We stayed at Catalonia Royal from January 6 until January 13 and it was fantastic! We have stayed at many differen't resorts, all with 4-5 star ratings and this one was by far my favourite. The great service started as soon as we arrived. It was the most organized arrival I have ever seen. As soon as we walked in we were offered drinks and towels, they already had a package ready with all of the info that we needed and we were driven to our rooms with our luggage. They were very helpful in showing us were everything was. Everyone at the front desk were great! Throughout the week when you needed anything from them they went out of their way to be good to you. I like the size of the resort on the Royal side, it is very easy to figure out. The rooms were really nice and clean, they came with fresh fruit and rum for us after we got there. I have read on here about people complaining about the rooms smelling musty tad, but everywhere we go we have always run into that. It's not bad enough to bug you. I noticed it a bit when I got there, but not really after that. I was too taken back about how wonderful everything else is. The place was absolute paradise, I wouldn't concentrate on something as minor as that. There was waiters on the beach and by the pools, all very nice! We were there for a couple of days and then we got a free upgrade to one of the private condos/villas on the beach. Absolutely beautiful. When speaking with others, apparently they upgrade people for free all the time. I was very happy with my first room, but speechless with the villa. This resort has absolutely everything to offer. The royal side is nice and quiet with great service, and if you are looking for something fun, it's a short walk to the other side and they have shows, a casino, and lots of things to do down by the beach during the days. The staff is great, very friendly (more so on the Royal side we found) and if they didn't understand what you wanted, they went and found someone that could understand you. It was the nicest staff I have ever encountered. The food was okay, I am a very plain eater so I struggled a bit to find things on the menus that I could eat. But my husband loved the food. We too found the restaurants better on the Royal side. You could also get 24 hours a day free room service! My husband golfed everyday at the golf course and said it was great, very fast moving... getting through a round of 18 holes in 2 1/2- 3 hours usually! He said he didn't even really need to book a tee time! We will definitely go back again, it is a great place, you wont regret going there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro