend you in future if you give us a second opportunity. We would like to see you again in our hotel Memories Splash Punta Cana as soon as possible.

Kind regards

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Memories Splash is an average hotel... Good for the family, has a water park, my family love it. The facilities are clean, the food is ok a bit above the average comparing with an all inclusive hotel, drinks are ok, but could be better, people are very nice, but tipping will move the employees faster... Basically my complaint the rooms are too noisy, when people walk or do something you can hear everything they do!!!! At the end I recommend the hotel but you have to stop by Royalthon... Is at the same property!!!

3 Thank Dario A
Dear Dario A.,

Kind regards,

Kansasville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Vacation at Memories Splash June 18 - June 25, 2014. The property was beautiful and the activities great! My husband and I travelled with our 17-yr old daughter. The water park was a blast - the 7 slides were definitely for adults. My daughter was impressed! Diamond Club was worth every penny. Diamond Club area of the beach was great, with a full bar and servers delivering drinks and food to our lounge chairs! Decadent! Our Butler, Luis was very attentive. Yeisy in the Diamond Club became like family and did everything in her power to ensure that OUR memories were great. Doritos at Selections made it a point to greet us every morning and went out of his way to accommodate our every wish. WE WILL BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: Building 5 was wonderful! Closest to quiet pool. We slept great!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Jeni4444
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Jeni4444,

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at Memories from 6-27-14 to 7-4-14. I have to say that we were very disappointed as we were comparing it to our trip in August when we stayed at the Excellence......
Pros:
~Pretty grounds.
~Decent food. Ask for Fernando at Mexicana and Selections.
~GREAT waterpark and no lines.
~ Tram available 24/7.
~Like the snack bars.
Cons:
~LOUD LOUD LOUD. Not much quiet time to be had.
~Not many employees speak/understand English.
~Many many Puerto Ricans. They get served first at the bars and seated first in restaurants even if they arrived after and English speaking person.
~Took 3 days to get wash clothes.
~Room service was hit or miss. One day we went on an excursion and when we returned back at 1845, room had NOT been touched. Another day by 1700 room had not been cleaned. Had to go and ask for towels two or three days because none were left after room cleaned.
~ Tile around pool and Waterpark are very DANGEROUS when wet!!!
~Our son had ordered room service and the guy opened our cabinets looking for the fridge, without permission, and took a Coke......
~ Splash pool is always blaring music in Spanish with the exception of about 30 minutes in the mornings.
~Royalton ran out of towels at the Memories beach area.
~Sports bar is a no go.....The Puerto Rican customers were served beer in large mugs, while Caucasians were given beer in small plastic cups, and that was if you even were served at all. My husband and son had ordered drinks about 30 minutes before they left the sports bar and are still waiting......
~No privacy for taking showers. Hard with children in the room.
~Stayed in bldg. 5, outdated.
~Can be rather loud at night.

The resort is pretty from the outside and the waterpark is awesome. All in all we had a wonderful family vacation and great quality time spent together. Unfortunately, this is one resort that we can mark off of our list as we won't be back :-( There are just too many other resorts to choose from without having to sacrifice service and relaxation.

12 Thank Jennifer B
Dear Jennifer B.,

We are very sorry that your holiday with us did not meet your expectations and we appreciate your constructive comments and thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send to Trip Advisor your positive comments.

Your comments have been reported and they will be taken into account in the future. We will continue working to improve our services, as our top priority is to provide the best experience our guest.
We are at your complete disposal.
Kind regards.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Memories from 06/23/ 2014 to 06/29/2014. First of all the rooms you see on the pictures must be at the Royalton because my room was very dated. I was very disappointed with my room with no help at all from rhe front desk. Management at this facility is obsolete! We spent the first two days trying to change our room before we gave up and decided to make the best of our vacation.

The food is mediocre at best. If you are staying for a week, bring plenty of snacks! Under the sea was my favorite restaurant. Selwctuons buffet for breakfast was decent, lunch and dinner was a different story.

The water park and pools were nice. Would've been better if the didn't close at 5:00 pm. My 5 year old daughter absolutely loved the slides and wave pool located in the water park.

Tips: Spend the extra money and stay at the Royalton. Use your priveleges at the Royalton, the food is better. Visit the beach and compare prices on activities before booking any excursions or activities with the vacation representatives onsite, it may be cheaper that way! Dont go to the boutiques, its a waste of time. Make the best of the vacation regardless of the situation.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
14 Thank TaLesha W
Dear TaLesha W.,

Firstly, thank you so much for selecting Memories Splash Punta Cana for your holidays and thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send to Trip Advisor your positive comments.

Your constructive and criticism comments have been reported and they will be taken into account in the future. We will continue working to improve our services, as our top priority is to provide the best experience our guest.

We are at your complete disposal.
Kind regards,

Carolina, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

When my step-dad first told me that we were going for vacations to Punta Cana, I wasn't at all surprised or excited because I had been there in previous occations. But I have to say, this vacations at Memories Splash Punta Cana had exceeded my expectactions!

First of all, we were a group of 12 persons (6 adults, 2 teens and 4 kids) and since we arrived all the employees were very polite and professional. We were given our rooms and that's when the real fun began. I have to say, Im very grateful that I got to visit this resort because, My GOSH it was awesome! It has activities and places for all the family (you're never going to get bored) and every night they have different programs and dances for family enjoyment, though I would say that it ends too early (11:00pm). Food is very good, I highly recommend the "Bella Cucina" Italian restaurant, it is excellent. Like I said before, we were traveling with people of all ages and for my surprise everyone had a good time thanks to the variety of options that the hotel offers. It is like you don't have to worry about nothing because they have it already covered for you.

My family really liked the aquatic park and it is worth the trip if you're going only for the water slides. We also loved going to the facilities of the Royalton (beach, pools, buffet) because it was really pretty and awesome too. The Grazzie Trattoria buffet at the Royalton is exquisite, and if you're staying at the Memories Splash hotel, I highly urge you to have lunch there. The ambient at the Royalton pools is amazing, there is always music and activities like "Zumba" and "Aerobics" to burn calories and clear the mind from stress.

If we're going to talk about the most efficient employees that we met, I have to say that they are:
Micaela, the maid that always kept our room clean, shimmering and in order. She's such a wonderful person and she possess an interior beauty really weird to find these days. At the Grazzie Trattoria Buffet, we made a wonderful friendship with Ines, a lady with an amazing spirit and energy; Juan Jose, the chef that spoiled us with everything we wanted; Rafael Soriano, a waitress who made us feel like at home when he attended us; and specially, Carlos Trinidad!!! This last guy is so special for my family that my grandmother and grandfather say that he's another son for them. He gave a beautiful par of earrings to my grandma and we were highly nostalgic when we said goodbye to him. At the "Selections" buffet I have to stand out the work of the supervisor Florentino, who made us laughed a lot and treated us like family. All of them kept at the Dominican Republic a part of our hearts.

We indeed want to come back and my mother is even thinking of celebrating her wedding there, since they have awesome packages for future husband & wife. I don't think it two times to tell you that this is the hotel that you're looking for if you want to spend an unforgettable family vacations. We didn't wanted to leave, and i'm sure you aren't going to want it too.

10 Thank Perlakarelys
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Perlakarelys,

Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
#78 of 110 in Punta Cana

Been to Memories Splash Punta Cana? Share your experiences!