“Dariotetada-brilliant experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
“Dariotetada-brilliant experience”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Me and my partner arrived at the hotel on the 30th April 2014. We where so happy when we arrived at the hotel we were given a glass of champagne and a nice towel and was welcome with a nice smile .i wanted to say a massive thank you to DARIOTESJADA he was so helpful , he helped my partner to arrange a romantic table on the beach , where my partner proposed to me.It was amazing !!! And the best time of my life !!! DARIOTESJADA always said good morning , asked if needed anything , and made sure we where happy with everything. Thank you DARIOTESJADA we will be coming back to this hotel as me and I'm partner enjoyed every moment , I just hope we will see you again.
every time we went to the Gourmet restraint for breakfast we was welcomed by a chef cooking omlets (exelente) he was always happy and also welcoming !!! A nice start to the day!!!

The weather , food, staff, hotel , beach was amazing !!!

We had professional photos taken by JAMES in the hotel shop, can't believe how good they are, I am amazed!!!Thank you!!

We also won the raffle prize , which was the boggie carts!! We was amazed with the trip!!! So fun!!!

Will never forget this holiday !!!

I have been to Dominican before and stayed at IBROSTAR , ROYALTON has been a better experience by miles .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lucy B
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Lucy B.,

Firstly, the entire team of Royalton Punta Cana wants to thank you for sharing your positive experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

We are really happy to read words as nice as yours. To know that our staff and service have exceeded your expectations encourages us to keep working day by day to maintain this proposal of high level that we want to achieve.

We will be glad to welcome you back again. We are at your disposal for anything you need.

Royalton Punta Cana & Memories Splash

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,750)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dayton, Ohio, United States

Overall excellent!
Upgraded to diamond club- our Butler Danilo went above and beyond to try and make our stay GREAT. He decorated the room for our 6 yr olds birthday. Found us everyday on the beach pool or where ever we were to check on us. We started to think he had a GPS locator on us LOL.
Room- For 3 adults and 1 child this standard room was a little small but that is all they had when we booked. We didn't get the ocean view like requested but this didn't matter that much we were only in the room to shower and sleep. We didn't have a full length mirror and after telling this to our Butler Danilo there was 1 mounted on the wall the next day. There isn't a lot of space for clothes in a standard room but we made it work :)
Beach- Beach was amazing and after running up and down both sides ours was one of the best. If you want a covered area you do need to go early to put your towels down. But there are always open chairs at the pool and beach. Unlike when we stayed at other places there were no chairs after 8am. At the diamond club area there is a waiter to take your order for drinks and food.
Food- Zen Chef # 2 was GREAT my 6 yr old love the interaction and watching him cook the food. The Cafee Lounge was a great place to stop for a quick iced coffee or snack and Ruth always there to help with a smile on her face. Bryan the excellente omelette Chef was awesome too! Martini Bar was also great!!
Excursions- My husband and 19 yr old daughter went on a fishing trip and said it was amazing. I went on the Dr Fish Ocean Spa and this was a GREAT relaxing day for me.
The water park at Memories was a fun place to hang out for awhile and was never really busy. Our 6 yr old LOVED the water park!
Service- Sometimes hit or miss with the friendliness of the staff.

We did have 1 night of no hot water but the resort was full so there is always a possibility of things going wrong.

Overall our stay was GREAT. I would just make sure and book a larger room next time if we have the kids with us.

Room Tip: There are very few Ocean view rooms here so don't get your hopes up that you will get one :)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tammy C
Dear Tammy C.,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Royalton Punta Cana not only for your wonderful comments that you have had about our team, but also for taking the time to share your positive experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

We are really glad to hear your comments about the impression of our hotel. Reading your comments help us to know that our decisions are in the good way to give our guests the best possible experience. Your comments about the attitude of the staff will be shared with the objective to motivate to continue with the best quality and guest satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again and of course we will be very pleased to welcome you.
Best greetings,

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This resort is fantastic from the moment you walk in the door to the moment you leave.

We booked with thomson and upgraded to Adults only which gave us a room looking over the adults only pool,Diamond Club, butlers called Christian Batista and Junior and a YELLOW wrist band. The yellow wrist band meant you could use the adult only pool.

There is 3 types of All inclusive bands at the resort.
Normal which is plastic
Gold diamond club band which gives you access to Diamond club beach and lounges NOT ADULTS only pool.
And finally yellow which you have access to everywhere in royalton and memories including adults only pool.

Miss Marta and Naulea Cabiera you were fantastic and I will see you next year.

We spent most of our days around the adults only pool the first day we were there as soon as we put our towel down a member of staff came over to check we had a yellow wrist band and that we were entitled to use the pool. This member of staff was called Flanagan and he was absolutely fantastic. They also serve you drinks to your sun bed if you do not want to move, we could wake up late and there were beds still available round the pool as he would remove everybody who had not got a yellow wrist band as they had not paid for the privilege
This made the hotel extra money as guests that were removed could upgrade to Adults only for the price of upgrading to diamond club 51 dollars per person per night, then an extra £15 dollars per person per night for adults only section.

For breakfast we went to the main buffet restaurant and our waiter was Emmanuel Colome he always had a smile and went out of his way to assist.

At lunchtIme we would walk along the beach to the diamond club beach where we were served by Yerical and Luis Miguel who were fantastic in every way, at this bar you can order from a menu and have premium brand drinks they also serve you on your sun bed if you do not want to move.

All the A la carte restaurants were fantastic but my favourite was Hunters Steak house
Rogalio Duran ( calls himself Black Roger) was our waiter here and he would always make sure we were happy.

The rooms were cleaned twice a day, pools cleaned every day. The cleaners are always cleaning.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone so much so we are going back on the 17th April 2015 and bringing the family.

Recommendations for the hotel/ managers

If you are going to charge people for diamond club and diamond club adults only please In-Force this
People should not be using the facilities that are provided to diamond club if they have not paid extra this is not fair this includes the diamond club beach, the top section of the theatre and adult only pool- please sort it out!

The shop - went to buy a watch all the watches were not working only the really expensive ones at 300 dollars a real con

This is the most important one of all please please take this recommendation on board

You need more sun beds and parasols by every single bed it is better to have too many than not enough this is on the beach all areas, memories section, Royalton and diamond club
Most of your guests were paying the hard rock to sunbathe there as the beds were not available.

Shout out to a few friends along the way Mike, Elis and your partner from Canada fantastic meeting you-please get in touch

Tony and Ellen thanks for the entertainment we will keep in touch

Roll on 2015 see you then Royalton,

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same inside including swim up, You never get a full sea view only partial wha...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eyore2010
Dear eyore2010,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to share your opinion in Tripadvisor.

We think that our guests deserve the best services and the best facilities and we do our best to get them. And for this reason we really appreciate all your comments, because this is the best way to know what else we need to improve. Thank you for your wonderful comments that you have had about our staff.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences and we truly consider all your comments. And we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at our property as one of our returning valued guest to make your next stay with us, one full of pleasant memories.
Kind regards,

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

For those who don't wish to read all of my babble, in short this resort is one not to be missed. Our criticisms for the whole experience are so minimal their almost not worth mentioning. I was so nervous after reading some of the negative reviews, but I don't have a clue where they've come from! Don't listen to them! Royalton is the place to be!

I travelled alongside my friend, we both came from England and booked through Thomson. It was our first time in the Dominican, and my first time going all inclusive. Our flights ran smooth without concerns, the dream liner on the return was lovely (although I'm not sure what all the fuss is about). There's plenty of leg room in standard seats, however we were little miffed as we'd paid for extra leg room but the seats seemed the same as all the rest.

On arrival there was reps there to meet us, the transfer was quick and simple with only about a 20 minute drive from the airport. We were checked in on the coach before even arriving, and were greeted with a cocktail at reception. We found at times the swipe cards to get into our room were a bit temperamental, we were advised the magnetic field from mobiles can affect them.

Our room was absolutely beautiful. The beds were amazing! The shower is so powerful which is something very important to me. The door did leak slightly but nothing a towel on the floor couldn't fix. The maids cleaned the room from top to bottom every day (beware the floors are very slippy after mopping), and they seem to work long hours so can work around when you're free. We made good use of the 'do not disturb/please service' sign on the door and always had our needs met. We also had gorgeous robes and slippers in the room. The maids come again in the evening to turn the beds down and refresh towels. The air con is top notch, along with a ceiling fan as well. Our view was facing the main area where the restaurants and bars were which we were happy with as we'd made no special requests. I'd say everything is spaced out pretty evenly so wherever your room is you're never too far from all the facilities. By the looks of the layout there aren't too many pool/sea views so don't pin your hopes on that and I did hear that some who had paid for sea views could only see the sea if they stretched round the corner of their balcony.

There's two pools and one tiny shallow pool for kids. The pools are medium size, not enough to swim full lengths but they were never overly busy. We did find after the holiday went on that the sunbeds got very busy, and by 6am it was hard to find a spare bed, especially with shade! I've read some people saying you cannot reserve until 8am which unfortunately is no longer the case. We found some beds had towels on since 6am and weren't even being used until the afternoon. I'd say this is definitely something that needs work, as there's easily space for more. The beach however was a lot less busy....with beautiful clear white sands. The sea was a bit cold and choppy due to it being the Atlantic but all the same amazing!

The restaurants are brilliant. I highly recommend making sure you try all of them. The only restaurant we had to wait for a table was hunters, the steak restaurant. Even then our longest wait was 40 minutes, and when you're on holiday I don't see the problem with that. It's not as though you're in a rush is it?! They hand you a bleeper and you're free to go and get a drink or whatever whilst you wait. Our favourites were Hunters and Zen, and our least I'd say was under the sea and the buffet, but I'd still recommend trying them both. With Zen there is a sushi bar that you can go to whenever, it's only the live teppanyaki stations that you need to book the morning before - and if you're extra nice to the staff around the sushi bar they'll sneak you over some teppanyaki anyway. The room service is also top notch, and 24 hour which we made full use of! There's no way you can ever go hungry, there's food to meet the fussiest eaters, and those with extremely strong will power would find all types of healthy foods too. We however gained over a stone between us!

The evening entertainment was wonderful, and again I'd recommend trying to catch every performance. The only criticisms would be that most of the shows only last an hour, which isn't much in the type of resort where you can't really wander the local area. The dreams beach party is not one to be missed, a big favourite along with Michael Jackson of course. Make sure you go to all the bars and try some cocktails, they're out of this world! Although we did have to keep asking for them to be weaker as Dominican measures are very different to English!

The casino is a reasonable size but is hit and miss with busyness and atmosphere. The is also a minimum of a $20 purchase of chips at the tables. The nightclub we found to be a bit of a let down. The music seems to be the same playlist every night, the atmosphere is a bit rubbish and it was mostly almost empty. I think it's difficult to get the mix right due to there being so many nationalities wanting their own music.

I would encourage you to do shopping for gifts at the mall. There are free buses that run twice a day with a ticket from reception, it takes around 40 minutes to get there, you have two hours there and then a longer journey back due to drop offs. The mall is a lot lot cheaper than the local market, and the market stalls they have within the resort one evening. Don't be fooled....they pester and pester and make you feel you are getting a good deal when it is not the case!

Listening to reps you will be told how little money everyone earns and how grateful they are, then you'll see them with their flash watches and iPhones. As you talk to people you'll learn they don't all earn the pittance they make out, I think the lowest paid are the maids. On reading reviews we felt great pressure to tip everywhere, when in reality we found we just tipped people who we felt gave us good service. Often in the restaurants you'll be served by two or three different people who you'll only have one interaction with so we didn't feel it appropriate. We tipped the maids most days but found it made no difference to the service we received, they did the same good job every day. My rule would be don't feel pressured, if you received good service then tip, if not, don't!

Mostly everywhere accepts Pesos and American dollars, which we used both. We were told that reception exchange pounds for dollars but this is not the case, the reps will exchange it but the rate isn't brilliant, so make sure you bring enough.

Excursion wise we chose the outback safari and swimming with dolphins. Both of which were amazing and worth every penny. The outback safari at $95 for a full day of experiencing local culture and sights. We did that on our last day and it was a beautiful way to round of our trip. The dolphins we went VIP for $190 each, I think that's meant to be 2 dolphins to 6 people, however there was only me and my friend who had it so we had extra special treatment! The rep will tell you you can get one photo for $10, we did not see this option anywhere. I think it's something like $90 for a CD of photos, and $110 for photos and a DVD...but they're well worth it! Others told us that the excursion to an island (I cant remember the name) was also a brilliant trip. There's also water sport type things available on the beach which I was informed were good fun!

We went over to memories for a day for the slides. We stayed about two hours. The resort was empty as I think most people go over to Royalton. The slides were average, good fun but nothing special. Worth taking a look but don't get overly excited - however brilliant if you're taking kids. This resort is lot more family orientated with a kids and teens group.

I didn't try the spa or the gym but were told both were good. The spa staff work on commission and apparently it is possible to haggle with them to get a better price. The treatments aren't cheap but you get full access to all the facilities which are apparently top notch.

We were encouraged to give shout outs to the staff who really stood out for us. Everyone was very helpful anyway but in particular at Zen; Manuel, George and Francis really made our experience brilliant. The nightclub barman Hector was very friendly and good fun. And Alex the dancer made the beach party a brilliant night! Smiley face (god knows where she's meant to work because she's everywhere) was always good fun, an amazing dancer and my friend really enjoyed the aqua aerobics with her.

Unfortunately we'd have liked to say the Thomson rep Domingo was helpful. He was useless - which was our only real sticking point. On first impressions he's very friendly and approachable, however once he's had your money he's no use for anything. He had to chase him up many a time for things and I know other holiday makers had a lot bigger problems that he just did not sort. He likes to send you away and ask you to return the next day, my advice would be to stay and ask for him to sort whatever it is there and then, otherwise you'll be forever chasing after him.

In regards to paying extras for things I just don't think it's needed. The diamond club have a separate section of the beach, a separate beach bar, a separate bar by reception and access to the adult pool. But their facilities didn't seem much different to ours, considering how much extra they'd paid. I think opinions were mixed, some I spoke to appreciated it, however most felt it just wasn't worth it. The staff by the regular pools take your orders and bring drinks anyway, so I'm not sure the butler is that special. The service is brilliant everywhere so I see no need to pay extra. Again the swim out rooms, maybe helpful for a family with children wanted to play of an evening or whatever. But they don't actually lead to a main pool, they are separate and seem a bit pointless to me. A nice concept but a bit of a waste of money. The adult pool was just another medium sized pool. It did seem a lot less busy and have its own bar, I don't know the price for that but if you want more of a chilled holiday it might be worth it if it's not too expensive.

Overall a brilliant holiday not to be missed. Worth every penny and more. The scenery is absolutely out of this world, the beach is the best I've seen. The service is outstanding. The food is top notch.

Little Tips:
-The sports bar do brill snacks during the day, we missed this until right near the end but definitely worth trying.
-There's a lot of branded and unbranded alcohol, if you don't ask you will get the house drinks, just ask for what you want.
- Avoid the concierge in your apartment block! They are extremely friendly and will try and convince you to come to some meeting offering free massages and all sorts, it's just a time share sale. It lasts hours and apparently they can be very pushy and funny about it.
- If you are a coffee fan, bring your own, Dominican coffee isn't all it's made out to be, however the coffee shop does better drinks than the restaurants/room service.
- Room service are very flexible. The menu is a bit confusing with the times for meals. Just ask for what you want within reason and they are more than happy to supply.
- If you have anything to celebrate whilst there let them know. There's all sorts of extras they do for stuff like that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank iamkingy
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear iamkingy,

First of all, thank you so much for selecting Royalton Punta Cana for your holidays, it is a big pleasure to read this wonderful opinion about our hotel. And of course, thanks for sharing it on Trip Advisor.

We are very proud to know that your last experience at Royalton Punta Cana exceeded your expectations. As you know our principal goal is to give you our best service, make your vacation exclusive and unforgettable. Your comments will help us with our continuing effort to assure our Guest Satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again next year. We will be very pleased to welcome you.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Food excellent staff excellent hospitality exellent no complaints at all take your family here service exellent you just cannot get better than this its amazing your treated like royalty the beach is amazing the pools and restuarants are out of this world you won't be disappointed were coming back love it its got no faults and you won't find any we're happy

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Stevie J
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Stevie J.,

We would like to thank you personally for sharing on TripAdvisor your kind feedback about your stay at Royalton Punta Cana.

We appreciate to hear that we have been able to meet your expectations and that our location and facilities have contributed to a wonderful holiday in our hotel. It is a great pleasure to read how much you have enjoyed our resort.

We hope to have you back soon enjoying Royalton Punta Cana.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Royalton Punta Cana for 2 weeks in April this year. The recently furbished hotel was excellent - modern, spacious and spotless rooms. The food was of very high standard with vast choices of cuisine in the main dining room as well as a choice of top quality restaurants including Italian, mediterranean, Teppanyaki and the steak house. Royalton's sister hotel Memories is a 2 minute open train ride between the hotels where you can use the water park which is terrific fun. The beach isabsolutely beautiful with soft white sand and palm trees. The staff are very friendly and eager to please. Luis was always very helpful, spoke excellent English and always had a lovely smile. An extra special thanks to Yahiara who was so friendly and made our stay extra special

Room Tip: Higher floors more private, sea view fantastic. Avoid rooms facing Memories hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jo W
Dear Jo W.,

We hope to have you back soon enjoying Royalton Punta Cana.

Durham
Reviewed 12 May 2014

1st time to the Dominican and this resort was highly recommended and it did not disappoint. Went April 23-30 with another couple from Toronto. Regardless of where you go you can find fault with any resort so if you are looking for perfection you will never find it.

Rooms were splendid for the amount of time we actually stayed in them, the beds were awesome. We were in block 1 which was furthest from the beach but really, even hammered taking 2 steps forward 1 step back only takes a few minutes:) At night in our washroom there seemed to be an odor but it might have been my fault. Room was always done up before we came back from the beach each day and mini fridge re-stocked.

Beach was magnificent and the best in the area, we walked a couple of miles both ways and the Royalton's spot was A1. You did have to get up early to grab/reserve a hut but there was always an abundance of tables and loungers if you came later. A server was always around to bring you drinks all the time, if you like to tip even better but not necessary.

Pools were clean and never had a problem trying to get a seat but we usually stopped there on the way back to the room at the end of the day. The best mid-day burgers is a must by the pool.

Bartenders at swim-up bar were friendly and very accommodating to fulfilling your orders and requests. Tips not necessary but recommended.

Restaurants:

Grazie Trattoria was the best for us, our servers Jonathon & Orlando treated us with Royalty LOL and it was more of a fine dining experience. The tenderloin cut was as good as the selections in Hunters.

Zen was a fun experience and the food was very good, do not order the hot saki, never did the sushi dining but I heard it was good also.

Hunters steakhouse was an ok experience for us but most rave about it. I must say the steaks we had were very good but the waiters came up short on service and it seemed that they wanted to rush you out of there. You must do it at least once early in your trip so if you really like it you can give it another go.

Under the Sea was good and the waiters were very good but it seemed like they rush you out of there, once one course is done the other is right there.

Opa was ok, not the traditional souvlaki dinners you get on the Danforth but still enjoyable.

Gourmet Marché has it all, great for breakfast, lunch & dinner, there is something for everyone. There was a perception that getting coffee and refils always seemed to be a problem in the am, only once was it a problem for us other than that it was all good.

Caffe Lounge was awesome, great coffees all the time and nice snacks to hit the spot, great idea and was utilized by alot of the guests.

Night life is what you make of it. The best event is on Wednesday night, white beach party, go and experience it, it is alot of fun. As for the shows in the theater they are ok, the other outdoor shows are pretty entertaining. The casino is usually dead, very small and not alot of action. The sports bar does show various games and they are accommodating if you want a certain game but it seemed like alot of children in there at times, there was a pool table.

Go and spend a few hours at the water park in Memories, regardless of your age it is fun.

Don't go to the shopping area that Sunwing recommends unless you are looking for better quality jewelery, Royalton brings vendors in on one of the days and if you are looking for nic-nacs and can negotiate your better off buying from them. You can walk down and try your luck at the end of the road in that little market but you need to know your prices and not be afraid to deal.

Diamond club? Hard to say if it is worth the extra $, we were upgraded half way through and took advantage of the beach bar which served Corona, Budweiser and chicken wings. Never utilizied the butler service and did not change rooms but some of the rooms I believe are larger, you get to sit in the balcony of the theater, you might have a swim up room and you can make reservations to all the restaurants in advance. As for the booze upgrades sometimes you just have to ask but they have a very good selection anyhow.

I highly recommend this resort if you are having a wedding, bringing kids, looking for a very relaxing vacation with a great beach and pool facilities with good to great food and friendly staff. If you are a wild and crazy cat looking for stories to tell you pals back home you might want to surf trip advisor to find these types of resorts.

Lastly, the main lobby bar was our favorite place to hang out after a long day on the beach before dinner and sometimes after dinner. If you go to the Royalton please venture to this bar and see the Big E (Erasamo) & Smilely (Angel), tell them Canada Jack sent you and they will set you up with one of my favorites.

All in all you won't be disappointed.

Mauricio, thanks for a wonderful trip.

Room Tip: Unit 1 & 2 make sure you get even number room. Odd number looks out to service road.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Scarsaint
Dear Scarsaint,

On behalf of myself and all the staff of the Royalton Punta Cana, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Punta Cana.

Your honest opinion can be an invaluable reference for other customers who are thinking of staying with us, for this reason we really appreciate the time that you have taken for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your vacation here in our Hotel, your comment is very important to us to improve and better ourselves.

We hope to see you again.
Kind regards.

Alsol Luxury Village
Alsol Luxury Village
#87 of 111 in Punta Cana
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa

Been to Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!