“Excellente”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dominican Republic
“Excellente”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

all the staff was amazing !!! i really appreciate all the little attention from everybody around here
the place is VERY clean ans well managed. thanks for all

a special thanks to Elvin, Randol,Joel and Yanilsa

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank perla s
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear perla s.,

We would like to thank you personally for sharing on TripAdvisor your kind feedback about your stay at Royalton Punta Cana.

We appreciate to hear that we have been able to meet your expectations and that our location and facilities have contributed to a wonderful holiday in our hotel. It is a great pleasure to read how much you have enjoyed our resort.

We hope to have you back soon enjoying Royalton Punta Cana.

Royalton Punta Cana & Memories Splash

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,795)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I just returned from two weeks at the Royalton, and I would return in a heartbeat.
We were originally travelling from May 5-12, and later added on the prior week April 28-May 5, so we ended up staying in two rooms during our stay.

During our first week, we stayed in room 1415, Building 6. Loved the location of this building, as we could walk through our building right on to the Diamond Club Beach, which is where we spent a lot of time. This room would be a good location for families, as it faces the main pool. Only complaint (and it is very minor) is that the lighting in the bathroom is pretty dim.
During the second week, we stayed in room 1235, a honeymoon suite in building 3. The view from this room was beautiful, it overlooked the Adults Only Pool right to the ocean.

The beach was stunning, and we never had a problem getting chairs. The pools were great as well, especially the DC Adults Only. There are two main pools in the centre of the resort – one with no bar, which has activities like pool aerobics, and one with a swim-up bar. I would strongly suggest making the pool with the bar adults-only, or at least 12+. There were several occasions when the swim-up bar was taken over by small children, and all their floaties, pool toys, etc. and our group who actually wanted to get drinks and tip were pushed out of the way.

We ate at all the restaurants at the Royalton several times each, and never had a bad experience. The food at Diamond Club Beach, Diamond Club Lounge, and Adults Only pool was also great. We did not try the restaurants at Memories. Notable servers were Solomon with room service, who was fantastic, and Celestino at Hunter – the best service of the entire trip. I wish I could remember the bartender at Score’s name as he was also very fun and our group had a great time with him.

Our butler was Manuel, and he did a great job. We had several birthdays in our group, and he always helped us with group reservations, organizing birthday cakes, etc. I see some reviews complaining about butler service, and my comment would be – call you butler, let him know where you’ll be! If you’re never in your room, or are at a different part of the resort every day, it makes it very difficult for them to track you down and help you. We had 48 people in our group, and many positive butler experiences. Santiago wasn't our butler, but many of our family had him and had wonderful things to say about him.

Housekeeping was very thorough and professional.

Our Wedding: Claribel and Yessy are amazing. They asked all the right questions, were open to changes, and helped with every last detail. Our wedding turned out wonderfully!

The gym was great, and we had a lot of fun at the casino. It would be nice if the lobby bar or Sands (beach bar) stayed open a bit later for people who wanted a more casual atmosphere than the disco.

Overall, my complaints are minuscule, and far outshone by the pros of this resort. We all agreed it was hands-down the nicest resort we have been to, and we are eager to return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank t33aamh
Dear t33aamh,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for spending your time sharing your experience at Royalton Punta Cana and thanks for giving us the esteemed opportunity of serving you during your stay in Punta Cana.

We would like to express our gratitude for your nice comments you made about your stay. It is always great to receive positive feedback on numerous aspects of the hotel, service and installations. It will be a pleasure to share them with the rest of the team.

We will be delighted to attend you in future if you come back to Punta Cana. We would like to see you again in our hotel Royalton Punta Cana as soon as possible.
Kind regards,

Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here mid-January, for 8 nights. They were still making improvements, but even without those, the resort was nearly perfect.

We stayed in an adults only room, and I cannot recommend this enough! The care and attention we received at the adults only pool area was awesome. Elvira was on our drinks, always had a cold water or fresh beverage in hand. Seriously, loved that area.

Restaurants were good, especially Hunter. The main buffet suited out breakfast and lunch needs and we loved the coffee treats at the coffee shop.

We truly believe the beach location to be one of the best in the area. Water was a great for bobbing.

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank fivenights
Dear fivenights,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Royalton Punta Cana not only for your wonderful comments that you have had about our team, but also for taking the time to share your positive experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

We are really glad to hear your comments about the impression of our hotel. Reading your comments help us to know that our decisions are in the good way to give our guests the best possible experience. Your comments about the attitude of the staff will be shared with the objective to motivate to continue with the best quality and guest satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again and of course we will be very pleased to welcome you.
Best greetings,

Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This review must begin and end with "SANTIAGO"!!!

We arrived at the Royalton on Sunday, May 4th and stayed through Saturday, May 10th. (Definitely not a long enough stay at this spectacular resort!)
Upon arrival, we were promptly whisked into the Diamond Club Lounge. We were treated like royalty. I had never been to the Dominican or traveled very much, for that matter, so I wasn't sure what to expect. However, my husband has traveled to the Dominican on several occasions and stayed at various other all inclusive resorts, and he was floored by the Royalton from the second we walked in.
We were introduced to our butler, Santiago. The instant we met him, he made us feel welcome and important. Santiago led us on a personal tour of the entire grounds, showing us all the Royalton had to offer, including the Fitness Center, the Spa, all of the various restaurants and bars. He introduced us to bartenders and staff members, all of whom greeted us warmly and remembered us when we walked up for a drink. Santiago answered all of our questions before we even asked them!
He escorted us to our Swim up room that was adjacent to the adult pool. This was absolutely FABULOUS! We traveled with a large group and we all had a great time swimming, lounging and drinking outside our room. The staff at the Adults Only Pool bar was fantastic! Jose, Elvira and Jeffrey were terrific! We never had to wait for a drink, they were friendly, efficient and attended to all of our needs.
The Bali beds were wonderful! It was usually never a problem to get a Bali bed at the adult pool, we were often lucky enough to get the one right across from our Swim Up room.
The Diamond Beach was beautiful and so much fun. The Beach Bar was often busy but the staff was very eager to please. The Manager at the beach bar, Luis, was always there with a smile on his face and ready to help us with whatever we needed.
My husband and I enjoyed the food at all of the restaurants.
The evening we arrived we ate at Grazie Trattoria with 8 of our friends. It was great. We dined there one other time and we went in on a few occasions for the late night snack, after a long day of drinking! Diego was always our server there, and he was fantastic.
Our second night at the Royalton, my husband and I dined at Cavas Tapas Bar, just the two of us, because I had a little too much to drink and missed the group dinner at Zen.
We enjoyed our meal tremendously. We shared a paella that was out of this world. The experience at Cava was made even better by our server Joemely. She was an engaging girl that took the time to talk to us and get to know us. She was so sweet and personable, a fabulous server!
We dined with our group of 12 at Hunter's in the private room and had a phenomenal meal. Our server Francisco Reyes was outstanding. He and the manager of Hunter were very attentive and they served us with a family style meal that was superb. It was an assortment of everything from the menu. Everyone at the table got a sampling of all of it. We all left very satisfied.
We were lucky enough to have Francisco serve us again the following evening at Opa. He made wonderful recommendations and the meal was enjoyed by all. Never once, did we need to ask for more water, or wine. Francisco made sure we had everything we needed. To be fair all of the servers at Opa were great. Santiago told us Francisco was the Captain of the servers at Opa and his crew was nothing less than perfect.
During our meal Francisco came to the table and informed my husband that he had a phone call. It was Santiago calling (from home!) to make sure my husband, myself and all of our friends were finding everything to our satisfaction.
That was the kind of astounding, personalized service we received from Santiago our entire trip.
We ate breakfast at the Gourmet Marche every morning and we were not disappointed once. They had a vast variety of delicious items.
If I had to name one thing that we found to be less than perfection, it was the walk up service at the lobby bar. We found this area to be our favorite place to sit, relax and enjoy a drink but we would often be blatantly ignored wait upwards of 10 minutes for our cocktails at the bar. That being said, when we were sitting in the chairs in the lounge area, the cocktail waitresses were excellent.
We could not have been happier with our stay at the Royalton. We cannot wait to visit again in the near future.
I find it necessary to praise Santiago one more time before I end this review. I am sure we would have had a wonderful time at this beautiful place, no matter what. Having Santiago there to take care of us made this an experience that my husband and I will never forget. He took the time to get to know our likes and dislikes, he was there to greet us outside our swim up room every morning, he answered all of questions and made us feel completely at home. Santiago even took the time to say "Hello" to our six children via FaceTime!
He is warm and friendly with such kind eyes. He clearly has an unmatched work ethic and obviously takes pride in a job well done.
We can't wait to get back to see him again!

Elizabeth
Chicago, IL

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Elizabeth B
Dear Elizabeth B.,

We appreciate to hear that we have been able to meet your expectations and that our location, staff and facilities have contributed to a wonderful holiday in our hotel. It is a great pleasure to read how much you have enjoyed our resort.

We hope to have you back soon enjoying Royalton Punta Cana.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my second time in Punta Cana and first from my high school best friend. This was a BFF leave your hubby's at home trip. Aside from the typical hassles of the customs and watching the airport staff at PUJ play marbles with our luggage, the trip in was flawless. My travel agent uses Vacation Express and we had a charter bus pick us up. We flew Sunwing which was behind schedule making our arrival at 11PM nearly 4 hours later. The staff swiftly offered check-in with the night manager and our bags made it to our rooms about a half our later. We didn't have to do an upgrade to diamond club which there was some confusion having read some other reviews. We received 24 hour room service the entire trip. Restaurants are plentiful. Hunter's Steakhouse is tricky so plan to wait. There was confusion around Opa's being diamond club but the staff who told us this at lunch was still under some old rules. Francisco at Marche quickly took care of this with much grace. Solomon deserves to keep his job bless his heart...very hard worker. Edrey works so hard to get to know the guests and does a great job. Corbrello always kept our room extra clean. She deserves a raise. Wash-clothes were scarce but she located us plenty. Nestor makes the best Blue Hawaii and is very friendly. There is always night life going on and on Friday they brought in local artisans and jewelry makers. Make sure you go toe to toe with them on the price as I was able to get lovely pieces a third for what they were asking. Luis in the coffee shop is a treat. He was closing shortly after 10PM and opened to give us some goodies. Went above and beyond to make the guests happy. We enjoyed trying the restaurants at Memories as guests of the Royalton you get to do this free. We didn't have little ones with us but friends we made who did loved the waterpark. All in all, lovely resort that is great for families. Be prepared to see some nude sunbathing on the beach though.

Room Tip: There are very few rooms I would consider beach front based on the design of this resort. Either wa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lori R
Dear Lori R.,

First of all, thank you so much for selecting Royalton Punta Cana for your holidays, it is a big pleasure to read this wonderful opinion about our hotel. And of course, thanks for sharing it on Trip Advisor.

We are very proud to know that your last experience at Royalton Punta Cana exceeded your expectations. As you know our principal goal is to give you our best service, make your vacation exclusive and unforgettable. Your comments will help us with our continuing effort to assure our Guest Satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again next year. We will be very pleased to welcome you.

Greenhithe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Me and my partner arrived at the hotel on the 30th April 2014. We where so happy when we arrived at the hotel we were given a glass of champagne and a nice towel and was welcome with a nice smile .i wanted to say a massive thank you to DARIOTESJADA he was so helpful , he helped my partner to arrange a romantic table on the beach , where my partner proposed to me.It was amazing !!! And the best time of my life !!! DARIOTESJADA always said good morning , asked if needed anything , and made sure we where happy with everything. Thank you DARIOTESJADA we will be coming back to this hotel as me and I'm partner enjoyed every moment , I just hope we will see you again.
every time we went to the Gourmet restraint for breakfast we was welcomed by a chef cooking omlets (exelente) he was always happy and also welcoming !!! A nice start to the day!!!

The weather , food, staff, hotel , beach was amazing !!!

We had professional photos taken by JAMES in the hotel shop, can't believe how good they are, I am amazed!!!Thank you!!

We also won the raffle prize , which was the boggie carts!! We was amazed with the trip!!! So fun!!!

Will never forget this holiday !!!

I have been to Dominican before and stayed at IBROSTAR , ROYALTON has been a better experience by miles .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lucy B
Dear Lucy B.,

Firstly, the entire team of Royalton Punta Cana wants to thank you for sharing your positive experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

We are really happy to read words as nice as yours. To know that our staff and service have exceeded your expectations encourages us to keep working day by day to maintain this proposal of high level that we want to achieve.

We will be glad to welcome you back again. We are at your disposal for anything you need.

Dayton, Ohio, United States

Overall excellent!
Upgraded to diamond club- our Butler Danilo went above and beyond to try and make our stay GREAT. He decorated the room for our 6 yr olds birthday. Found us everyday on the beach pool or where ever we were to check on us. We started to think he had a GPS locator on us LOL.
Room- For 3 adults and 1 child this standard room was a little small but that is all they had when we booked. We didn't get the ocean view like requested but this didn't matter that much we were only in the room to shower and sleep. We didn't have a full length mirror and after telling this to our Butler Danilo there was 1 mounted on the wall the next day. There isn't a lot of space for clothes in a standard room but we made it work :)
Beach- Beach was amazing and after running up and down both sides ours was one of the best. If you want a covered area you do need to go early to put your towels down. But there are always open chairs at the pool and beach. Unlike when we stayed at other places there were no chairs after 8am. At the diamond club area there is a waiter to take your order for drinks and food.
Food- Zen Chef # 2 was GREAT my 6 yr old love the interaction and watching him cook the food. The Cafee Lounge was a great place to stop for a quick iced coffee or snack and Ruth always there to help with a smile on her face. Bryan the excellente omelette Chef was awesome too! Martini Bar was also great!!
Excursions- My husband and 19 yr old daughter went on a fishing trip and said it was amazing. I went on the Dr Fish Ocean Spa and this was a GREAT relaxing day for me.
The water park at Memories was a fun place to hang out for awhile and was never really busy. Our 6 yr old LOVED the water park!
Service- Sometimes hit or miss with the friendliness of the staff.

We did have 1 night of no hot water but the resort was full so there is always a possibility of things going wrong.

Overall our stay was GREAT. I would just make sure and book a larger room next time if we have the kids with us.

Room Tip: There are very few Ocean view rooms here so don't get your hopes up that you will get one :)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Memories Splash Punta Cana
Memories Splash Punta Cana
#33 of 112 in Punta Cana
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa

Been to Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!