Lovely hotel. Friendly, helpful staff. Stayed from 22nd May for 2 weeks. My husband injured his foot on the 'decked ' beach area ( used for dance classes, yoga etc). Walking across same, barefoot (sand too HOT!!!) caught the sole of his foot on broken piece of wood. Ended up with 'splinter ' about 1inch/ 1and half inch imbedded in foot - OUCH!!!!! Required wheelchair to get to room and taxi to local clinic (Caribbean street). Doctor at clinic could not remove 'splinter'. Advised to go to Hospital in Bavaro, more taxis. Our Thomson rep ( Julian) was amazing, he organised taxi, then came to the clinic, then the hospital . So, so helpful, spoke to nurse and doctor on our behalf. They wanted to do X-ray, he managed to talk them out of it. They carried out medical procedure to remove same. Quoted 1700 dollars, after much discussion regarding antibiotics and unnecessary medication , bill was finally 1400 dollars! If the amazing Julian had not been there, who knows what we would have paid. Both staff at Clinic and Hospital spoke better English than our Spanish, but still struggled to understand each other.
Thomson Holidays have an amazing employee in Julian. Until the end of our holiday, he checked we were okay.
Hope to return to this hotel. Rooms are dated but very clean, our maid ( room 0108) so helpful
Food - travelled extensively - Mexico, Maldives, Cuba, Spain,France, Austria, Portugal, most of Europe - impressed with buffet - yes there is repetition, but never ate the same thing twice. A la carte restaurants - Italian - cold food. Krystal - ,lukewarm food. (Walked out)
Beach incredibly busy, water sports of every type available, helicopters flying overhead most of the day, lots of people walking to and fro.
Would still return to a well maintained, friendly hotel.
We did not drink from the 'in room' mini bar. Mentioned this to staff that we don't drink rum,gin,vodka or brandy, my husband drinks whisky. Next day, a bottle of Johnny Walker red lable in room,that's what I call customer service.
Go and try this hotel, you will not be sorry. Watch out for Adrian, Jasmine, De Paula and Victor and lots more friendly staff. ENJOY!!!!!!
If you travel with Thomson, you are in safe hands with the fantastic Julian.
carte restaurants - not impressed - Italian - cold food ( walked out) . Krystal - lukewarm food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 40 km / 31 miles from Higuey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Intl. Airport Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, RIU Hotels and Resorts, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana