I stayed for two weeks in July. The hotel was typical. The rooms had some problems that you get in every hotel in the area. Air conditioning issues and cleaning staff being late.
We stayed in building 6 (we moved rooms). During our stay the hotel lost water due to a main line issues. They still provided all other amenities which is difficult if you think about it (food, bars, pool).
The entertainment was great. Wonderful shows and staff. Mini me was fantastic in getting people involved in the daily activities.
There was either a show, live singer/musician, or karaoke available nightly.
The beach was fantastic. Nice stretch of sand with tiny waves and clean water. (no seaweed and no oil slicks from the boating activities). there us plenty of sitting area on the beach and shade is provided by the palm trees.
While the water sports are outsourced to another company the hotel has a great deal with them. Free kayaks, snorkeling equipment, wave boards and best of all the catamaran with a captain. These are all daily with time limits but it gives you plenty to do. Just make sure to make your reservation. The whole staff of Mariana is fantastic.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Prestigia, Travelbag, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Occidental Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Breezes Punta Cana
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Premium Punta Cana
- Barcelo Dominican Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Barcelo