Had a great time at the Cat Royal. Sunny everyday. I arrived about the some time Derekmom was leaving. LOL Sorry Derekmom. As it has been said before on here, if your the type of person that goes around searching for things to complain about, you will surely find it. I am not like that, nor do I tend to make big issues out of small issues. That being said;
Upon check-in, we arrived right at 3pm from the airport and found our room was not ready yet. Partly because we requested a particular building upon arrival and we were told it will be about an hour. No big deal, we ran off to eat and look around and when we came back, we were led up to the room. The staff at the front desk were polite and spoke enough English for me. HINT: Your visiting a Spanish speaking country, learn a few words and phrases. A simple Hola(Hello), Como Estas (how are you) and Bien (good) will do wonders on bring a smile to a face.
The room was very nice. Everyday, the maid did a great job. The bed was hard and I learned long ago to take my own pillows.
The food was good for the most part. I don't think I have ever been to a resort, in whatever country where I loved everything they offered to eat, but as the plan was, if we didn't like the meal at this particular place, let's hit the Buffet afterwards.LOL I enjoyed the Mexican and the Italian Rest's as well as the Royal Rest's.
The pool and spa area was nice. I am a beach bum so that is where I spent most of my time. The Royal beach was never crowded and my group was always able to find chairs. It was about a 2 to 3 minute walk to the beach from Building 46. Building 46 is the building closest to the lobby.
People who love to Snorkel, When your on the beach, you'll see the breakers about 400 to 500 yards out and yes, you can literally walk out to the breakers in waist deep water, all the way from the beach. Just take some diving booties for the coral and look for the blue areas. While we were out, we saw about every kind of smaller fish I could imagine and one monster size stingray.
I never checked out the Entertainment, which was on the Non-adult side. I stuck my head in the casino once. Nothing to brag about there. A few tables and a bunch of slots.
The Construction; It will not be an issue. I never heard any construction at all. I spoke with the desk guy and he said the new section is due to open in late May or early June. It looks to have a couple new buildings for the suites and a new section for those who like the plunge pools on their balconies. A new pool as well and a new restaurant. Any questions, feel free to write.
If you have facebook, check out my photos. I have about 30 of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays and Ebookers so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro