Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
US$324
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$411
US$390
Excellence Resorts
US$231
US$196
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$340
US$255
  • Breakfast included
Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$253
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
US$437
US$428
Bookit.com
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$433
US$325
Melia.com
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$305
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$283
  • Breakfast included
Memories Splash Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$483
US$348
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
11,874 results
All reviewsroyal servicemarket grillthe reservegabi beachfrancisco cabrerapalazzo restaurantdinner reservationsleonardo motasunset barnaos buffetblue agaveyhi spaavenue barchocolate covered strawberriespersonal butlerbali bedsbutler service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We stayed at the reserve and the rooms were very nice and the grounds were always keep nice and clean. This is the only good thing I can say about this hotel. There is only three resturants on the reserve side of the hotel so you have to walk or take a golf cart. The walk is about 10 min. and we found that this sometimes was quicker than waiting for the golf cart. Every time we went to the beach their were so many people trying to sell us things. They are trying to get you different activities for cheaper than what it will cost you if you did this with the hotel. We went with the hotel because we did not trust the local people. The food was very bad. This is ny secound time at an all inclusive hotel and both time the food to me was not good enough to eat. The was also a problem with staff members trying to sell us timeshares which we did not want but no matter how many times we said know they would still try and push for a sell. We are on vacation and did not want people asking us to purchase thang we did not want. The last problem was they at check in they tried to put a hold on my credit card for $550.00 for a $12.00 internetn cord without tell me she was dung it for that high amount.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Stayed for a week and started getting sick to my stomach from the food by the 2nd day. The room, beach and pool were really nice but you can't enjoy if you are sick. Tried eating away from the resort and stomach seemed to recover some so must be in their food. My wife and I were with another couple and all of us got sick so wasn't a fluke. Spoke with some other guests who had been coming there for many years and they said the quality was getting downhill. The overall service was really bad. Most of the staff couldn't answer any of our questions. They were generally nice but did not seem to be trained or given information by management. The ala carte restaurants were impossible to reserve yet were always empty when we walked by at night (seemed like a scam). Steakhouse grill and others were not even open. Only place to eat was buffet and food was pretty much the same every day and bad. Actually, I could deal with bad but getting sick from it was the problem. This pace is trying to be upscale and delivers on the room, grounds and pool but falls flat on service and quality of food. I was very disappointed by my stay and would never go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I have stayed here twice - once in Royal Service, once in the Reserve. The Reserve is so much better (even though I enjoyed Royal Service also!)

The hotel is gorgeous and clean. They honestly treat you like kings and queens. The Reserve is more private and you have more options and luxuries. The gym at the Reserve is awesome, even better than the gym in the main hotel. Golf carts constantly go back and forth between the Reserve section and main hotel, it is only a minute drive so it is no big deal. The pools are the Reserve and the main hotel are all well kept, beautiful, and relaxing!

Communication is a slight problem, they mostly speak Spanish but all staff know some English so it works out. They do their best to understand and meet your needs!

My family thought all the food was excellent - there is a huge choice of restaurants to eat at, we enjoyed all of them!

The entertainment at night - a little cheesy but still enjoyable. I had to laugh at their 80's night with a DJ. Frank Sinatra, Righteous Brothers, and Donna Summer disco music did not happen in the 80's, but it was played and danced to anyways! The break-dancers at the Michael Jackson tribute were great, but other than that, the Michael Jackson show was real cheesy!

Three words of caution we learned from:

1. Do NOT let your concierge talk you into a "welcome breakfast" your first day. It is a sales gimmick to meet with salespeople on vacation packages. They tell you it lasts one hour and half - NO - it goes on much longer - in fact I had to politely end it short, it was taking up way too much time. Just tell your concierge "No thank you" and absolutely refuse!

2. Excursions - stay away from the horseback riding. I have done it twice, the first time was bad, the second time was terrible! The second one was the sunset ride, very poorly run, picked us up late. We were told it took 7 minutes to get there, it took close to an hour to arrive. The ride gets boring, the horses are underfeed and dirty. The worst part is waiting to leave. You are trapped in the woods getting eaten alive by mesquitos, it took 45 mintues for the pick up ride to come! We missed our dinner reservations, it was terrible! All other excursions were great!

3. When you check in, they put a little bracelet around you so staff know you are a guest and what accomodations you are entitled to. The first time in the Royal Service, I took my bracelet home as a souvenir, no big deal. This time at check in, all they said was - "If this becomes loose, come see us and we will put it back on you." They NEVER said anything about it must be returned at the end of the trip! So as our ride was waiting for us when we were leaving, they wanted our bracelets. My husband left his in the room in the trash, mine was packed away in the bottom of one of my suitcases, and my kids wasn't sure where theirs were. We were admantly told, "Any bracelet not returned there will be a $250.00 charge on your credit card for each one!" Thank God we were able to retrieve them all. I was upset and told them nobody ever told us this. So check-out ended on a bad note, but it all worked out at the end!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank TracyH-BeaverFalls
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Hotel was clean and I am a bit dirt phobic. The food was pretty good although not what we would have at a 5 star in dc but good overall. The Front Desk Supervisor Vera was very nice but our Concierge was Nasty after we told him we would not be interested in the time share information session. Also, they messed up our dinner reservations after it took several times for us to get through to make the reservations...we showed up for our reservation and the hotess told us in an unapologetic way that we were not on the list.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Just don't go. The worst all around. Been to a lot of all-inclusives and this by far is simply horrible. Bugs, mosquitoes, smelly "fancy" room, aweful stomach upsets, noone speaks English, flies everywhere. Negatives too numerous to mention. No entertainment at all - no beach aerobics, no nighttime shows, nothing to do. Service aweful.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family