My husband and I arrived at catalonia royal bavaro wed 18th of June an early 50th birthday present from my husband. our first couple of days passed without remark ..we enjoyed the food in Cata tapa and thalassa restaurant, the pools and beach were lovely and our room overlooked the swim-up bar but we particularly enjoyed the infinity pool with the double sunbeds and the beach for the peaceful location .
on sat 21st June I noticed the very loud voice of a woman on the beach telling her party of friends that they were gona raise sum hell when the rest of the party arrived that afternoon ..from that day onwards our holiday was ruined by a Texan railhead music convension .they all arrived wearing Stetsons and logo t-shirts club 18-30 style !!
These large group of people basically took over the swim up pool, infinity pool and the beach and to our horror were allowed to hold concerts...speakers guitars microphones and all !!!
that could be heard from every area of the hotel !
at this point I was actually thinking that this was not the adults only and couples retreat holiday that we had been sold by Thomsons holidays.
all in all throughout the next 5 days until our departure we were party to foul language,,mindless drunks, dirty filthy pools particularly the beautiful infinity pool that contained a cocktail of vomit cigarette ash cigarette butts and urine ! staff that were so attentive before Texan hell week that were now too busy and intimidated to keep the same level of service to the other guests. we endured sex shows in the pool with women exposing there breasts and having alcohol licked off,, a couple actually had sex in the spa area of the pool, men mooning the list goes on .
basically feel we have been very let down by the hotel for booking this large group of mostly single people and letting them intrude and dominate our holiday that we saved all year for with their disgusting and selfish behaviour and for doing nothing to change this pattern of behaviour when ourselves and other guests complained to the non existent management !!!!
we did not feel safe in this hotel we felt our health and safety was at risk and our rights as a paying customer were taken from us on that basis we will not be back .....
Lorna and Paul S.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro