“We will never forget these holidays!”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #19 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Just arrived from a 01 week vacation with my hubby at Paradisus Palma Real!
Everything went just perfect from the moment we arrived ´till the moment we left.
The Royal Service is really good and it is worth. You don't have to worry with restaurants and activities reservations as you have a butler to help you out with all that!
One night when we got into the room, the jacuzzi was romantically prepared for us! Without asking!
Restaurants are very good, but not all of them! The bests are BANA (contemporary Asian fusion cuisine, sushi and Teppanyaki tables), GABI BEACH (sea food), VENTO (a la carte international specialties )!
Swimming pools are huge and delicious! They invite you for a splash all the time!
The sea is beatifull and the hotel offers sailing boats, scuba diving, snorkling, etc.! Great! Beside the others activities you can do during your stays, such as sushi class, tennis clinic, every caribbean rhythms class, etc.
The staff of activities were just great!
Thanks to Max, Gabriel, Santa, Ramón (out butler) for all the laughs, patience and kindness during my dream vacation in Caribe!!!!

1  Thank Gabriela_Flexa
There are newer reviews for Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed 27 September 2011

Went to my nieces wedding with 26 others in our party. Let me tell you that first impressions always count. When you have terrible management what can you expect from this hotel. Upon check in there were 3 buses full of college students all checking out at the same time. Now i would think there would have had a representatives checking the students out not all the students checking themselves out im talking about 300 people all at once. Once i saw that first thing that came to my mind was I came at the wrong time boy was i right. 2nd thought was going to another hotel however, we had a contract for 3 nights which meant if I didn't stay I would lose my money. So, it was downhill from that point on.

PROS - Beautiful beach and nice architecture and beautiful pool.

CONS - Mangement, i asked for manager never came out
Staff - attended to you when it was convient to them. You would have to go get someone to bring you a drink unless you just got up and got your own drink at the bar.
Food not bad but not hot. Now the reason to all of this is due to the management at the hotel they OVERWORK their staff so, of course they are too tired to help the guest. The hotel staff works 22 days on 8 days off. I wouldn't want to work either.
You would think that a 4 DIAMOND property would have superb service they DON'T. I have been to 4 Diamond properties and 5 star resorts and I would give them 3 stars and that is alot for the service that was given. The only time staff will acknowledge you is to sell you their time share.
The hall ways are poorly lit and they use 25 watt bulbs so, it's hard to see where your going at night. If your on the 3rd floor the water pressure is very low so, you might find that your toilet doesn't work properly nor does your shower or sink. BEWARE on picking up the phone to make a call i made the mistake and made a call within the same country and i spoke for 6 minutes and was hit with a $25.00 US phone bill thank goodness I didn't call to the U.S.
This hotel is OVERPRICED for the terrible service one recieves. Maybe at one time this hotel had great service but they do not now. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Now, those of you that don't believe me go ahead give it a try and prove me wrong.
I had to make the most of this for my niece and her special day but I will not be returning again. I have been to better resorts in Punta Cana,Puerto Plata,Sosua,Samana and Santo Domingo that have 0 diamonds. HOTELS STAFF SHOULDN'T IGNORE GUEST.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank IsabelA484
Reviewed 24 September 2011

A fantastic hotel resort with a superb staff , in our opinion this hotel meet's it's 5-star classifications.
Strongly recommendad for a great time on the beaches of Punta Cana.

Reception & Registrations:
The hotel had the reception prepared in advance to receive us as the customers. And registration took a minimum amount of time.. There was one hotel concierge dedicated to us, he took all the time needed to explain the various areas of the resort as well as making the necessary restaurant reservations for us..

Rooms:
We had two different rooms one Junior Suite and one Luxus suite. Both had a balcony and were prett< large rooms. The suites had all the facilities one can expect and to our surpirse the suites had an inside private Jacuzzi..
One minor point maybe that the furnitures is starting to "sit through" the hotel management needs to pay attention that is will not detoriate.

Amenities: included everything you may expect from a 5-star class hotel.

Swimming Pool:
The hotel has a very large swimming pool, with an very nice and the unforgettable barman "Ramon Fuego"

Restaurants
Breakfast - the buffet breakfast offers an overwhelming choice of bread, pastries, fruits, warm and cold dishes , all freshly cooked and all kinds of cut fruits. The buffet also had a choice of the typical American buffer, Englsih, Continental and Dominican breakfast dishes and obviously your choice of omelettes.

There is one buffet restaurants - which also offers an overwhelming choice of warm food and salads, the food we tried was all good quality and tasty.

The Buffet Restaura. There are several a la carte restaurants offering a small choice of dishes, all of them well prepared and very quickly served..
The house-wine iare a very simple Spanish or French wine and the hotel's choice of house-wines will definitetely need to be improved. Better wines are availble but cost $$$

Activities and Entertainment
Through the day activities, like dancing lessons, wine tasting, sushi making and evening entertainment like Dinner Circus show, Michael Jackson Show, 80s Rettro diso, take place every day and evening.

Bar and Lounge:
There is a vary large lobby bar and allows for cigar smoking, a wide choice of cocktails is available

Annoyances: they will be trying to sell that Melia Club Time Sharing, which takes about 90 minutes of your time but includes an a la carte breakfast and a dinner in the Gabi Beach a-la carte restaurant.

Palma Real is the perfect hotel for a calm, relaxing time at the beach and/or swimming pool

Room Tip: We had two suites, a junior suites and a deluxe suite. If you are looking for a separate bed-room, y...
2  Thank vinylmeister
Reviewed 23 September 2011

To those that want to goto Paradise go visit Paradisus Palma Real in DR. The hotel and resturants are great. I have heard complaints that staff ignores people, but honestly that is every hotel unless you are Donald Trump. I would definately go and check out SMVC, my wife and I purchased one. We bought it 2 years ago and almost got back 50% by taking vacations and RCI trade in to Disney and Europe.

Room Tip: We always get the 1 Bedroom Master Suite - you get seperate bedroom, living room, dining room, and f...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I have been in the travel industry for 22 years and this was the WORSE place I have stayed in this place doesn't believe in customer service it does not exist. I got to the hotel little did i know there was a group of over 200 checking out. I arrived at 2:45pm for a 3pm check in I got my keyes to my room at 5:45pm got to the room got a room with a sofa bed. I stayed in the room since i didnt want to go back to reception and wait again. Went down for dinner at one of the restaurants (Asian) food was bad ended up going to the buffet which wasnt bad food is cold however. The waiters come to your table after 15 minutes to ask you what you would like a drink. After that I would just go to the bar and get my own drink since the waiters would either take long, forget or bring the wrong drink. mind you I would ask them in spanish so, they understood.
I always feel one should give everyone a chance but this place is RIDICULOUS no customer service i asked for the manager the first day I left and never saw the manager. The only thing this hotel has is its architecture nothing else. Its very dark they dont turn on the lights in the hall. Someone is getting a very good cutback cause this hotel is a self service hotel. Nothing works,it's overpriced and their is not one bit of customer service. GO ELSEWHERE. I guess that the persons that say this hotel is good must travel very little and has not gone to many hotels. I can't say all of the CONS to this hotel cause there is not enough space. And there are no PROS.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank maria g
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Beautiful beautiful, all so beautiful... Felt like a princess. Great suite, Gorgeous pool, not too crowed, great beach and loved the spa ! The only thing that wasn't top draw was the food in specialty restaurants. French and italian were ok, Thai was awful. Great selection at buffet.

Room Tip: Go fro the swim up room.....ahhhh.
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Our stay was absolutely wonderful-even in hurricane season! The grounds were incredible and our room was extremely nice even though we got the basic package. You need to go see Louis and Ramon at the main pool. Our stay wouldn't have been the same without their cheerful faces greeting us with drinks every day.

Bana was one of our favorites. I beileve the bartenders name was Carlos-his signature drink was to die for! He would also entertain us by flipping the bottles and creating different concoctions for us.

The food was to die for. I would have never expected to be able to eat like that at an all inclusive resort. Needless to say, I left 10 pounds heavier.

I would HIGHLY recommend this resort to couples. If you're a family, you probably want to stay at the Reserve, as they have the kiddy pool and kids club on that side. For us, the regular hotel was perfect.

Thank you! ~Kylene and Matthew Pippin