4,779 results
All reviewsbutler bayronamaya restaurantroom servicehorseback ridingdominican breakfastspecial lunchour honeymoonpersonal butlerlaundry servicelobby barplunge poolbug sprayrelaxing vacationthatched roofwelcome homeocean frontsmall resort
Reviewed 15 April 2012

All-inclusive has its merits, as there's no thinking or cash involved in any transactions and a gated world is of course safe which is good for families. It becomes very easy to lose track of time which is half the point of a break. The mood is peaceful, the Spa is luxuriant and the staff charming and concerned. The thatch-roofed rooms are spacious, well air-conditioned. We enjoyed a bicycling trip and horse riding along the beach "outside" the Truman Show, past lush tropical fields, but with little sense of local life, other than periodic over-grand entrances on the main road to yet more resorts - and bus stops to shift staff. An evening's trip to nearby Dreams resort let us know how lucky we were not to be in a large Alcatraz of a resort with "entertainment" laid on. Sand flies were a bit of a menace on the beach; rum, lime and aloe vera possible remedies.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed excellent - there are so few of them and well laid out, that any would have been good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Angus C
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased to know you enjoyed our beautiful resort and feel sorry that aspects beyond our property/control were not to your liking (e.g. local life).

Concerning sand flies, as our wondrous hotel sits in the middle of a pretty much still-virgin, lush tropical jungle (without any direct neighboring complexes), even though we fumigate frequently & thoroughly sometimes nature still finds ways to surprise us; we are sorry you got bitten and at least can validate that we indeed provide remedies on-site.

All in all, we believe that an overall 3-dot rating was harsh, since you mainly point-out disappointing aspects of your stay which lie beyond our control (local area; insects).

Should you need any additional information, please contact us at Concierge.Zoapc@ZoetryResorts.com .

In the meantime, we thank you again and look forward to getting a chance to welcome you soon once more to our wondrous paradise.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We have just returned from vacationing at this lovely resort and enjoyed every minute of our 7 day getaway.
Upon arrival, we were greeting by friendly, personable staff who made us feel welcome and ensured we were cared for in every aspect during our stay.
The meals were delicious, serving only the highest quality ingredients and prepared with expertise and professionalism. If there was something we wanted that was not on the menu, every effort was made to provide it. The menu included some classic Dominican dishes as well as international foods. They were extensive and offered so much variety.
The bar staff were cheerful and made the best Mohitos ever. Everyone has to experience the Mamajuana - a great tasting shot.
Chle, the activity director, cheerfully organized activities throughout the day. I really liked the dance lessons taught near the bar one evening.
Antonius was quick to offer a cheerful good morning greeting daily as we enjoyed our breakfast at the Amaya restaurant. Staff made a point to remember our names. This was remarkable.
Alain Berthelot, the general manager, as well as, Patric Loeser, guest experience manager, greeted and welcomed us to the hotel. They were both very gracious and attentive throughout our stay.
We enjoyed walking for miles along the beach without having to worry about being harrassed by local vendors. The beach was very clean thanks to the efforts of staff who worked endlessly picking up bark and weeds. The pools were emaculate as was the room. I did get many insect bites despite using lots of bug spray however others I spoke to said they were not bitten at all. My suggestion would be to bring insect spray from home, although the hotel does provide each guest with a bottle of repellant in their room and in the restaurants. These extra touches make the experience so incredible. So much attention is given to detail.
An intimate and relaxed atmosphere is what we were looking for and this is certainly what we found at this gem called Zoetry. We found it to be a cozy and luxurious getaway making use of the spa with hot tub, jacuzzi and sauna, the winding outdoor pools, the comfortable lounge chairs and hammock. The grounds were expertly manicured and were inhabited by several lovely peacocks and peahens roaming the property. It felt like heaven on earth.
Having arrived home rejuvinated, relaxed and feeling like I've recharged all my energy I can't help but tell all my friends about this lovely little place and spread the word about its charm and elegance. It was truly one of our best vacations ever! Thanks for everyone for your efforts.

Room Tip: It appears that all the room have a certain charm regardless of location. Certainly the second level would pose more of a challenge with the stairs if one is not mobile or restricted in some way but the upper level would certainly have the advantage in terms of the lovely view of the grounds.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan G
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear guest

Thank you very much for such a positive comment about our experience in our property. We look forward to hosting you back and make your next experience even more memorable.

Warm regards...

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Just returned from a 5 night stay and was blown away. Where do I start? The architecture and grounds are beautiful. We fell in love with the thatched roofs and and no walls in public spaces. The food was very good and except for a few poor weather days the beach was clean and wonderful. During inclement weather we retreated to the amazing and under used spa. What a gem! What really made our vacation wonderful however was the staff. The Dominicans are so warm and friendly and genuinely care about your vacation experience. Anyone that complains about the rickety wooden walkways, the lizards, lack of attention to detail, bumpy roads on the way to the resort, tiny holes in the blackout curtains in the room, debris on the beach and pool, or poor mini bar service are just being silly and would complain no matter where they stayed. I want to give a special shout out to the following for making this vacation unforgettable: Juan - thanks for taking such great care of us at breakfast and lunch! Juaquin - your sangrias were delicious and thanks for the late night hook up for queso amarillo...it was, well, the best (and only) queso amarillo ever! and Rosalea - we miss seeing you on the beach every day!

Tips:

- The beach and water can be dirty (from natural debris) during and immediately after a rainstorm. The resort is located near a river that discharges into the ocean and I suspect that runoff from the island interior carries natural litter (i.e. twigs, bark, grass, etc. - not man made trash!) that ends up on the beach. However, there were 2 full time staff that did nothing but rake and remove the debris and after our weather improved both the beach and the water were very clean and beautiful.

- My wife did suffer many mosquito bites on her legs and ankles so I recommend you bring industrial strength bug repellent. They didn't bother me at all though. Another couple we met had the same situation....they ate her up but didn't bother him.

- If you're looking for a wild party resort this is not the place for you. We had many fun evenings in Kenny's lobby bar (ask for a Kenny-colada...they are the best!) but it never got out of control which was exactly what we wanted. Kenny stays open until 1AM regardless of the number of guests that he is serving.

- You won't have to fight for a pool lounger or beach palapa. There are plenty. The beach and pool service are both wonderful. Muchos gracias Rosalea!

- Room service is wonderful though we ate out most of the time. The room was kept very clean. The evening turn down service is a nice touch.

- Probably the most disappointing part of the week was our experience with the very agressive cigar/liquor/jewelry vendors that are sactioned by the resort. Not just anyone can show up and sell their products though. Security was ever present throughout the resort night and day and they keep those folks away. However, the sanctioned vendors are extremely pushy and boderline rude. I recommend avoiding them altogether. After bargaining with one vendor for far too long we finally settled on a price only to learn the next day that I could have bought the exact same products for the exact same price in the resort boutique. In my opinion management shouldn't allow these unpleasant characters onsite. We paid too much to have to deal with that nonsense but honestly it was a minor inconvenience and shouldn't dissuade anyone from visiting Zoetry.

- From speaking with other tourists in the airport who stayed at other resorts in Punta Cana we were 100% convinced we made the right decision to stay at Zoetry. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a peaceful, relaxing holiday with wonderful service.

Room Tip: I recommend the Garden View rooms on the second floor. My wife and I stayed in #38 which is adjacent to Amaya restaurant; perfectly situated between the beach/pool and lobby bar. They offer more privacy than the ground floor suites and have soaring, thatched roofs. Before visiting I read many complaints about the wooden walkways which I find extrememly comical after seeing with my own two eyes. Are they perfectly constructed to USA standards that one would expect to find at the Ritz? No, but that only adds to the ambience and charm of this wonderful resort.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Mike D

On behalf of the Zoetry Agua family, we wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us, and especially about our staff.

Juan, Joaquin, Rosalia and all our team we are very glad to know that our effort and genuine care for our guests is recognized.

We are glad that we fully met your expectations. Certainly we will take seriously your feedback about the vendors and their way to approach the clients; we have been working with them to avoid this kind of situations with our guests.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with others, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

This will be what my heaven looks and feels like. Beautiful, peaceful, tranquil, and many puns coladas. The food is fresh, drinks are good, and if there is a more attentive and gracious staff, I have never seen it.
Thank you so much!

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Leah S
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear guest

Warm regards...

Reviewed 4 April 2012

My husband and I just returned from Zoetry Punta Cana, and i must say i was very impressed.
I was hesitant in going to a small resort but very glad that i did. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff. The amazing aspect of going to a small resort is the one and one personalized service. They become your friends. Thank you to Rosalia, for talking care of us each and every day at the beach. Thank you Celi for being the entertainment for yoga and
aerobics, and thank you Kenny for the Drinks at the bar...I personally would like to thank Patric Loeser , Guest Experience... He Did a wonderful job..Alain Berthelot the Hotel manager deserves a commendation for how he runs this resort... The Author Dinner, and the Wine Pairing were suberb..The only thing missing is the piano bar, or dinner music at the bar... A place like this does not warrant live shows... You visit this place to be intimate, relax with your loved ones .. There is no buffet but ala carte and they are always ready to provide you with anything not on the menu... Your laundry is done, shirts are pressed, internet is included. What more can you ask for... Great Job... Zoetry

Room Tip: Any room you choose at Zoetry is in a good location. With a small resort you are close to everything. There is no noise. very quiet location.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank anna1957562671

3.Dear Valued Guest,

Rosalia, Chely, Kenny, Patric and all our team, we are very glad to know that our effort and genuine care for our guests is recognized and that we fully met your expectations.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.