“GREAT place to stay.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
College Park, Georgia
“GREAT place to stay.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I just returned from this resort and it was a joyous experience that I will never forget. The service was great. Our concierge Franklin De La Cruz attended to our every need we never had to wonder about what to do, when to do, or how to do he guided us and helped us the entire time we were there. Literally every time we mentioned his name he appeared out of no where :-). The drinks, OMG the drinks were a dream. The nightly entertainment was exciting and fun. There was always something to do even though our room was clean and gorgeous we didn't want to stay there because there was so much to do.

We also had great dining experiences every day. The waiters were very friendly and on point. We never had to wait for our beverages to be refreshed those guys were there waiting hand and foot on us. Here are a few people to look for Edgad Dose, Luis (didn't get his last name but he works at the Market Grill) and Germain Davidson. The bartenders that you MUST see are Julio (he works in the bar thats out in the common area) and Liony Familia.

You get what you pay for and this place is definitely worth every dollar and dime.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Paradisus Palma Real to celebrate your vacation. It is a pleasure to learn that your experience has been of your complete satisfaction, which is our main goal.

Thank you for your compliments to our staff, beverages, night entertainment, rooms and service in general. It is a great satisfaction to learn that all the hard work and efforts of our staff has met its purpose, surpass your expectations. I truly appreciate your comments to the warmth and dedication demonstrated by Franklin De La Cruz, Edgar Dose, Luis, Germain Davidson, Julio and Liony Familia. I will gladly pass your comments to them.

We await you soon at your second home; Paradisus Palma Real.

Paradisus Resorts DR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,103)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montville, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel which is relatively close to the airport. After our bags were taken by the bellhops, we walked into the lobby to check in. The view from the lobby out to a large pool with the ocean behind it made me feel good about our choice. Bolivar Guzman was assigned to us and he familiarized us the resort. This was helpful because the resort is spread out and we needed some help in discovering the restaurants and beach area assigned to us. Each day he helped us make reservations at the restaurants at the hotel. The one restaurant with a surcharge served as a great end to our vacation and worth the extra money. For an all inclusive resort the food was very decent. Let me say again that all the staff and especially Mr Guzman, helped to make this a most stress free trip. I look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeffrey R,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing us and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay in our property. At Paradisus Palma Real we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of service excellence.

I feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by our staff, especially to Mr. Bolivar Guzman. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests. I will gladly pass on your compliments to him.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I hope to have the pleasure of hosting you for next vacation in this Paradise.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My best friend and I recently spent a week at the Palma Real and were treated like royalty daily on the beach by Francisco Cabrera. He ensured our chairs were beach side each morning with a table for our drinks and beach bag. He came to check on us twice and hour and seemed to bring us things before we had a chance to ask. He was amazing. Simple amazing. He made our trip one of the best experiences ever.
Our butler Jeuri was also top notch and made sure the great service continued after we got off the beach. He took care of our every need whether making dinner reservations or finding sunscreen when we ran out. He was our go to guy.
The beach was breathtaking. A wide endless beach of pure white sand. Quiet, well organized, and worth every penny. I would love to visit again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Tara B,

Thank you for choosing our Royal Service section of the hotel. I feel proud to know that you and your friend were treated like Royalty.

I am more than glad to know that Francisco Cabrera and Jeuri made your stay one of the best experiences you have ever had.

Our biggest satisfaction is to know that all your expectations were exceeded and that you will return in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2014

my name is Luis Garcia and i was at paradisus palma real on may 20th to the 22nd of 2014. beautiful wonderful place will go there again and again. I want to Thanks Oxnard for being such a great and helpful staff and make of paradisus palma Real a more fun place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jimmy G
Dear Luis Garcia,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about the beauty of our hotel.

Thank you for your comments to the great service you have received from Oxnard. I will gladly pass your compliments to him.

Once more, thank you for preferring Paradisus Palma Real and I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I just returned stayed at the Melia Paradisus Palma Real from June 2-June 6 and did not want to leave. Franklin De La Cruz, our concierge was AMAZING! He made sure that we had every thing that we needed upon arrival and attended to us throughout the duration of our stay. Make sure that ask for him.
Liony Familia is one of the best bartenders in the Lobby Bar; he mixed some of the BEST drinks and has a GREAT personality. Julio, I can't remember his last name but he is a bartender at the Red Lounge Bar on the bottom floor is an EXCELLENT bartender as well. We did not know what we wanted to drink, but he mixed us up a drink that we loved. He was extremely patient when we asked for more! Raphael gave us excellent service. He is located at the bar by the grab and go
If you are looking for excellent service in a beautiful location, PLEASE visit the Paradisus Palma Real. Luis who works at the Market Grill Restaurant was SO patient with us on our first night at the resort. He made sure that we were comfortable and had every thing that we needed. I am looking forward to coming back to this resort in the future.

The food at the resort ranged from average to good. The best food that I had was at the Bana Restaurant in the Hibachi area. Our chef was very entertaining and had a lot of personality. That was the best food that I had at the resort during my stay. The fried ice cream with red wine sauce was REALLY good. The breakfast was good. I like the fact they offered a wide variety of foods. I didn't like the salad dressings on the salad. It was kind of weird. The drinks at the resort are great thought. The best part about my experience was the impeccable service that I received!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I’d like to thank you for choosing Paradisus Palma Real. It is a pleasure to learn that your experience with us has been of your complete satisfaction which is our main goal. Our team works hard and put all our efforts in providing our guests with the best quality service possible, just as you deserve.

Once again I would like to thank you for your compliments on our service and staff, especially to Franklin De La Cruz, Liony Familia, Julio, Raphael and Luis. I will gladly pass your comments to each one of them.

We await you soon at your “home away from home” in Punta Cana, Paradisus Palma Real.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2014

this place is fantastic to relax and enjoy the sun and the ocean. The staff go above on beyond to make you feel at home and comfortable. Francisco at the Royal Service beach was always visiting us to make sure my wife and I were okay and to assist us with drink or snack. Ramon Fuego from the Market Grill bar is great, although he is missed by the pool bar where he used to put drinks on his head and bring them to the guests. When you are away from home it is nice to feel that the place you are staying makes you feel like at home. I have to say we did not want to leave the beach area because Francisco pampered us so we can relax. Melia Palma Real is doing a good job on training the staff who face the guests.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Iris J,

Thank you for visiting us one more time. For us, it is always a pleasure to receive frequent guests; it feels like having your family at the property! Thank you a lot for being an assiduous guest of Paradisus Palma Real.

I am glad to know that we were able to make you feel pampered, this is our main goal. I truly appreciate your compliments to the warmth and dedication demonstrated by Francisco Cabrera and Ramón fuego. We are that our great team plays a key role on the satisfaction of our guests.

Our team is already looking forward to welcome you at home away from home; Paradisus Palma Real.

Merrick, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for the perfect hotel to stay at in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic considering he had never been to the country before. We came across the Paradisus Palma Real and couldn't have been happier with our decision. From the courteous staff to the amazing food to the beautiful views, we would move here if it were possible. The grounds are extremely clean and the staff is attentive to any need that you have. Everything was so easy to find and do with the help of everyone there. Vladimir was INCREDIBLE and was such a help. He set us up in the most beautiful room and took care of anything that we needed. Our butler Yohel was amazing as well. If you are looking for a relaxing, beautiful vacation, this is the place to stay!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, pay the extra money to say in the royal service area. You will be provid...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple