“Excellent, luxury, relaxing, restaurant, intimate, service, unforgettable, confortable”

Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
Ranked #1 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Madrid
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Very best top level resort. Excellent facilities and restaurants. Best service and attention in Villas. The best airport arrival service and very pleasant confortable check in and out

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Puntacana Resor... a, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, 2 March 2016
Dear Mr./Mrs. CHOLUCO,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay at the Tortuga Bay. I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. We all look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future.

Cel. (829) 797-1121

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed 7 April 2010

The service was superb, the rooms were spectacular, a perfect vacation

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Dear Mr./Mrs. mbncaldera,

New York City
Reviewed 30 March 2010

This is a marvelous small hotel composed of villas at discrete distance from one another. The rooms are utterly elegant, large, private, quiet. Impeccable bed and bath linens. No detail is overlooked. Bathrooms are the height of luxury. Service is polite, thorough, responsive. Food delicious with various restaurant choices within reach. Spa and golf and beach all perfect. Drivers available for longer excursions.
Perfect for honeymoon or any other getaway. Most guests are adult.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Mrs. YulianaNewYorkCity,

Reviewed 12 March 2010

I was very disappointed with the recent vacation that I took to Tortuga Bay. Maybe my expectations were high because I've been to many wonderful places the world over. This includes Las Ventanas (Los Cabos), Mayakoba(Mayan Riviera), Banyan Tree and Four Seasons in the Maldives, many Ritz carltons and Oriental brand hotels and resorts. But there are no excusses when A hotel pretends to be in this class like Tortuga does.
First of all the VIP pickup they talk about is done by every other hotel I mentioned to some extent. My family and I were met by the hotel rep who did not lift a finger to help my 4 children (2,6,7,9) my wife and I with our carry on bags or car seats etc. There was no golf cart. We walked very far to get to the LUXURY MINIVAN without the sufficient number of seatbelts for my family. I was picked up in Cadillac Escalades, GMC Yukon Denalis at other resorts and they actually helped me with my carryon bags.
Upon arrival tithe propery,which is pretty, I was given a 3300 sq ft villa all the way at the end of the beach that overlooked a busy golfcart path and a golf hole with only partial view of the beach. I paid for a beachfront 2 bedroom 3300 sq ft Villa. I complained that I paid for a beachfront one but was told that that's what I had . Terrible treatment to start. I was told that in 3 days I can get one more centrally located. No discount on the terrible location to start the trip. My children and family were very disappointed. They did move us two days later but tried to give me a smaller suite. It would have been cramped with 6 people. I complained and they finally said I can get what I originally booked. BEACHFRONT 2BEDROOM 3300 SQ FT VILLA. Again great treatment from a FIVE STAR RESORT. I've had better treatment at convention hotels with 400 rooms.
The food was adequate at best. Especially for children. The service was slow at Bamboo. Expensive and bland also. We were turned away when my family and I tried to just walk in to Bamboo another night. Again. SERVICE!!!! We resorted to room service the rest of the vacation except for leaving the hotel for dinner twice in hopes for better service.
The drink and food service at the beach was terrible. In order to get a drink I had to call the Villa Butler on my villa cell phone and ask him to get me a waiter at the beach who would come 20 minutes later and drinks would come 30 minutes after that. This is terrible service at best. Our villa butler was very nice and sometimes helpful but most times wasn't around when we needed him or her. We asked for a family DVD one night and after making a few sellections from the list he furnished me, I was told no DVDs were available after I called back twice three hours later.
In conclusion, I must say that I wouldn't reccomend this resort to others in the future unless they revamped the management and the person incharge of personal service. It's a shame because the property,beach, and villas are beautiful.

• Stayed March 2010
12 Thank Zzzdoc
Dear Mr./Mrs. Zzzdoc,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments about your stay at Tortuga Bay. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced at Tortuga Bay. At the same time, you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist at Tortuga Bay and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.

It is my hope that you give us another chance to better serve you in the near future

Tappan, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2010

This is our second year in a row going to Tortuga Bay and it was just as enjoyable the second time around! We were remembered and greeted like we were being welcomed back home! There isn't anything that this private getaway has missed and if there is something you need that they don't have.....they will be sure to get it for you! Last year my boyfriend forgot his charger for his phone and our villa manager (whom you can reach by a cell phone that they give you at anytime) went to the mall himself and got one for him. The rooms are bright, airy and romantic and the setting is absolutely breathtaking! The beach is for Tortuga Bay guests only and is beautiful! The restaurants on the property are wonderful.....especially La Yola and breakfast at Tortuga Bay's Bamboo Restaurant with their amazing waitstaff and food is a great way to start the day! We also had one of the best couples massages outside on the beach we have ever had at their Six Sense Spa! There are plenty of activities to choice from from golf to horseback riding, and another great advantage is at the airport, you are taken right through customs and right out into a van and in about 10 minutes from there you are at the hotel where check in is already done for you and you are taken right to your room. On the way back home, you get the same treatment.....someone walks you through customs, etc. then they take you to a private airconditioned lounge with food and drinks where you wait for your plane. So if you are looking for a special getaway in the Caribbean.....this one is the one for you.....YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

2 Thank KimberlyandEric
Dear Mr. and Mrs. KimberlyandEric,

Chicago
Reviewed 8 March 2010

We have had the opportunity to stay at many fine resorts around the world and Tortuga Bay far exceeded our expectations. It was very difficult to leave the hotel and more importantly its employees. They truly want you to have a good vacation and do whatever it takes to meet that goal. We will go back many times, the good lord willing.

Dear Mr./Mrs. ChicagoGeorgiaGirl59,

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 22 February 2010

This is a wonderful, small hotel where the service is excellent and the guests feel as if they are staying at their own private home. Well decorated, very convenient to the airport, well appointment, excellent food, especially a the new Playa Blanca. Can't wait to return!

Dear Mr./Mrs. fanpuntacana,