Recently we went to the Riu Palace Punta Cana, on Friday November 29, 2013 at one thirty in the morning. A hotel employee, entered our room with a key and gained access while we were sleeping. I awoke to him suddenly and woke up my husband who then must have startled him.
My husband is a big intimidating man with lots of tattoos, approached this man and he claimed
he was sent from the front desk, he had no name tag on. Again there are no inside locks. (dead bolt or chain link) any one can gain access at anytime from the outside. Be extremely careful, do not use this resort chain. We informed the front desk, who said to us that there security has been compromised, and would look into this, we have not heard back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 40 km / 31 miles from Higuey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Intl. Airport Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, RIU Hotels and Resorts, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana