Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
US$324
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$340
US$219
Melia.com
US$261
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$672
US$512
  • Pool
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$305
Orbitz.com
US$261
US$248
  • Breakfast included
Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$253
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
US$222
Elvoline
US$908
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
TRS Turquesa Hotel(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$263
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsla yolavilla managerbamboo restaurantthrough customsgolf cartsix sensesvip serviceecological reservebedroom villafresh water lagoonspunta espadainternational airportocean frontfour seasonsvip loungeprivate beachbaggage claim
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2009

This was meant as a dream vacation for us and our parents and Tortuga Bay delivered on everything it promised and more. From the incredible VIP arrival and departure treatment to the turndown service awaiting at the doorstep at the time of your dinner reservation. Everything was top-notch and A+++++. We traveled with a 5-year-old child and she was treated so well by the staff that she said to us upon returning home.."I miss Santiago", one of the waiters at the Bamboo restaurant. When medicine was required, it arrived at our doorstep within 30 minutes. We didn't even have to leave our villa! The Villa Managers are at your beck and call 24/7 and the choices and quality of the restaurants is incredible. Check out the brand new Playa Blanca. Such a great location and beautiful surroundings. Not to mention the petting zoo! The guide brought out each and every animal and placed it in my daughter's arms for photographs. She was in heaven!
We ate many breakfasts and lunches on our villa terrace and the room service was equally good as in the restaurant. The amenities in the room were amazing! The beach is gorgeous with white sand and turquoise waters. The only possible negative thing I can say is that there is hard/sharp coral on the ocean bottom, which makes it hard to walk without water booties.
We have been to Caneel Bay, Cap Juluca, Four Seasons Maui Wailea and other high end resorts and this beats all of them. We would go back in a heartbeat! You cannot go wrong with Tortuga Bay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Puntacana Resor... a, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

Dear Mr./Mrs. sweedies,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay at the Tortuga Bay. I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. We all look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2009

For my first visit of DR, I choose 2 "LHW" resorts to stay at. One is Paradisus Palma Real and the other is Tortuga Bay. And I must say that I love Tortuga Bay as much as I am disappointed with Paradisus (see my other review of Paradisus PR).
From the very first moment you step out of the plane the service provided by TB is of the top class. With the VIP Assistance, it takes me only 20 minutes to get out of the airport (including 15min waiting to get my luggages, but TB can't do anything about this). For comparison, a friend of mine who has visited Punta Cana several times told me that usually it takes an hour and half if you have to line up like every other tourists to go through security and custom. TB is able to provide this unique service because the Group who owns the Resort also owns the Punta Cana International Airport (yes, this is a private airport).
Upon arrival at the lobby house, we are greeted by our Villa Manager who immediately brings us to our suite. The suite is very spacious, well designed (by Oscar de la Renta) and has a somptuous vista over the beach and the ocean (I do recommend to book an ocean front villa). It is a real luxury to have a private beach just 10 steps in front of our villa. Almost nobody, powder sand, cristalline water, very nice weather, sunny but not too hot thanks to a very pleasant wind. If you are looking for calm and serenity at Punta Cana, this is definitely the place where to stay.
The pool is closed to the restaurant Bamboo. It is not very large but nice, considering that TB is rather a boutique hotel than a big resort. Bamboo is the only restaurant inside TB. It serves good foods (not excellent but better than other restaurants in the surrounding and much better than what I ate at Paradisus Palma Real), except for the disappointing Dominican night Buffet every Friday
As already said, the service at TB is up to the standard I expect in such a place (although I regret the absence of beachside service). During our stay, we are provided with a golf cart (which is very convenient and also fun to drive) and also a mobile to call the Villa Manager from anywhere at any time (quite a good idea).
What else to say about TB ? Well, simply one advise: if you ever come to Punta Cana, don't miss the Tortuga Bay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank lolongan

Dear Mr./Mrs. lolongan,

Reviewed 25 April 2009

My husband I traveled to Tortuga Bay the week of April 11th. It was our first time to the Dominican and after reading all of the fantastic reviews, we knew Tortuga Bay had to be the place.

As others have stated, the VIP airport service is amazing. Prior to experiencing I had wondered if other reviewers were blowing this out of proportion (I mean how good can the airport pickup/ drop-off service be?) But let me tell you... it was amazing, and definitely something every traveler should experience once in their lives- particularly on the return.

Our room (a one bedroom ocean view suite) was gorgeous. It was clean, spacious, and we loved being able to open all of the doors and window and have a view of the ocean right from our bed. There is always a beautiful breeze in Punta Cana, so the fresh air was always welcome.

This is definitely a quiet, secluded place. The beach was serene and well kept, and you never felt over crowded.

I'd say I our only major disappointment was the food. We had expected the meals would be quite pricey based on other reviewers, and believe me, we have no problem spending good money on a good meal. But after 2 bad dinners in a row- each at this price point, it really set the tone for what we would come to expect from other meals.

The first night we dined at Bamboo for the "Dominican themed buffet." We just didn't feel the food was very good, and at $50/ pp, definitely not worthwhile for us. The 2nd night we chose to dine at La Yola. I had read many positive reviews so I had high expectations. The restaurant itself was beautiful, but again the food was a big disappointment. I ordered a pretty basic shrimp trio dish (how can you really screw up shrimp?) Well, the battered coconut shrimp was undercooked (golden brown on the outside, gray on the inside.) When we explained this to our waiter, he didn't offer to get me something else, nor did he remove the charge from the bill. Given the language barrier, we decided not to make a fuss about it- but we were thoroughly disappointed, mainly by the poor service for what had been billed as such an upscale restaurant.

We did have room service one evening and I thought that was very good. I had a pasta dish and salad. We also enjoyed a few meals at the poolside pizza restaurant in the Punta Cana Resort. The pizza wasn't amazing, but it was decent and certainly more affordable.

We did visit the Six Senses spa one day and it was amazing- the most beautiful spa I've ever seen. Very relaxing and well worth the trip. The pool at the spa is also nicer than at Tortuga, the only disappointment there was not have lounge chairs that lay flat for tanning your backside.

All and all if was a very relaxing vacation and we're glad to have experienced it. But for the price, I think we'd opt to try something else next time around. For us access to good food is an essential part of our vacation experience and this was just disappointing all around.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Julez4you
Puntacana Resor... a, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Dear Mr./Mrs. Julez4you,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments about your stay at Tortuga Bay. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced at Tortuga Bay. At the same time, you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist at Tortuga Bay and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.

It is my hope that you give us another chance to better serve you in the near future

Reviewed 20 April 2009

Amazing site, service and experience... white sand beach with top of the line service.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr./Mrs. tortuga12345,

Reviewed 17 April 2009

This is one of the best vacations I have ever been on... I went with my mother for 5 days. We got two spa treatments each which were great. The amenities were top of the line.. and the beach is truly beautiful. The vistas from the rooms are magnificent... you feel stress just melt away by being there. The food was good (not excellent) and expensive but we still had a wonderful time and would return in a heartbeat. The best was riding around in our own personal golf cart!

Actually, come to think of it, even better is the social commitment the owners of the property (Julio Iglesias and Oscar de la Renta are two of them) have made to giving back to the local community by building churches and schools... the book about the property in our room had a foreword from Bill Clinton commending their endeavors and stating he hopes other resort complexes follow suit...

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business