“Little time”

US$65.00*
Half Day Snorkeling Catamaran Tour in Punta Cana
Ranked #16 of 98 things to do in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and Swim with Dolphins in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Dolphin Island Park is a business dedicated to creating moments of intense happiness for their visitors through a natural, friendly and safe interaction with dolphins, sea lions, sharks and stingrays. We are experts in creating the most memorable experiences with unique activities that bring you up close to these amazing aquatic animals. Our privileged location allows us to offer a one of a kind swimming opportunity in which you can interact with the animals in their natural habitat.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Even when my little boy enjoyed too much, the contact with dolphins is minimium and they banned your cameras only to sell the pics after.

1  Thank Pamela L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,887)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Awesome time swimming with dolphins. You don't get to ride them or anything they just do some tricks and you get to pet them and they "kiss" you on the cheek. But you're in the water and very close to them (within arms length). My wife loved this.

The stingrays and sharks are huge (one nurse shark is like 7 foot 300+ lbs). This was my favorite part. I highly doubt that anyone would let you get within 5 inches of the business end of a nurse shark in the USA. My wife almost accidentally kicked one that's how close you get. Thankfully the sharks weren't interested in the people at all.

If you're American or speak only English, you're going to have a hard time. There was only one guide who spoke anything resembling English and it was very hard to understand what he wanted us to do; I could tell that the trainers were getting aggravated at the language barrier.

Is it worth the money? If you've never done it before and you really want to do it, then yes. If you've already done something like this before, then look elsewhere.

1  Thank Matt O
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Dolphin time was great but the pool for the stingray etc. was too short and not big enough for all the people there.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

It was our first time swimming with dolphins and it was WONDERFUL. The travel time to the dolphin excursion is about 50 min from the Paradisus keeping in mind that the van makes stops along the way to pick up other customers. They have a bar where you can purchase fresh coconut water, liquor, etc. There is also a photographer on site that captures your pics while swimming with the dolphins that you can buy for a high price. You are not allowed to bring your own camera into the water.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Paid the $150 thinking we can "swim" with the dolphins like we had before in Mexico and didn't need to swim with two dolphins for the $200 price tag so we opted for the $150. Let me say that you don't get to actually swim with the dolphins. They have a large group line up and have the dolphin swim by while you reach out and touch it. You don't get to actually hold the dolphin and let it swim with you or get any one on one time with the dolphin. Don't get Scammed withy this company. The pictures at the end since we had a group of 4 was $90 for about 20 picture which only a few are actually taken at a good angle. Most of them had other people in them. Again I repeat this place is a rip off and you don't get what you should for $150 price tag. If I could get my money back I would.

1  Thank Cristian_c54