11,512 results
All reviews diamond club martini bar dips pool bar gourmet marche sands beach bar hunters steak house memories splash travel smart juan cruz hunter steakhouse adult only pool vip breakfast zen restaurant sister hotel sports bar family vacation butler service
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The lobby attendants Gabriela, Milagros, Maira, Andy B. , Daniusa and Aurelina treated us the best. They provided us with a special service. They treated us like Kings and Queens. Also, the workers in the buffet Pedrito, Carlos M. and the chef, Eddy, were so well with us. Every couple of minutes they would check up on us. They were so friendly and treated us like family, but everyone in the hotel treated us so well. This was my fourth time going to that hotel and we have created a family.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank rc796705
comunity1puj, Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear guest,

We would love to express our gratitude for the time you took to provide us your review of your recent stay in our property.

Our staff are characterizes for being charming, helpful and they are always trying their best to create amazing experiences for our very valued guests, we are very glad they were up to your expectations, you can rest assured all your positive comments are going to be share with them.

Our main goal is to provide the best quality of service to our very valuable guests; it makes us so glad to learn we achieved our goal and created magnificent memories to you all and will remain for life.

It feels amazing to learn you had a smooth return home and we would love to have the chance of welcoming you back in the near future for us to try our best and keep crating the best experience for you.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I have visited this hotel three times every time a new member of family joins our trip since they see how much fun we had. The facilities, food and entertainment are great. Milagros Bastardo and Mario Julio Raposo are great host; really take the time to make you feel at home. I work in customer service and can attest the are number one in delivery customer satisfaction. Great staff. If you are looking for the vacations on the life time you must visit Royalton Punta Cana you will always will want to come back.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank POLOQ
comunity1puj, Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear guest,

Combining the charming culture of the Dominican Republic with a luxury product, exceptional service, and incredible attention to detail, the Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino promises the vacation of your dreams.

Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino is ideal for families and groups, and features a separate section dedicated to adults only vacations. With its All-In Luxury™ concept, regal furnishings, and laidback island atmosphere, our Punta Cana hotel is sure to awaken your senses and treat you to a luxury vacation unlike any other.

We would love to have the chance of welcoming you back in the near future for us to try our best and create amazing experiences for you.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel jun 22-26 .. let me first start by saying I am well travelled . I have been to several all inclusive properties within the Caribbean and Mexico . This trip to royalton included myself as well as my husband and 2 kids ages 12 & 15. We had confirmed reservations for 2 double beds upon checking in we were placed in a room with 1 king and a pull out sofa bed .... but first let me back track - checking in was a disaster !!!!! Absolute disaster !!!! The lines were long not enough staff at front desk. Guest were complaining . It took forever to finally get the WRONG room . We had no choice but to stay there for 1 night since we were told the hotel was completely booked . The next morning I went to the front desk and was told to pack my luggage and bring it down that we were going to be placed in a room with double beds at 12pm . Now keep in mind this is 12 pm after many trips and excuses by front desk staff and finally getting to speak to the manager Pedro at 4pm we got a room . We had no room and several hours of inconvenience of running back forth . I have to say Pedro made things right and did upgrade us but the aggravation behind it ALL was still not worth it . My kids were upset my husband and I felt like we lost a night sleep and a day running back and forth agruging with front desk staff . This hotel needs to manage their rooms better and give guest what they pay for bottom line !! The staff and grounds were well maintained and everyone was friendly around pool and restaurant. Shout out to Raul !!!! PS Italian restaurant took 2 tries before we could get in to eat supposedly u don’t need reservations but we were turned away because they had kitchen and staffing issues . We ended up eating breakfast and dinner at buffet several times. We had to stand on line 8 am to get reservations for hibachi that night . The food by pool areas was fresh and staff there was great !
My advise is be prepared!!!!! Lines disorganized with accommodation and they will make empty promises. Ask right away for management!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank kassidysmom

Dear guest,

We really appreciate the moment you took to provide us your review of your recent stay in our property.

In our restaurants we offer the best International Gourmet Cuisine for our valuable guests to embark in a journey of delicious experiences; we feel really disappointed learning we could not exceed your expectations, we are going to make sure and share your comments with our Executive Chef in order to open an investigation and find out what happened in this particular situation

In our bars we offer a high quality of international drinks which are prepared by a highly professional staff who strive to create amazing experienced for our valued guests; we would like to apologize for the perception of our quality drinks, we are going to make sure and share your constructive observations with our Food and Beverage Manager in order to make a deep investigation and find out what happened in this particular situation. Thank you very much for your comments.

Our rooms were designed to provide the highest level of comfort to our very valued guests, we offers different rooms categories in order to provide the best options for our valuable guests; thank you very much for highlighting the cleanness in your room, nevertheless your constructive observations about the Ac are going to be forwarded to our Front Desk and Room Division Manager in order to make an investigation along with our Maintenance Manager and make immediate improvements in the preview mentioned situations if applies.

