“Perfection in Punta Cana!”

Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino
Ranked #26 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 April 2014

When we first booked the Royalton, is was about #50, and were a little worried. But, when it moved up to #6, we were sure we booked the right place. And right we were! We stayed here for 6 days and will not forget it! When you pull up, you are greeted with a spectacular porte cochere, friendly bellhops, and a friendly lady who helps bring you to the front desk. The front desk is in a large lobby with a great view of the resort, and the ocean peeking in the background. We were even brought a drink when we were checking in! Now that is classy. Check in was easy, the lady was friendly and talked about all the restaurants, the resort, and things to do. The rooms are located in separate 6 buildings, but everything in the resort is very close to each other, so there aren't really any long walks. The room was beautiful! Comfy beds, flat screen tv, a balcony, and a FREE mini-fridge that's refilled everyday! Room service is also served 24 hours a day. The bathroom has a great rain shower, and cool sink. Tip: People say not to drink the tap water, and brush your teeth with water bottles, which we did. Next, the restaurants. We ate in every one, and each were very good. The buffet has great selections for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The steak house was also very good, and our waiter was very friendly. The food was amazing! Zen, the Japanese place where they cook at your table, was spectacular. Our waiter and cook were both very friendly and engaged everyone while he cooked the meal. The Italian place (Grazie) was actually a buffet, which didn't really have a lot of Italian selections, was still delicious. Cava was a Tapas restaurant. Never been to a Tapas place, and decided to try it, and loved it. First, you select what "small plates" you want for appetizers, and then the paella you want for your main entree. Opa was also very good, the lamb is recommended. I enjoyed the coffee shop, Beans Cafe, very much. It's a nice place to have some pastries, little sandwiches, and drinks. The staff was always friendly. I must note that I really enjoyed the music they played at the resort. The beach was awesome, and it wasn't very crowded, which made it even better. The pools were warm, and one even had a swim-up bar. In the afternoon, they have a burger stand where you can get a great burger. The bar in the lobby was a nice place to enjoy the Dominican breeze and relax. I was really amazed by an experience I had with the room service. I got a caesar salad with chicken, but got it without chicken. I didn't really mind. About 10 minutes later, the waiter came back with a new salad with chicken and apologized, and I was so impressed that they did that! Turndown service also brings Bon Bons. The water park at Memories was very fun, and had some great water slides. There's also a good selection of shops on the bottom floor of the Royalton. The only real complaint I have is some of the staff isn't very good at English, but it's bearable. Also, I'd recommend to not go to the flea market next door to the resort. The shop keepers bombard you to come into their stores. In conclusion, thank you so much Royalton for an amazing vacation!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Hotelman325
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Hotelman325,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for spending your time sharing your experience at Royalton Punta Cana and thanks for giving us the esteemed opportunity of serving you during your stay in Punta Cana.

We would like to express our gratitude for your nice comments you made about your stay. It is always great to receive positive feedback on numerous aspects of the hotel, service and installations. It will be a pleasure to share them with the rest of the team.

We will be delighted to attend you in future if you come back to Punta Cana. We would like to see you again in our hotel Royalton Punta Cana as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed there from April 4th to April 11th and had a sea view swim up room (1359 - absolutely beautiful spot) and diamond club. The hotel is beautiful, I believe it has was re-developed towards the end of last year and they have made a fantastic job of it. We can't fault the location, the hotel, our room, the restaurants were all beautiful. There were lots of restaurant options but we found the main restaurant had really everything we would want, great selection of food.

With the diamond club we had access to a seperate section of the beech - my only critisism is the availability of the covered beds on this area of the beach. Its gets hot, really hot and if you want a bit of shade there is nothing about. People were up at 4.00am-5.00am to reserve a covered bed which is a massive distraction from the rest and relaxation you should be having on holiday! They really need either more shade or more covered beds to have enough for those who want them or those who have small children and need them.

The room was fabulous, we had a small balcony, the swim up pool, a strip of grass then the beach - excellent spot, in my opinion one of the best in the hotel. Our first time in Dominican and in this hotel but we would definately consider it again if we were going back.

I would like to make a special mention for our butler Jose Antonio who was very attentive, looked after us well and was a credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: Would definately recommend spending the additional to have a sea view and/or swim up room.

Dear Carl C.,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Royalton Punta Cana not only for your wonderful comments that you have had about our team, but also for taking the time to share your positive experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

We are really glad to hear your comments about the impression of our hotel. Reading your comments help us to know that our decisions are in the good way to give our guests the best possible experience. Your comments about the attitude of the staff will be shared with the objective to motivate to continue with the best quality and guest satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again and of course we will be very pleased to welcome you.
Best greetings,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was impressed with the resort but would prefer an adults only one if I was to go again . The staff were friendly and efficient . Meals were fantastic . Entertainment good . Pools were sparkling and really enjoyed swimming in the ocean . All in all it was a lovely trip !

Room Tip: Ask for a view of resort or beach
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear silverclub2014,

Thank you for taking time to report your recent experience at Royalton Punta Cana, we are really happy to read your feedback on TripAdvisor about your recent visit.

Your positive feedback is very much appreciated. We can assure you we always try to do everything as possible to create enjoyable experiences to our guests, and we will consider all your comments like a great value that help us to improve.

It would be a pleasure for all of us to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is our 3rd trip in Punta Cana and so far the best place that we've been.Royalton is truly
a 5 star resort...grounds, pools, service,food, staff, room, beach...Everything represents quality...No annoying time share people that will lure you walking around the resort, some vendors walking by the beach but they are not the type that will yell and bother you. Bavaro beach is really beautiful, no seaweeds... And you can walk endlessly both sides but just a little wavy during our stay,so watch out if you have little kids.
I loved the service, they will look after you with or without tip... Not like other resorts that will only provide good service only if u tip the staff..Royalton's staff are very passionate with their job and truly reflects their dedication and willingness to make the guest happy...We always tip but this time , we truly feel they really deserve it . Entertaiment team was awesome,loved the energy and engagement with the guest...Francis,Edrey,Mary,Luis,Francisco,Blondie... You guys rock... Keep up the good work!
If there is just one thing that needs a little improvement, I will recommend to make the evening shows in the theatre more extravagant, the theatre is nice and big but the shows like MJ and Dominican night needs improvement...more dancers and live band would be a nice touch... I would say the evening shows in Barcelo Bavaro de luxe was still the best performances I've seen...but having said this...I will still come back at Royalton for my next trip in Punta Cana.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MamaSita33
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear MamaSita33,

First of all, thank you so much for selecting Royalton Punta Cana for your holidays, it is a big pleasure to read this wonderful opinion about our hotel. And of course, thanks for sharing it on Trip Advisor.

We are very proud to know that your last experience at Royalton Punta Cana exceeded your expectations. As you know our principal goal is to give you our best service, make your vacation exclusive and unforgettable. Your comments will help us with our continuing effort to assure our Guest Satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again next year. We will be very pleased to welcome you.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

First, I can honestly say I am not sure how the resort was because we did not wind up staying there. I am going to try to make this short:

My husband and I booked our trip through AAA for the Royalton Punta Cana. We originally booked a Diamond Club: Luxury Room. The trip was for Monday, April 14, 2014-Saturday, April 19, 2014. When we arrived Monday, April 14th we were told that they overbooked the rooms and that they would have to put us in the sister resort, Memories Splash. We tried to argue the point that we paid in full and we believed that we deserved the room we paid for and reserved in February 2014 through AAA. The conversation went nowhere and my husband requested to speak to the manager.

After waiting 30 minutes, the manager, Marta, eventually came out and told us that they were overbooked and that they only could offer us to switch resorts. She proceeded to saying that "stuff happens, and it happened to you." The customer service continued to flounder during the conversation. Marta could not explain why this was happening and still offered no assistance other than putting us in their sister resort. While we were spending the time discussing the situation with Marta, other resort guests arrived and received the luxury rooms they reserved, which piled onto our frustration during the situation.

In the end, AAA found us another resort that cost us double what we paid for the Royalton. The entire situation was extremely stressful and unprofessional. The Royalton provided unsatisfactory customer service and direction. We were very disappointed and frustrated that we not only lost an entire day of our trip, but we were never given a proper explanation of why we were not able to get the room that we paid for in full 2 months prior.

25  Thank SchafRach
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Dear SchafRach,

We are very sorry that your holiday with us did not meet your expectations and we appreciate your constructive comments and thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send to Trip Advisor your positive comments.

Your comments have been reported and they will be taken into account in the future. We will continue working to improve our services, as our top priority is to provide the best experience our guest.
We are at your complete disposal.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My Husband and I visited the Royalton between 8/4/14 and 18/4/14 and we can honestly say this has got to be one of the best hotels/resorts we have ever stayed at. My husband has always said he never goes to the same place twice, till now and he has been traveling for forty plus years.
The hotel is very clean and so are the beaches, the staff are always cleaning as well as serving there customers to a high standard. Kenia who works in the lobby bar has got to be far the best person we have ever met. she is always so happy and willing to help you. I had lost my purse (another story to tell another time) Kenia put her self out to help me look for it and she seemed generally concerned for the loss. Anyway the purse was found luckily with every thing in it.
So back to the hotel, the rooms are lovely and big with good air conditioning, the beds are lovely and big and very, very comfortable. The rooms were cleaned every day and sheets changed daily. our cleaner Danelia was so lovely and very efficient and always looked after us.
In General all staff were very friendly.
when we first arrived they did not have the room we had originally booked so they up graded us to Diamond Club, although very nice I would not pay out the extra money for it.
The only down side was the food in the buffet restaurant I personally didn't find appealing but hay every one is different, there were many more restaurants we could have tried but we didn't. We were told the steak house was out of this world but it was so hard to get into so that's why we didn't try it.
If you are like us and like to lay on the beach or by the pool with a shade then be prepared to get up early to get your spot as people were putting towels down at 4am. but as we were leaving more shades were being put up. there were plenty of beds if you don't mind not having a shade.
Our travel rep Domingo has got to be the best rep ever. Nothing was to much trouble and he was very quick and efficient at resolving any issues that arose.
I would highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing holiday but if you want to do things during the day then there was plenty to do.
some tips that might help, take American Dollars with you as this widely used. Do not get sucked in by the people that are at the desks in the hotel blocks as they work for another company that sell you time shares. They ask you if you want to go to a v I p breakfast and once you are there you could be there for six hours and to qualify for extra weeks will take you fifteen years, so be warned.

3  Thank CJB361

Dear CJB361,

Best greetings,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I Would like to start by saying it is a beautiful clean resort. the room was excellent the service from the staff was second to none. Checking in was speedy staff on the reception was polite and helpful.The Gourmet Marche restaurant was great to eat in. A good choice of nicely prepared food as well as cooked to order fish & meats on various days. The 4 ladies that welcome us at breakfast, lunch and evening meals were excellent. I love the way they made me and my family feel special every day of our stay. The pools were great. If you have children SPLASH WORLD is a must its also great for adults. The daily evening entertainment was always a good way to finish the day with your family. DONT MISS the MICHAEL JACKSON tribute show thats was absolutely brilliant. We truly had an amazing time and looking forward to going back again. I would like to give a special thank you to Seripen & Angelo BLOCK 4 who looked after all room needs as well as the service staff. The BEACH BAR staff Junior,Germain, Wanda & Maria who always seem to remember what you were drinking and you never had an empty glass thank you. OMAR & PIERRE on EXCURSION where two great guys i found very informative & helpful and very fluent in a number of languages. They helped me to learn a few meaningful Spanish phrases. I would like to thank the entertainment staff Edrey,Blondi (Jeffrey),Francis (happy face),Luis and Ismeliah always made sure of the days activity during the day. So i would like finish by say a big thank you to DOMINGO & EVENS two great reps for THOMSON. We had a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: block 4 room 1300 quiet & close to lobby and resturant
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank happydays4every1

Dear happydays4every1,

We hope you visit us again next year. We will be very pleased to welcome you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Memories Splash Punta Cana
Memories Splash Punta Cana
#34 of 112 in Punta Cana
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa

Been to Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!