I continue to believe these "wonderful" reviews are written by company employees. While there are many comments regarding the excessive expectations of American tourists, I think there is a global desire to be provided a safe environment if you are paying to stay in a resort. My mothers wheelchair was stolen the first night my family was there and no replacement was available. There was no attempt at prioritizing this robbery with the staff in fact they all but ignored me when I ran frantically to the front desk. I know it was an "inside" job as my family ran around the "resort" seconds after the wheelchair went missing to no avail. Looking in bushes,behind buildings etc. This can only mean the wheelchair went into a room. After this the staff would not issue a report for the insurance company so we could not be reimbursed and then they DID NOT HAVE A CHAIR TO LOAN US nor did they assist us in finding a local merchant who would rent us one. It was a nightmare and upon return home I contacted the company. No matter what anyone says, large American companies are at least a little concerned about this type of thing, perhaps because of potential bad press or litigation, however my attempts to contact the RIU company were in vain. It would be hard to rate anything other than this horrendous service as it was the focus of the trip but my impression was beach and pools areas were overcrowded. The food passable. The rooms OK but with rock hard beds. Not very clean; somewhat of a moldy smell but this often the case in the Caribbean. But truly the trip never went past the absolute poorest, almost non-existent customer service I have ever experienced. These "fantastic" reviews are, in my mind, quite questionable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana