“One of the Best Hotels in Punta Cana”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #17 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Very nice place, magnificent entrance, lobby and ocean view from front desk. It's an upscale facility. Restaurants a la carte wonderful (try the Asian food at the Bana complex), buffet at main restaurant average. Beach service very good with a waitress serving drinks. Nice chairs, towels and setting at the beach. Royal service (pay extra) is better but not sure worth the extra cost.
SPA experience a must with ecological cabanas over a small lake where you receive the massage, single or couples and the water treatment at the SPA ( included in your massage) is a wonderful experience.
Will return.

Room Tip: Preferred the 3rd floor and try the ocean view or front gardens.
1  Thank Fechavo
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear guest,

I greatly appreciate your comments about our facilities and gastronomy. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

I look forward to welcome you in the near future at this your second home.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Once we moved from The Reserve to the Royal service area of the resort! We wanted to be nearer the beach. At the Reserve section you need to take a golf cart to the beach-it's a haul.
Had a great "butler" who took care of everyting for us from dinner reservations to finding super glue to fix my husbands's Tevas!! His name is Carlos A. de la Cruz. He was terrific! Ask to be assigned to him! All the restaurants (except buffets) required advance reservations-a couple are casual, some are a little dressier, which I found a little annoying-not that I'd go as a slob, but you don't always feel like dressing up on vacation. There were a couple of occasions at the buffets where we were seated, but then it took awhile to be acknowledged by a waiter and brought drinks before we hit the buffet. It took a little work to get a vegetarian meal put together from the offerings at a couple of the a la carte restaraunts, but fortunately my husband is fluent in spanish and helped work our way through it. The few times that we needed maintence help they were there within 15 minutes, took care of the problem and even got a follow up phone call to check on their service. Wilkins at the Sunset bar was a standout! Very attentive. Went Zip lining with Canopy Tours-it was an excellent! I was pretty nervous, and their attention to safety and making sure we all knew what we were doing put me at ease. It was a LONG drive up into the mountains to get to the lines, though. They said 45 minutes-I say double that! The roads into the mts. were awful! But once there-safe fun! I had a very good massage at the Spa onsite.

Don't know what the naysayers are talking about, but I will say that we saw a lot of very rude folks who were snapping their fingers, shouting at the workers, rolling their eyes, etc. A few 'por favors, gracias-s", and smiles go a long way to getting good service!!

2  Thank DeeDeeNH

Dear gest,

I greatly appreciate your valuable comments towards our Royal Service. It is a pleasure for me to learn that we fulfilled your expectations thanks to the effort and dedication of Carlos de La Cruz. I assure you that all your observations were taken with the utmost importance since it is the only way that we can achieve the constant improvement that we strive for.

Thank you for extending us your experience and I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you soon at your home ¨away from home¨, Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

My wife and I are members of the Melia Vacation Club and this is the 3rd time we've been to Palma Real since we like it better than the other two which we also visited a few years back, they treat you well in general when at restaurants, etc but like the other reviews I've read, there's a gap when it comes to service and you don't speak spanish. I'm at the Reserve this time around, without going into the prices, I think it's a pretty great place for couples. The misses so far on the first day: 1. I asked for a time and place for mass from reception and they said they'd call back... I guess maybe I'll get an answer on Monday when Sunday is over. 2. I'm here with my wife, they get us a room with 2 beds which were single/flat beds, when asked if they had rooms with a King or Queen bed which my wife asked, they said they don't have "single bed" rooms at the Reserve, really? So we were expected to stay at a really expensive place and end up falling off the bed because the bed is too small because instead of a nice big one we get two small ones? To fix it, they joined the two, so now there's a hard section in the middle, yes that really helps guys... 3. We got an email a few days ago asking what they can do for us, we replied back asking for a reservation for a particular popular restaurant since we already know from experience that the first day, you always miss reservations to popular restaurants especially if you arrive after 12PM. Got here and guess what? No reservation and the person who asked "if there's anything we can do for you?" wasn't around, so our reply email was probably not even read, but if it were read then there's a much bigger issue here. If you cannot commit, don't ask, OK? Again, a great place for couples, try to hit all the restaurants, don't expect too much on service, just do your own thing if you can. Make reservations for each night clear, this is from past experience. There's still a lot of days left on this trip, I still think it's the best resort at Punta Cana, but as a member and price anyone who is not pays, I expect more, we'll see if things improve. Till the next review.

Room Tip: If you love the beach and want to be there a few steps from your door, don't go to the Reserve...
2  Thank AKA_Hiram_Abif
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The resort was beautiful. It is large and you will do a lot of walking. The room was very nice and stocked with beer and non-alcoholic beverages daily. The pool was very large and beautiful. The beach had plenty of lounge chairs and huts to get out of the sun and great to walk or run on to catch the sunrise. There are a variety of restaurants available, including the buffet (which had a pretty good selection of foods at all meals). There are also 3 Asian, 1 Mediteranean, and a steakhouse, all included in your resort cost. There are a variety of non-motorized "toys" available on site as well as tennis and golf. There are also excursions available offsite. Our personal concierge, Alvaro Costillo, was available daily and really helped us find our way around and maximize everything the resort had to offer, including making our dinner, golf & tennis reservations as well as referring us to an excursion expert that was contracted with the resort. We enjoyed it all and would go back again.

4  Thank BKJ28

Dear guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience.

At the Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

Once again, thank you for share your impressions and we await you soon at your ¨home away from home¨ Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I just came back from a week of relaxing time with verynice wheather, the resort is nice and super clean, pool is spectacular, the beach is great( clear water ), the staff is very helpful and friendly especially RAMON FUEGO,VICTOR and GLORIA at the pool.......this guys are incredible!...........Another person is IRIS at the coffe station. They make your stay like no place on earth.

1  Thank jerry l

Dear Jerry,

I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience as well as for letting us know that you had a memorable stay with us.

I truly appreciate your compliments towards Ramon, Victor, Gloria and Iris, since is thanks to staff members like them that we are able to accomplish our goal-the total satisfaction of our guests.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you again at this your second home, Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 10 days in mid March 2012. Our personal concierge, Edgar Gonzalas, met us daily to see what we might need to make our trip enjoyable. He made all of our daily dinner reservations so that we were able to make the most of the dining options at the resort. He was there to address our every need. Not much to do outside of the resort, but that was just fine for us, we wanted to relax and that's exactly what we did. The resort is very nice and clean. All of the staff were very pleasant and went the extra mile. The buffet manager, Mario, was also very accomodating and wanted to make sure we were satisfied with all of our meals. Ramon at the pool made us laugh everyday. Would go back today if I could.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VCrook

Dear guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our staff, specially to Edgar Gonzales as well as Mario and Ramón . It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests. I will gladly pass on your compliments to each you have mentioned.

I look forward to hosting you again in the nearest future at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Resort is beautiful ,staff is very friendly . There is one guy at the main pool that makes your day more enjoyable his name is Ramon "Fuego" .

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Jesus,

I would like to extend my gratitude for taking the time to air you impressions regarding your recent experience at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

I really appreciate your comments about the service provided by Ramon, as it is due to his effort and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

Once more, thank you for share your impressions and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.