In general we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay in our property all your constructive observations are going to be shared with our whole management in order to make improvements if applies.

We would like to welcome you back in the near future for us to try our best and create an amazing experience for you.

Stefano Sturni
Resorts Manager Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Memories Splash Resorts.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Our best vacation yet thanks to the best team of Milagros Bastardo, Mario Julio Raposo and Oscar Cohn from Travel Smart VIP. There love for the customers, there happiness, the time they take to fulfil our expectations is to admire. We love this property but most of all we love this amazing team. We felt like family, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lulita77

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I have been back for just shy of a week now having gone there with my girlfriend for two weeks.

Overall I was impressed with the Royalton brand, but they have a lot of work to do if they do want to be a 5* luxury hotel (which they claim to be). I would love to rate the 4/5* but below are my thoughts of why unfortunately I am giving them a 3 out of 5.

Check in was fine – we were greeted with a cocktail and a warm wet towel which after a long flight and transfers was appreciated. Once we checked in we were informed how to get to our rooms where our luggage followed us. Despite requesting a top floor room I was given a ground floor room so back to the reception I went and in fairness to the staff at the reception are a credit to the hotel, they are one of the first people you meet and they are very keen to help you where possible. After a little playing around – within 5 minutes they had another room for me on the top floor which was exceptional.

I have seen many reviews commenting about the housekeeping staff being brilliant – they are not wrong. The chaps that refill the fridges as well are incredibly friendly. A big issue though are the Timeshare people on the ground floor. Despite telling them 4 times (on my first 4 days) that I was not interested in the “free upgraded breakfast” which by the way is the same (just sat in a different place) they still continued to pester my girlfriend and I – I had 2 different people say I can still go though “just to get them their points” which I guess is what they get commission on (I don’t know). I had to firmly tell them I was not interested AGAIN and then they got moody with me. The remaining week they didn’t try and convince me to attend the timeshare meeting – instead they try and sell you shoes, watches, hats, rum etc. I feel this needs to be addressed as it was annoying everything you go to your room you get pestered.

The food in the hotel is exceptional. I ate Lobster most days, but you could have steaks cooked to order and also fresh fish which was lovely. The only issues I found in the buffet was the staff were quite slow taking orders for drinks and bringing them. Often I had to ask 3-4 times for a beer or glass of wine in the evening, and more often or not we had to take a bottle of water each as they were slow giving you water! Generally, though the food was quality. Hunters was our favourite, I personally thought Zen was slightly overrated, but it was a fun meal regardless. The drinks were hit and miss, sometimes they were lovely, yet other times they were incredibly strong and you were not able to enjoy it – this would explain why so many drunk people were around the pool bar at 3pm!

The beach and pool were very nice. We spent the first week by the sea as it was perfection then after a big storm one night a vast amount of seaweed started mounting up. I really cannot fault anyone for this, it was a shame though. We often saw countless amount of workers working in the vast heat to clear the seaweed so they were clearly making the effort to make it as nice as possible for their guests. The pool was an experience. In the morning it was lovely and relaxing then in the afternoon it was very different. As I have seen from other reviews, the hotel needs to decide what type of destination it wants to be. The amount of American/ Canadian people partying around the pool made me think it was not a luxury destination to go to with your partner. Many weddings were taking place between the pool and the beach which would be a lovely setting, yet having music by Pitbull in background surely ruins the scenery for these people – they should be more considerate for these things! I have no problem with party hotels if it’s meant to be one; I would have just gone elsewhere, but I thought I had paid £4000 for a luxury quite hotel!

The main reason I have not given this hotel a 4/5* rating though is because of the drug issues. Countless times I saw drug dealing going on by the staff – selling to the Americans/ Canadians who are there to party. What people do in their own time is none of my business, but I was mortified that they are drug dealing in the toilets by the main swimming pool which is also where all the families with children hang around and play. I found a bag of drugs in the toilets – what happens if a child had found that? You will see from my photos I have attached how they hang around, people approached them and then the staff go into the toilet with the guest (no cameras) and they exchange money for drugs (disguised in cigarette cases). Now I know 100% it’s not cigarettes as they offered me drugs personally which I declined! You can see in the second photo a man putting money in his pocket, he carries/ stores the drugs – the chap on the left is the one who organised “the deal”. The hotel needs to address this and I am very interested in hearing what they have got to say about it – there would be a huge outcry if drug dealing was going on by a kid’s playground let alone in a hotel by its staff! I have seen a review where they saw drug dealing/ taking openly happening too!

This hotel has a lot of potential, it really does, but unfortunately having experienced and seen some things that I had, I honestly could not rate them higher which was a shame. I have not been put off by the Royalton brand as their reputation is good, the food was lovely most of the staff were lovely, but unfortunately I have been put off returning back to this hotel unless I knew these issues had been fixed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple