“There is no place better in the Caribbean - beaches...people...peace”

Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
Ranked #15 of 113 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Frank Rainieri, Ted Kheel, Oscar de la Renta, and Julio Iglesias have created a Caribbean paradise at the PuntaCana Resort and Club. Tortuga Bay is one of the boutique hotels within the resort that has become our favorite destination in the Caribbean. The general manager of Tortuga Bay, Vincenzo Calcerano, has assembled and trained the very best hospitality team my wife and I have ever encountered. Besides being totally professional and competent in their respective jobs, they are warm and go to extreme measures to make us and all their guests feel welcome, pampered, and relaxed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulnezi
Puntacana Resor... a, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Dear Mr. paulnezi,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay at the Tortuga Bay. I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. We all look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2010

If you are looking for a place that is high on relaxation and privacy, this is where you need to be. Tortuga Bay in May (off season) was incredibly quiet - almost as if we had our own private beach. The facilities are well designed and the property is beautiful. However it is the staff that really makes such a difference! From the moment we arrived in Punta Cana - we were looked after. The airport experience is really "wow" both coming and leaving. And waking each morning to have our breakfast laid out for us on our balcony table was such a treat. There is also a wonderful ecological reserve where you can visit a huge organic vegetable and fruit garden where many of the on property restaurants use what is grown.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends

Dear Mr./Mrs. WhereShouldWeGoNow,

Reviewed 11 May 2010

negatives:
-lighting in the bathroom is too dim...
-gym is lacking in equipment and unnattractive mechanical is visible through the window as well as behind hot tub........
-beach attendant does not prepare chaise lounge with towel etc....
-must got to Punta Cana hotel to play tennis....would be better if Tortuga Bay had two courts of their own as the Punta Cana hotel in not on the same level aesthetically and it is a negative to have to drive the golf cart through a lower end property.....
-snorkeling equipment should be supplied free of charge as there is quite a nice reef directly in front of hotel........would like to use at leisure.....

For the positives, all of the other reviews are accurate......

Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank sdwgns

Dear Mr./Mrs. sdwgns,

Reviewed 2 May 2010

We stayed at four different places in the DR and Tortuga Bay was by far the best experience. The staff is incredibly gracious and helpful, the food is excellent, and the grounds are beautiful. The beach is a nice white sand, great for walking, but don't expect any waves in April (not sure about the rest of the year). Our villa was not ocean front but did have a partial ocean view so be specific about ocean front if that's important to you. Overall an outstanding property and experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank SVAngler

Dear Mr./Mrs. SVAngler,

Reviewed 29 April 2010

Tortuga Bay is an amazing place to visit! The beauty of Punta Cana is almost overwhelming. The property is well maintained, the service is wonderful and the people are super nice. The casitas are clean, private and quaint. My husband played golf at 4 different courses and loved every single one. The pictures he took of the golf courses that overlooked the Caribbean were beautiful. (Some actually looked like postcards!) I enjoyed my time at the beach and the Six Senses Spa. The ladies at the spa were incredibly sweet and accommodating. The office staff at Tortuga were very thoughtful, attentive and really took to the time to get to know us. The food is good on property but honestly, the best meal we had was at Mamma Louisa's at a small shopping strip about 10 minutes away. (One bad note: the pizzeria on property left something to be desired.) If you are looking for many family activities and/or a party scene, this place is not really for you. Tortuga Bay is so peaceful, your stress will disappear immediately. The airport service is top notch when traveling with Tortuga Bay. All employees were very friendly however, the ones that we would like to thank most are Virginia, Laura, Yuliana and Victor!!! They went above and beyond with their hospitality. You guys rock!!! We will definitely return.

1  Thank ljbkd

Dear Mr./Mrs. ljbkd,

Reviewed 29 April 2010

Can't say enough good things about Tortuga Bay. My wife and I would be lucky to return one day. TB is a small and quiet resort that is perfect for some R&R. The room, service and setting were all great. Easily one of the nicest beaches I have ever seen. The VIP service at the airport is so impressive it can actually be somewhat embarrassing. We cut 4 different lines on our way home (bag inspection, check-in, security and customs). They offered to take us to our airplane in a golfcart, which i politely declined. The food was good, but not great. I would not go to the caribbean if I wanted great food, so we were not at all disappointed. I highly recommend TB. Last year we stayed at Little Dix ( a resort that we also love) which is similar to TB. All in all I would have to say that TB is better.

2  Thank elizabean

Dear Mrs. elizabean,

Reviewed 19 April 2010

I have travelled for 30 years and seen many places. I consider myself fair and reasonable and appreciative of good, genuine, thoughtful service. Tortuga Bay delivers from the time you land at their airport until your departure. The airport experience alone is without doubt the smoothest I have seen with scheduled service. The hotel staff and friendly. Food is good. Rooms are sizeable and extremely well presented. My wife who is a spa junkie loved the spa. I think onbalance it works slightly better for couples than families, but that is splitting hairs.

1  Thank Gordondd9