We stayed at the "Diamond Club" from June 20th to the 27th, 2009. The weather was perfect all week. Pros and Cons:
Note: The numbers beside places refer to the resort map. Refer to pic.
-Close to beach/pool/snack bar 16
-Breakfast/lunch at Italian a la carte
-Daily stocked in room mini bar with 2 Brahma/2 pepsi/1 7 up/ and 1.5 lit of aqua
-maid service daily-very clean room-very prompt
-Train system very helpful and frequent (every couple of minutes)
-Main buffet 6-huge variety-tasteful-nationality theme every day-vegetarian friendly
-Well maintained landscape/architecture
-Several bars spread all over resort-variety of "resort" alcohol-Brahma beers-big fan of
-Night theater 2/1-----9pm-9:30pm kids and adult games-9:30pm circuis night/Michael Jackson night/Mr Principe-very talented people-entertaining for everyone
-At main buffet 6, have your partner save your table or it will be given to another party. Very busy at times. Hard for staff to keep track of who's sitting where..tons of super friendly staff..not really there fault..I would like to see you do a better job..just kidding!!
-No 24hr room service include in "DIAMOND CLUB PACKAGE"-stated in books that it was included
-Private pool was not enforced at diamond club pool 17 (not as many kids/not as busy as main pool by the beach
-Hard beds with pancake pillows
-Small tv/19" tube with a remove smaller than my cell phone..and i don't have a Zac Morris phone either!
-A la carte's were pre booked at arrival-times kinda late..ie 9:30 ish
-Old sheets and comforter
-$30.00 extra for in room safe-not included in Diamond Club
-No iron/ironing board
1-in the Club Diamond check in/computer room--the @ key it not where it is on our North American key boards-you have to press Alt 64
2-Lean some basic Spanish before you go. The majority of the staff know little to no English. It's not a con but it's something to be prepared for.
3-Main buffet-have someone save your table
4-First day there-go to the tour operator room to see your travel rep
5-Instead of taking the train back to your room at night after the theater/lobby bar, walk back! Helps you walk off the 8 meals and 24 drinks you had over the course of the day.
6-At the snack bar on the beach you must wear sandals.
In conclusion, huge resort, tons of variety, amazing staff, average rooms, and crazy beach/ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic