The resort is very beautiful inside and out, beach is awesome and long...u can walk both ways for hours. The food is good and buffet has a big variety of dishes, salads, meats and desserts. All desserts, appetizers and salads are put out so beautiful on little personal plates and bites. The restaurants are hit and miss I guess...we didn't really like Brazilian, being to Brazilian restaurant in other resort this one was poor... This is our 5th day here so we are going to try Japanese tomorrow. Steak house was better in Riu Palace Cancun, we stayed there in January this year. Here the steak was good but lobsters were offal. Yesterday they had a special party in the steak house by the Beach and that was awesome, they had BBQ steaks, chicken, lamb, pork and lobsters- though lobsters were not good- they tasted overcooked and saggy...like a cotton ..horrible. All the meat was great on the other hand.... I don't know if they just don't know how to cook them or those lobsters are lame...shrimps same thing are way to soft and u can taste sand on ur teeth. I been to 3 other resorts in punta cana and never ate such a horrible shrimps and lobsters....for me it was a bummer as I really like them and was looking forward to eat them. Krystal we really liked and going back there today, we ordered lamb there and beef sirloin it was cooked great. The service is good everywhere. Staff are really trying to keep everything clean and beautiful. The room is being cleaned twice a day and the room is nice and specious. Get the room on 4th floor with view to inside pools and alley... Its most beautiful and u will be able to see ocean from side of balcony. The beach is clean and water is awesome. Drinks are strong. I would want to come back but I wish they would have better shrimps and lobsters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 40 km / 31 miles from Higuey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Intl. Airport Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), RIU Hotels and Resorts, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana