“Spring Vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Punta Cana
“Spring Vacation”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here 7 years ago and couldn't wait to come back. Overall still a very very good experience and just as beautiful as we remembered. The views were still spectacular and the rooms very nice. The food was very good. The pool staff was spectacular keeping us refreshed with island drinks to cool us down from the bright sunshine. Golf was not the bargain it was seven years ago (cart fee only for $24) but it was still reasonable. The only concern I had was trying to keep the bar/refrigerator in the room stocked. I had to ask the front desk two times during the week to have the refrigerator re-filled. If that is the only concern I had, it was a great vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Derrick S,

Thank you for selecting us one more time after seven years of your first visit. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay and have had a good experience at our property.

I truly appreciate your compliments to our services and facilities. I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies for not fulfilling your expectations regarding the room minibar. I assure you that the managers of the department involved have been informed of your particular concern and that appropriate measures will be taken not to repeat this situation in the future.

Thank you for extending us your valuables comments.

Our team will be more than glad to welcome you back in the near future.

Paradisus Resorts DR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,038)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 May 2014

There are two activity employees at the resort that I want to recognize, Francisco & Reyna. WOW!! They are amazing, they made my time there so memorable. The live entertainment was awesome, all of the employees were always willing to serve. The resort is beautiful, clean and so much fun. Amazing how every morning the whole resort was back in reset position and ready to be used to the fullest once again. All of the employees work so hard and should be appreciated and recognized. They are the ones that make the stay such a pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Joelia R,

It is an honor for me to know that you have had a wonderful stay at Paradisus Palma Real.

I am truly glad to know that you have appreciated the friendliness and dedication demonstrated by our staff, especially by Francisco and Reyna from the Activities department. We are aware that is thanks to our great team that we can achieve our goal, the total satisfaction of our guests.

I am looking forward to host your next stay in this paradise.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I used the business center for various meetings and other purposes during our annual sales convention and was impressed with the facilities and in particular with Omar Hernandez courteous and helpful approach. The facilities are excellent for business conventions, sales events and a perfect venue for family vacations. They have special areas for children and can make families traveling with children avoid most of the stress associated with travel. If you end up visiting the business center look up Omar Hernandez. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Juan F,

Thank you for having the confidence in selecting Paradisus Palma to celebrate your business convention meetings. As a service oriented company our objective is not only to achieve but also to surpass our guests’ expectation.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed our services and facilities. I truly appreciate your compliments to Omar Hernandez. You may rest assure that I took good notes of your observations.

I am looking forward to host your next stay in this paradise.

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Facility, food, service was beyond expectations. People were so friendly and wonderful. So much nicer than Mexico. Juan Castillo took care of everything without even asking. He had our bath ready for us with candles & fresh fruit. Housekeeping on it! Loved every minute there.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Lynn F,

It is an honor for me to read such a wonderful review about your experience at Paradisus Palma Real. As a service committed company our devoutness is to provide quality service level beyond our guests´ expectation.

I am glad to know that our facilities, food and service exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your compliments to the friendliness and dedication demonstrated by Juan Castillo. You may rest assured that I took a good notes of your observations.

Our team will be more than glad to welcome you back in the near future.

Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We recently visited Paradisus Palma Real Resort for our wedding on April 23, 2014. We were there for 11 days. We stayed in the Royal Service section of the resort. When we walked into the resort it has the most amazing view of the ocean. We were instantly greeted with mimosas while we were being checked into the resort. Everyone at the resort made our stay wonderful especially our butler Jose Salvador and our wedding coordinator Mariela Garcia. I couldn't have planned a more perfect place to be married. Everything went smoothly throughout the planning process and on the day of our wedding. I didn't have to worry about anything. We had both the wedding and the reception on the beach, which was breath taking. The food was amazing for an all inclusive resort. This was the first time that I stayed at an all inclusive and I was happy that I did my research prior to choosing a resort because we personally feel that we couldn't have chose a more perfect place.

We had a total of 18 people stay at the resort for the wedding. Half stayed on the royal service side and the other half stayed on the regular side. Both groups had an amazing time. The only downfall for the people who didn't stay in the royal service side was that they had to make their own dinner reservations; which most didn't mind. I really enjoyed having a butler because he made the trip more relaxing. I didn't have to plan any dinners, he even reserved cabanas near the pool and made us bubble baths multiple times.

The wedding was perfect. Mariela and the entire group of wedding coordinators went out of there way to make sure our wedding was perfect. It was exactly how I imagined being married on the beach. The decorations were amazing, along with the Caribbean trio, DJ, photographer Rodrigo, and the minister at the resort. I can't stop looking at all of my wedding pictures along the video. I just feel so lucky to have chose such an amazing resort. My husband is already talking of going back for our one year anniversary. I can't wait. This was definitely a trip of a lifetime. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Royal service
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amy P
Dear Amy P,

Thank you for having the confidence in selecting Paradisus Palma Real Resort for such special occasion, your wedding. We are aware that they are few important moments in life as a couple’s wedding, and I feel highly honored to have been trusted with yours.

I am more than glad to know that you had an unforgettable experience and that everything went out perfectly with your wedding. Thank you for your compliment to our staff, especially to Mariela Garcia and Jose Salvador. We are aware that is thanks to our great team that we can achieve our goal, the total satisfaction of our guests.

Our team will be more than glad to be part of your wedding anniversary next year.

Sincerely yours,

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My wife of 8 years planned my birthday trip at this fabolous resort. It was astonishing! I loved it! The Michael Jackson show was amazing =) the activities in the pool with Reyna and Angel. The entire staff has great personality; always smiling. The dancers, Reyna, Angel, Francisco, Magdona OMG great performance and amazing shows. The spinning class by instructor Wendy was a great workout, loved it. My wife and I are definitley going next years with friends =) thank you all. I had a great time on birthday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting Paradisus Palma Real as the perfect place to celebrate this special occasion, your birthday. As a service committed company our goal is not only to achieve but also to exceed our guests´ expectation.

I am more than glad to know that you have enjoyed our services, facilities and activities. I greatly appreciate your compliments to Reyna, Angel, Francisco, Macdonna and Wendy. I will gladly pass your comments to them.

Our team will be more than glad to welcome you and your wife back in this paradise.

Oxford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was our 2nd trip to Paradisus Resort, and both years have been great. I think the best part is the staff. The butler we had for our 2nd year in a row, Agustin Nuner was everything we could ask for. He is exceptional at his job and more importantly an very very nice man. I thank him for the TLC. I could not complain about any of the staff , all the restaurant staffs were professional , but the fun was in the one on one conversations and getting to know the individuals. 2 Young men who made our dinners fun were , Roberto at Aqua, (great baseball stories.) and Warner at Gabi Beach, ( What a personality!). We also had room service each morning for coffee, and Jonathan was terrific. The grounds are just beautiful and the beach staff amazing. We wanted for nothing. We did have the Royal Service package and it was worth it completely.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple