Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
NH Punta Cana(Punta Cana)
11,862 results
All reviewsroyal servicemarket grillthe reservegabi beachfrancisco cabrerapalazzo restaurantdinner reservationsleonardo motasunset barnaos buffetblue agaveyhi spaavenue barchocolate covered strawberriespersonal butlerbali bedsbutler service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I did quite a bit of research for hotels in the area and was pleased with this one. Wait staff was amazing and prompt. I chose the Royal Service as well. Manuel booked all of our dinner reservations and got a rep to book our excursions. I am not hard to please, so I dont hassle anyone for anything. Our butler did his job and I was grateful. Other Royal service staff such as Ibani were professional and most helpful. Liked all of the food, drinks and entertainment!!!! Room was great as well. Loved every minute, will return!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Guest,

It is an honor to hear that we have met your expectations and that our Royal Service was what you were looking for.

I am delighted to hear about your satisfaction on this trip and I am also delighted to know that my staff went above and beyond to make sure you were completely satisfied.

We cannot wait to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Our room was clean and cool, maid service was excellent, meals were outstanding. I would stay here again if I ever came back.Weather was excellent, nightly shows were for the most part good. The start times for shows need improvement. they had some companies sales meeting going on at the same time , so it was a little crowded. Overall it was a good experience. Staff was OUTSTANDING! I have never been to a place where the staff was so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: bring one dollar bills for tipping
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stanbane
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort the place to spend your recent holidays as well as for sharing your experience with future travelers.

I appreciate to hear that despite the situations you described, you have had an enjoyable stay thanks to the kindness and attentiveness of our staff.

You can rest assured that I took a good note of your observations and we hope to have the opportunity to hosting you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

my 3rd visit to Dominican republic, amazing hotel, great food, great room, delayed service and no service for regular customers that paid $$$, unless you upgrade to royal service $$$$$$$$$$$$$ then you would get butler service, that means you get some real drinks and have 1/2 hour better service !!! Regular service 1 hour, butler service ½ hour!!

This hotel didn't have any entertainment unless you want to spend money on their other services. Paid services...
Their credit on services just scam to get you spend $100'ds of dollars

Their branded drinks were fake!!!

Their service on the beach didn't exist.... at the pool they had amazing bar that was providing good cold drinks.... no premium service

At the beach there was no service!!

The water was rich with grass and the free water sport was not available since there were too many winds but if you paid everything was available!!!

This place is for rich suckers that never been anywhere else!!!

Their luxuries shops where more expensive then 5th avenue and felt like getting rape anytime you had to buy something. $30 usd for things that would buy for $3 usd on regular stores

Majority of people in the resort were either there because they had their mistresses there or didn't know better.

All the restaurants where fully booked, make sure you book them 3 month before you book your vacation however If you walk in at night and pay then you get table right away!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to share your experience about your recent stay at our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

We are fully aware that our guests are our most important asset, indeed the centre of our activities and towards whom we addressed our constant efforts, aiming to provide each and every one of them with a fully enjoyable stay and I sincerely apologize for the fact that we do not appear to have succeeded on this occasion.

At Meliá Hotel’s International we believe that it is only by listening carefully the comments and observations of our customers that we will achieve the constant improvement and guest’s satisfaction that we strive for.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Let me start out by saying that I am a US Travel Agent and have been to several All inclusive resorts. Wanting a little more pampering My friends and I opted for the Royal Service. Notifying the resort prior to our arrival that I was in fact a Travel Agent, was most confident that I would be treated well. When we arrived it seems as though we were not on the hotel manifest to arrive, but after showing my confirmation to the front desk they quickly transferred us to our personal check in that I have to say was very nice. They greeted us with fresh cold towels and champagne. There we met our Butler, Carmen. She seemed very professional. We were only staying 3 nights at this hotel and then moving over to another hotel to get a different perspective of the islands resorts. After much research prior to our arrival, we all knew exactly what restaurants and times we wanted as well as a Golf day and Scuba diving. They give you a cell phone to keep in contact with your butler, We had given here all the information, and it seemed as though we would have to always try to get ahold of her, she never once called us on our phone. We would have to ask the Royal service Bartender to see if she had been able to confirm anything. She did finally come out to the beach where we were most of the time for the 3 days. She then gave us our restaurant reservations at 4PM for 7:30pm reservations, she even went as far to take our for breakfast room service on the morning that we had scheduled Golf/ and Scuba, but no breakfast ever showed up. We waited as long as we could and had to rush to catch our shuttles. Unfortunately we arrived in the lobby minutes after the scheduled shuttle to the Cocotol Golf course departed. We were unaware of the scheduled times (hourly) , as we were not told. The bellman worked fast and got us to the Course just a little late. I had read several reviews prior to our arrival was confident that the Butler service was the way to go. Don't know if I would suggest it to my clients. The Advance reservations was nice, but that was about it!. The Palazzo restaurant was great, as well as the Mediterranean, and Japanese and Gabi beach. Rooms were great and stayed very cold. Service was impeccable as far as Bartenders and wait staff. We received great beach service from Francisco! The Spa experience was wonderful and would highly recommend the Spa at the Reserve.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelagentviews
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice and sincere review of our property. I really appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us and future travelers to our destination.

I am glad to learn you enjoyed our services and facilities in general. However, I regret that our Royal Service did not meet your expectations. I assure you that appropriate measures have been taken.

I hope the situation described does not deter you from coming back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Let me start by saying that this was a business trip and unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to take advantage of all the benefits of being a "Royal" guest. However, my family joined me afterwards and we moved to The Reseve, but I will provide a separate review for that. Only one comment, if you are coming with your family and can afford the upgrade, The Reserve if the right option for you. This is a hotel within the hotel...

Basically, this hotel is located within a very large property that is subdivided into three areas. The regular hotel, the royal service and the reserve. The benefit of staying in the royal area is the fact that you have a butler, exclusive access to some of the restaurants, some of the offerings in the SPA and the best drinks (a few exclusions). Unfortunately being on a business trip I was not able to take advantage of all the services, but it was certainly a nice experience.

The restaurants that offered a buffet were okay. They offered good food, but I have had better experiences at other all inclusive hotels. On the other hand, the a la-carte restaurants were awesome. I did not go to the Passion, a restaurant you need to pay $50 per person, but other people in the group did and liked it a lot. The interesting thing is that reading about the Michelin rating, I learned that it goes from 1 to 3 stars, but they claim this restaurant to e 7-star. How can that be?

My butler was okay. He claims to be from New York, which he is clearly not and it almost too force. It is all about how great he is, etc, but as I said earlier, I did not take advance of his services and cannot fairly rate it. I just wished he had been a little more customer focused and less about him and him knowing it all...

The only draw back that is hard to ignore at this hotel is the very poor wireless internet connection. I know this is a vacation resort, but these days a quality internet access is a must have. In our case, we needed it for the business meeting and it did not go all.

Other than that, everything was great. All other issues were minor and nothing to be concerned about.

I would certainly recommend the royal service if you can afford it, but it is for adults only. If you have kids, you will need to go to the "regular" hotel or the reserve. Look for my review on The Reserve portion.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cgomide

Dear Guest,

Your kind and valuable words left me speechless as there is not greater satisfaction than learning that all your expectations were exceeded. Thank you for preferring Paradisus Palma Real and we await you soon for a next great vacation.

Regarding to our Passion restaurant, Chef Martin Berasategui has 7 Michelin Star and he is the Spanish chef with most Michelin Stars. Those stars have been awarded to his four restaurants around Spain.

Best regards,