Stayed for 2 weeks in July 09. Received an upgrade to the Hacienda Diamond section. Which was fantastic and absolutely made our holiday. If I were to recommend this hotel to anyone I would suggest they upgrade as the extras made it very worth while for us.
We arrived at the exclusive reception for Hacienda guests and received a one to one personal service in a lovely, light and airy room. We sat and had a complimentary cocktail while they provided us with information. They had also organised restaurant bookings to save us the hassle but had no problems changing times etc if needed.
A buggy then takes you and your luggage to your room. The room was lovely, clean and spacious. We received bathrobes and slippers to use in the room. There was also a jacuzzi bath.
The Hacienda Diamond section is also situated very central to everything. The Hacienda Diamond reception has 2 computers which gives you 15 minutes a day free use. If there is no one waiting to use them they would give us more time.
The highlight of the upgrade was the tranquility of the exclusive pool which, at times, we had to ourselves. It was crystal clear and on the door step of our room. We also had the exclusive use of the Italian restaurant for both breakfast and lunch. This experience was fantastic. No queueing, very peaceful, table service for lunch. There were occasion when we had the place to ourselves. And of course, the food was amazing. In the whole 2 weeks we ate here it was top class everytime.
Our reservations for the other restaurants were also top class, our favourite being the french a-la carte. As the elegance, service and atmosphere makes you feel special. We experienced the controversial fois gras (which wasnt my cup of tea, but still), lobster, etc. Each dish had 5* presentation. All the restaurants were impressive. They each had there own theme and the food was mouth-wateringly good.
The beach was beautiful, although it was far from deserted, it was never too busy to find beds and parasols. We walked from on end to the other and it took approximately 45 minutes (take a bottle of water with you, you'll need it). When you arrive at the other end of the beach there are lots of brightly coloured shacks selling all your Jamaican gifts and souvenirs. There are water taxis available to take you back if, like us, your ready for collapsing. We haggled a price with the driver and it was SO worth it.
I had 2 treatments in the spa - Chocolate body wrap and body massage. I would say they were good but not excellent. The setting was nice but not beautiful. They give you a book to look through to choose the treatment you require but my tip here would be to check out the special offers notice at the Spa desk as they may be offering a similar/same treatment at a reduced cost.
Saona Island trip gave us some lovely holiday snaps and some great memories. It was quite a journey to get there and back but it showed you behind the scenes of the Dominican Republic. The catamaran journey was fantastic. The rum was flowing, there was music and dancing. It was really good fun. The Saona Island beach was a little disappointing as i expected powder sand and clear waters for snorkelling but it was more like shingle with cloudy waters because of the amount of boats.
Gran Bahia Principe is big but it wasnt so big that you cant walk around. The trams where fantastic and there was always seating except if your catching one after the end of a show. You may have to wait 5 mins for the next one.
This hotel had the added bonus of feeling that your leaving your hotel to explore as actually on site there is a square which by day has shops to buy your gifts and souvenirs and stalls if you fancy a bit of bartering. By night it comes to life with shows and nightlife.
My family agree that this hotel was the best we have stayed in by far. We have definately been spoilt.....nowhere else will compare!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic