I’ll start with the positives: the hotel was beautiful!
That’s it. That is the only real positive I can think of. The food was good in the a la carte restaurants, but absolutely terrible in the main buffet. Even my 4 year old daughter who will eat anything would not eat the food at the buffet.
The real downer at the hotel was the service. It started poorly as soon as we arrived, and only went down hill from there. We went to check in at the main desk and were then told that we were “Golden Club” and to go to another room to check in and they didn’t even tell us where it was. From there, we were taken to our room by the bellhop who was nice. Our room was nice, but they only gave us 2 raggedy beach towels. There were three of us. Then, there were no extra sheets, blankets, or pillow for the sofa bed for our daughter. Hello – didn’t they know there were three of us by our reservation?!?!? Next we tried to give our daughter a bath, but the bathtub was filthy and even had hair in it – gross. No problem, she can take a shower, but where are the washcloths? We called the front desks for washcloths, twice. They finally arrived the next day only to be taken away by the maids and never seen again. Okay, whatever we can deal without washcloths.
So, we are still on the first day and we get ready to go to the beach. We stop by the towel hut to pick up another beach towel and they don’t have any. What? You have got to be kidding me, this is the one and only towel hut for the resort and they are out of clean towels?? And they aren’t even nice about it.
Other issues we had:
The wait staff in the main buffet was absolutely terrible. I understand the Jamaican way (trust me, I’ve been to Jamaica before), but come on; waiting fifteen minutes just to order a glass of water?! I finally did the tacky thing and got it myself. Same with the coffee at breakfast. It is one thing to be slow, but to blatantly ignore the customer is on another level.
Oh yeah, and the toilet in our bathroom did not flush well. So one night when it started overflowing we called maintenance. It took them 30 minutes to show up. Once they did, my husband had already fixed the toilet and was in the process of sopping up the 2 inches of standing water in the bathroom. So maintenance called for the cleaning staff to come. Another thirty minutes went by and my husband had it all cleaned up by then. All they had to do was mop.
The last thing that I will say is this: when we were getting ready to leave and get on the bus to go to the airport, the bellhops would not help us take our luggage down the steps to the bus. Neither would the bus driver. Normally this wouldn’t be a huge deal, but it was like the straw that broke the camels back at the end of the trip.
I hate to give a negative review, but it is necessary for people to know. We spent our hard earned money on a vacation and expected some customer service. We didn’t receive it and it was disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic