Traveled Sept 21-27 with 4 friends celebrating our 50th birthdays . Upon arrival we were greeted with a nice fruit drink to have while we were checking in. We had a wonderful time on the trip and WILL return again. The hotel itself is beautiful and the staff works constantly to keep everything clean. Rooms and pool area were immaculate.. . Resort is a nice size -not to big -everything within short walk... The beach is calm and only goes about waist deep. It was great for floating and suggest bringing some kind of inflatable float. We spent a lot of time just relaxing in our floats! There is plenty of shade at the beach even if you get up to late to get chairs under the beach umbrellas..There is a sunken pipe where there is some pretty good snorkeling- you do not need fins only mask and snorkel as it’s not very deep or wavy. There is a bar on the beach and also servers that come around and bring you drinks if you do not want to go to the bar. They had a lot of special drinks-pina colada's, and other fruit drinks but we found they were not very good and preferred to order regular cocktails or beer.
We found the food to be pretty good. The breakfast buffet at Thalassa (we ate here every day for breakfast)had lots of options depending on how hungry you are...They take egg orders and for the rest you go up to buffet to serve yourself. I thought this was quite efficient as there were no lines to wait in while your eggs are cooking..We never ate lunch or dinner at Thalassa so can't comment. Food at snack Sea Blue and Cata Tapa was very good.. We did go over to Catalonia Bavaro for most dinners. They were all adequate. The best for us was the Hibachi restaurant. Not really sure what people expect for the money paid we could always find something good to eat. There is a fun beach party on Thursday nights which had a great buffet. There was a DJ and lots of dancing so that was fun. There is a terrific juice bar on the beach called Maloo- Great Fruit drinks (Non -alcoholic)-I wish it opened earlier because some mornings that would have been enough for me for breakfast. It was open 10-4pm.
As for the pools, they were both nice and clean. The pool close to the lobby had a swim up bar and this pool was more lively. The infinity pool closer to the beach was much quieter and very relaxing.
There is also a piano bar off the main lobby that is nice to relax in later in the afternoon and into the evening.. We had a lot of fun here. Service here was excellent!-especially Milandis and the gentleman that took over for her when her shift was over.(sorry can’t remember his name) Everyone that worked here was great.
We loved this trip. The staff at this resort are what makes it so wonderful-from the young man who checked us in on the 21st, to all the servers, cleaners and of course Wimberto who helped us with just about everything we needed...Everyone was friendly and welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro