I wanted to give a little background first.. We were here for a wedding and fortunately fell upon an amazing deal to stay at the 'reserve' vs the resort and it was cheaper than the wedding rates.. The rest of the group was at the big resort. We had an amazing time at the reserve.. Amazing rooms, we were in a Master 1bedroom concierge family suite, (fridge was stocked geared towards kids but it was just my husband and myself.. Sofia was amazing, we were given a radio to call her any time of the day or nite(no we did not use it at all).
The reserve was so calm and tranquil compared to the other resort, right up our alley.. I do have to say that the food was adequate at most. We ate sushi 1st nite (only reservation we could get that was not 10pm), and we ate the gabi beach club for dinner on our last nite and wedding food in the middle.. We ate breakfast at both places, i do have to say that breakfast was by far the best meal we had.. Freshly squeezed juices, mango, melon, bananna.. OMG sooo good!, and at the reserve a little bar of bloddy mary and mimosas. The cocktails were also very good and at the bar in the main lobby at the main resort they made pretty decent martini's.
Ok the bad.. This is coming from my friends experience being the bride and groom and staying at the main resort.. They totally messed up their wedding. Yes weather came into play, there was a horrendous thunderstorm, power was knocked out and it flooded the resort, the bottom floor rooms were 'evacuated' temporally to the bar in the main lobby.. The problem was that they signed a contract stating that they would be the only wedding that day and when it was time to shuffle things aroudn the weather there was no place to put us b/c 2 other weddings took up the ideal locations for the reception/cocktail hr.. We were put in the back conference room.. Us as guests did not realize this was not susposed to happen.. We had a super time but after talking to a devestated bride and groom we found out everything that gone wrong.. Including a live local band that only played for 30minutes that was susposed to play thru the cockail hr and 3hr reception. To make matters worse we brought the bride and groom to our room the last nite to see how great the reserve was and our wonderful concierge had our hot tub filled w/ bubbles, rose petals in the shape of heart in the bubbles, candles all over , a bottle of chilled champagne and roses all over our bed.. OMG amazing.. Well apparently our friends (bride and groom ) requested that for their wedding nite to the 'royal services ' concierge at the main resort and nothing was done or even acknowledged by an apology by their concierge.
We planned on coming back w/ our son but after all the problems our friends encountered I don't think that will happen.. I have a problem w/ a place that service is so all over the place and would not 'take care' of a bride and groom.
I would recommend the reserve to a friend but not the main resort!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana