Stayed there from 9/12 to 9/16 for a family renewal of vows. The Air Conditioning in our rooms and in the restaurants was not very cool. As a party of ten from ages 7 months to 61 years old, we were hot all the time in the air conditioning. Even the pool water was warm like a bath as the water areas are only 3 to 4 feet deep. The service was slow and tipping was not suggested, but required to get any service. Food was adequate, no where near the quality of the Iberostar hotels where we have previously stayed on 4 different occasions. Strictly a FAMILY RESORT! If you are adults only, why put up with all the kids and a shallow pool. The place needs updating and is quite a distance from Punta Cana and other side attractions. it took an hour to get there from the airport. The Wedding was nice and the meal on the Beach was the best we had for the entire stay.
I observed them watering my drink when I asked for a premium vodka on the rocks. It seems like they are running a tight budget and guest are not treated like being in a 5 star. Venders you sell fake jewelry are on the grounds Wednesday and Saturday and practically block you from walking to your rooms.
5 out of ten people in our party ended up with diarrhea by the time we left. Our 13 year old grandson was diagnosed with e coli(mild case) upon his return to the USA.
Our son had a family suite in the preferred building but the living room was a big empty room with a bar, no chairs, a couch/loveseat. The tv in that room was not a flat screen. Flat Screens are only in the bedroom. He complained daily regarding the air conditioning in the room, but no one ever came or solved the problem. They just didnt seem to care.
When we checked in, our room safe did not work. We waited 2 hours for someone to come and fix it.
Also, we drank from a bottle of Diet Coke from the mini bar and noticed when we finished it that the bottle had an orange colored ring on it. BE CAREFUL.
This was our 5th visit to the Dominican Republic and our last. The staff used to be so appreciative and friendly, but now they seem much less enthused regarding their jobs.
The layout of the hotel is odd and to get to some of the buildings you must walk through the ground floors of the front buildings. At night, people were noisy as they past our rooms at midnight. Our swim out room never had pool towels as described and our neighbor kept taking our chairs from the patio. Also, note there are no elevators in the buildings where your rooms are located. As my husband had just had knee surgery, we had to have a ground floor room.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic