Like the title says this was our second stay, we found this resort last February and liked it so much it was an easy choice for this years Caribbean get away. We were here Feb 8-17, 2011. We again upgraded to the villa's with the private pool, in our opinion it is worth every penny. Absolutely loved having our own private infinity pool to float around in. These villas are two floors, very large, nicely decorated and the staff was kind enough to arrange for us to have the exact same room this year as we had last year THANK YOU !! The maid service was great, we tipped the maid everyday because they did such a nice job they deserved it. She always re-stocked our mini fridge with plenty of water, pop and beer.
This year we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and decided to book the private dinner for two on the beach. This was wonderful, our waiter Juan-Pablo was great, he was funny and very attentive. The menu we chose was absolutely wonderful. This was a perfect way to celebrate our anniversary and well worth the $110.00. We ate breakfast almost everyday at the main buffet, we thought it was very good, we ate breakfast at the Thalassa once but did not care for it. We ate lunch at the Sea Blue and it was very good, last year they also served breakfast there but this year no breakfast service, I wish they would bring back breakfast to the Sea Blue. We also went to the regular side for lunch or an afternoon snack, the wood-fired pizza there was great. One of the staff members at the pizza place was working at the resort last year and she immediately recognized us and greeted us with a big hug, it was wonderful to see her again !!
We had Valentines dinner at the Thalassa and we thought it was wonderful, our waiter was outstanding and the food was really good. We had dinner at the mexican, steak house, japanese and the italian restaurant, we enjoyed all our meals at these restaurants.
The concierge staff is wonderful, they are so helpful and friendly. We found again this year all the staff on the Royal side extremely helpful and very polite.
The beach is perfect, no waves and very shallow, you can snorkel right off the beach. We usually went to the beach late in the morning and were always able to find a chair, but as usual there were tons of chairs being "saved" and no one is there for hours. We met a very funny, energetic group from Iowa and a very nice young couple from Minnesota a big hello to all of you !!
Like other reviews mention, the Royal side is quiet and peaceful and most guests are couples looking for a quiet get away. Thank You again to the Royal staff for making our vacation as nice as it was and we look forward to returning again in Feb 2012.
If anyone has questions feel free to e mail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelbag, Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro