Despite what is shown for when I travelled, this is a trip I took with several friends in May 2012.
I travel quite a bit and this was my first trip to the Dominican Republic. The RIU Palace is a very large resort, which I like, with one of the most attractive beaches I have ever been to. This is saying a lot considering I do quite a few beach vacations. The pool is fantastic as is the swim-up bar which is situated with it's back to the beach. This makes for an easy transition if you want to go from the ocean to the pool, and the transitional area is absolutely beautiful with plenty of palm trees and places to relax. Just picturesque!
We were very impressed with our room, which included a safe (no extra charge) and a nice bar setup consisting of various liquors for you to help yourself to. This is above & beyond your typical all-inclusives that give you a few cheap beers in a small fridge with a few sodas. The service for anything else you needed was impeccable. The staff is eager to please and got us whatever we needed quite fast.
The food at this resort was just fine. We had no problems; however, we weren't expecting a great deal. I would put it a notch above typical all-inclusive buffets without a doubt. There was a great little restaurant near the pool area where shirts/shoes were not necessary. This is always appreciated!
There isn't a whole lot to explore on one's own outside the resort and I wouldn't recommend doing so. This is what the excursions are for. We did a great zip-line day trip that was certainly worth it. We also did one of the snorkeling trips via catamaran that was very enjoyable.
I would highly recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Holiday Gems and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana