My wife and I went here for our honeymoon in August. We stayed in the "members section" on my in-law's account. We planned to stay from Monday to Saturday, but then extended our trip two more days to leave the next Monday. We could have easily stayed another full week if we did not have things to do back in Boston.
The weather was excellent, the facilities were beautifully designed and maintained (except for one of the dining areas that was under construction and produced lots of noise from 9am to midnight), and the service was bar-none the best I have ever experienced. All of the staff was bilingual or trilingual (english and spanish, many had Hatian Creole, some had french or italian or russian). All of the staff greeted us with a smile and went out of their way to please us without ever asking for a tip. After a few days at the resort, most of the staff new us by face and name. Bar tenders like Ramón Fuego at the Sky Bar would greet me with a joyous exclamation- "Hey! My friend from Boston! How's your new wife? You want the usual?" and then would hand me the drink that I had intended to order. Mind-blowing. Even the gardeners that did not typically engage in customer service, were wonderful. Julio Ceciño Mejía. I swear, that man deserves a raise. One day, I ask him for a coconut. He gives me two. I drink the water, he swings by the pool, offers to split it for me and before I know it, I have two perfectly sliced coconuts with the meat shaved off neatly for me and my wife to eat. From then on, our pool days started with two freshly cut cocos. He was also a great conversationalist in a mix of French and Spanish. Very fun man. Joseph, over at the Cigar bar at Gabi Beach was also fascinating. He helped me figure out my purchases politely and then conversed with me for as long as I wanted on politics and education, and all sorts of fun topics. A very interesting, wholesome, and driven young man. A joy to talk to. Maria at the coffee station was also fantastic. She memorized my daily order after two days and greeted me with a smile every time. She even sent me off with a pack of vanilla flavored cigars that she has laying around because she knew I liked them. Michellet, Gabriel, and Junior at the pool bar were also fantastic people. Always smiling. Always going the extra mile to provide me with whatever my heart desired and all while making me laugh with pleasant conversation.
All in all, my experience at Paradisus Palma Real, was nothing short of amazing. I cannot wait to go again. I have never been that relaxed in my life. I was able to de-stress so much, that I returned to Boston with a drive and motivation to work at my graduate program that I had not experienced since I was first accepted to the university.
I wish I could fund a week long trip for everyone I know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Melia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana