We travel to Caribbeans twice a year for some time and usually do not stay twice in the same resort. Here in Punta Cana we stayed In three different resorts: Paradiso Drand Bavaro, Iberostar Grand and Riu Palace. We like to try places to find new experiences and have some idea what is really the difference between the places besides the Dollar amount.
We would place Riu Place somewhere in the top of the list not only here in Punta but other places too. The resort is very well up-kept with small exceptions of leaky sealing in spots and the fact that during strong tropical rain water may flow through your room. I gave the resort 5 star anyways because of the service we found and the people on stuff. They took care of us like a family members in any situation we asked for help. Including free room upgrade not because of problems but because we have asked for a better view. We ended up on east wing second floor room with garden/ocean view right above theater. Close to restaurants and lobby, or any night entertainment. We liked the room, clean and smelled no mold. Nice bathroom and day time sofa, TV, in-room mini bar with all inclusive alcohol, fridge with sodas regularly replenished daily. Restaurants just like in all Palaces in other places. We knew exactly where they at, and what they would serve. Food was good as always in Rius. We've had no problems with any of it. Beach entertainment all they long hosted by boys and girls with a lots of humor and laughter. We played some games and won some trophies. It was a lots of fun and time went quickly. The only thing I have noticed that I was not enjoying completely was (no offense to anyone) kids. We are in 50s and like the grand kids but after being in four different places like this one we opt out ADULTS only for every other vacation we will go to and so far we like it better. Don't take this wrong way, but for some reason pools and restaurants are much calmer and believe it or not much cleaner.
In overall We rate this resort high and if you need to travel with children it is the place to go, in a week we are going to Riu Macao, just next to Palace, ADULTS ONLY. Will see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 40 km / 31 miles from Higuey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Intl. Airport Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana