“Wonderful Honeymoon”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 12 October 2012

The hotel is gorgeous....Smaller hotel with individual suites.....Very clean, great food, amazing staff who is always at your service......Beach is wonderful and clean......Not a party hotel which is more than fine with me.......Quiet place to get away, relax, and enjoy a wonderful week with my husband.......Is family friendly, on the beach, and very affordable.....Rooms available either on the beach or with a garden view.....rooms with garden view have a pool in the backyard

Room Tip: Suites available in the garden, beach, or on a upper level
1  Thank Vicki N
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such positive comments about our santuary of peace, and about our professional staff.

This family really enjoyed your visit here, and please don't forget that this is your home too.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Zoetry Auga was better than we could have ever imagined! The staff was incredible (especially Juan "Piña", Juan Antonio, and Chelly! There are so many other amazing staff members too!) and the property is gorgeous. It was nearly impossible to leave. The Kentuckians will be back for sure!!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the beach!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you for choosing Zoetry Agua for your honeymoon,

We appreciate your review, and for remember our staff, we work so hard but with love, to make our guests vacation Perfect!

We look forward welcoming you back, soon!

Reviewed 12 October 2012

we went there for our weeding anniversary and stayed 5 days, we were very relaxed, our favorite bartender was Francisco, every drinks we asked to make it he would make it his way and let me tell you it was awesome.if u are there you have to try his drinks. All the stuffs are very famliy friendly, i will go again and i will recommend to my family and friends to go and have a memorable vacation for rest of their life. Thank you so much, and you guys are over the top.

Dear Guest,

First of all, we want to thank you for share your review with others, and for recommend our property.

Francisco say hello, and of course, if you come back, he will be happy to prepare your drinks.

We look forward welcoming you back!

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My wife and I are very pleased to write this review and give our full endorsement for Zöetry Agua in Punta Cana. Our goal during this review is to illustrate how our Zoetry experience was filled with quiet, relaxing time on the beach; excellent fresh and light dining; endless creative cocktails; a very satisfying room; and above all immaculate customer service.

ONLINE / TELEPHONE SUPPORT
Our praise for Zoetry begins before we ever set foot in the Dominican Republic. Through several emails and calls we wanted to confirm our eligibility for various promotions and upgrades. In all cases, we were met with friendly and informative staff. Lourdes Samuel and Anny Kery in particular. In one case, we slightly missed a requirement on a technicality and the resort was happy to bend the rules and grant us this promotion given our unique circumstances.

OUR ROOM
We booked a Carib Suite. From the outdoor common area, we first enter a large dining / living space. This is a big room with a couch, dinner table and chairs; floor to ceiling mirror; etc… We didn’t spend much time in this room however as it was just my wife and I but it would have been great for bigger parties. Continuing from this room, there is an outdoor space that leads to the bedroom. This outdoor space is private and included our own private swimming pool with jets and some lounging chairs. This pool was useful not just for relaxing in private, but for rinsing our swim wear and then drying in direct sunlight when returning from the beach. The bedroom housed a massive four post bed, with end tables on both sides, a panel TV, a desk and a large chair. This linked to the bathroom, which had dual sinks, our closet and mini-bar. From the bathroom, you can go directly back to the outdoor space with the private pool, or through another door to our outdoor (but covered) shower and bath tub. From the shower / tub there is a final door to the indoor toilet.

We loved the room – the bed was massive and comfortable. We had a large selection of pillows. We had tons of counterspace in the bathroom and thoroughly enjoyed our Bulgari toiletries. And, AND AND AND the complimentary laundry service was incredible. Showering outside (occasionally with an audience of lizards) was a lot of fun. The maid comes each evening at about 9:00 to turn down the bed, replace towels, etc… and also to deliver our copy of the “Sundial” newsletter outlining the next day’s activities and dining options. One of the promotions that we enjoyed the most was the champagne / rose petal bubble bath that Zoetry arranged for us.

THE BEACH
We lived on the beach. We stayed in August and while we were there I’m not sure if there were even 30 total guests. So there was ample space on the beach for each visitor. There are huts for shade and reclining padded chairs. Rosalia and Jahaira kept the drinks coming and introduced us to the “Miami Vice.” The sand is light and free of debris and there are picturesque coconut trees shooting out in various directions. The water was a great temperature and stays shallow long enough to have plenty of space for wading (maybe 30 meters?), and then the reef starts after the water becomes too deep to stand in. Miguel provides complementary snorkel gear for a fish hunting excursion. This isn’t Hanauma Bay in Oahu, but there was enough sealife to watch to keep both of us busy for a couple hours.

The only minor gripe regarding the beach is that there are noticeable amounts of seaweed floating in the water. A nice man with a rake and a wheelbarrow works hard all day to keep the sand veggie-free, but while swimming we encountered this quite a bit. This was a minor distraction at worst and perhaps it is seasonal.

THE POOL
You’ve seen the photos online – it’s awesome. Having said that, we preferred the beach so we only used the pool to take some fun pictures with the beautiful endless pool as a back drop.

THE DINING
There is a casual open air restaurant on the beach, a more upscale indoor restaurant at the end of the resort opposite the beach, and then an indoor/outdoor restaurant with some nice window seats overlooking a fish pond at the center of the resort. The food was always delightful. The menus feature a lot of fresh vegetables and fruit. Crab, lobster and shrimp are common, in addition to fish fare. And of course meat and vegetarian options.

We loved all the options for breakfast and it was always such a challenge not to eat too much before going to the beach in the mornings. On a healthy day, I would take muesli and fat free yogurt with some fresh fruit and honey accompanied by homemade juices. On a typical day, I went for something like the breakfast burrito and would overdose on the amazing mini croissants (with homemade jam!) and muffins. When commenting to one of our favorite servers, Juan, that they had the best mangos we’ve ever tried, he surprised us the next morning by presenting us with some special mangos that are unique to the area. He had to go to the market in town to buy these specially for us. Flor, Rafael and Wilson also took great care of us during breakfast.

We always took lunch at the restaurant by the beach. Ramon was there every day to bring us our shrimp ceviche salad and gazpacho as starters, followed by some kind of meat or fish as a main. The plantain soup was a fun new experience. And I think every 2 or 3 days they had an optional event where they prepare a large family style dish (like fajitas or paella) over an open flame on the beach.

By dinner, we were often exhausted enough from a day of ocean and cocktails that we’d take room service. But the dinner options were equally delicious with Asian inspired curries, steaks, and of course seafood all on the menus. Jordania, Joselito, and Eduardo kept our glasses full and our stomachs in business.

THE SPA / GYM
Two treadmills, two ellipticals, two cycling machines, a universal gym, some free weights and a few more machines… with yoga mats and those big inflated balls, the gym was everything we needed.

The spa was great. The building is beautiful and they do a wonderful job of creating a relaxing atmosphere with champagne/lemon water, oils, music, etc… We tried very hard to budget in such a way that we could keep Lucy and Madeline very busy.

THE BAR
Most comments are already included above, except we’d like to point out that each evening we looked forward to receiving our Sundial so that we could see what tomorrow’s Cocktail, Tea and Water of the Day would be. Apple and passion fruit tea or lemon and cucumber water, etc… kept us hydrated between cocktails so that we could enjoy tasting new concoctions from the bar. We never got tired of Mojitos, Mai tais, or Pina Coladas, but it was fun to try new and creative options from Zoetry’s signature cocktails. And Jorge always had a recommendation ready for us when we lacked inspiration.

OVERALL
Our review would be incomplete without giving a shoutout to the event coordinator, Chelly, for always finding a way to “mix it up!” He and his recently hired co-coordinator, Francis, kept the day full of opportunities to interact with the larger group including Spanish lessons, horseback riding, water aerobics, beach volleyball, etc… My wife and I still find each other quoting from a sample of Chelly’s zany remarks and he brings a genuine enthusiasm to his role.

DOWNSIDE
We loved our experience so much that I hate to say anything negative about Zoetry. Fortunately, this is the shortest portion of our review.

The only significant annoyance was completely out of Zoetry’s control, which is that August is evidently mosquito season. These were seldom a problem in the morning and afternoons, but by evening the place would literally be abuzz. This is despite the best efforts of the staff by fumigating the entire premises at least once daily. The resort provided complimentary “Off” bug spray, and we put this to good use when travelling to and from the restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank WBH007

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Zoetry Agua Punta Cana for your vacations.

Thanks for all your comments about our beach, pool, food, bars, and everything else.

If you would like to come back, don't hesitate in do it, our door will be open to welcoming you again.

Warm Regards!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

This was our second trip to zoetry. We got married there about a year ago and their were some hiccups at that time. So, they gave us 3 complimentary nights to make up for what we didn't get during our wedding. We were allowed to stay in the ocean front room with a plunge pool just like during our wedding. The room was beautiful. This experience was even better than the first time. The resort has made improvements that made our stay wonderful. This resort deserves the highest rating. The service is impeccable, the food amazing and the property is gorgeous. Thank you so much for letting us come back and enjoy this experience again.

3  Thank Karlie H

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time that you took to write this review.

Was very nice to had you back in our magnificent paradise.

We are very glad to know, you enjoyed your second stay with us, and more because you experienced our improvements.

Looking forward welcoming you for third time!

Reviewed 8 October 2012

"Welcome home", was the first thing said upon arrival at this 5 star resort. Unusual statement I thought ,at first. However nothing could be more accurate I felt upon the first few days of my stay.
I've stayed at many 5 star resorts from Riu, Foursesons, Sandals, etc. All of which were amazing vacations on their own, however they do not come close. The theme of relax, enjoy, and become a part of the family at Zoetry Agua is absolute and perfected in every single detail, from the hotel manager Alan greating you on entrance and departure, to every single staff member knowing and adressing you by your name. Within a day they know what "your" wants, tastes, and needs are and do everything in the power to make it a reality. Management is there working side by side with the entire staff costantly tweaking your vacation to you. IE; it will be YOUR vacation, by the time you depart.
The best way to explain my experience is with this example of a story that I experienced. On my 5th night after perfect day and yet another of one of the most amazing meals I've ever experienced the nightly musicians began playing a song they knew I enjoyed. I closed my eyes and listened, holding my girls hand, and became lost in the music, trying to find something wrong with the day, I found none, I was in bliss, every sence, need, and want was met. I have never experienced this other than on a spiritual level. Tears began streaming down my face at perfection I was experiencing, the love of the staff and other guests or as I see them now as me familia. All was directed towards us with a genuine want of doing so.
Working in the health field I will be adapting many of these behaviors into my practice for my patients, for I belive the healing environment I experienced is needed and often lost in these busy fast paced times. Quality over quantity, and accomplishment over activity.
In short Zoetry Agua is the closest I have ever been to Heaven on earth.
Thank you to all of you at Zoetry, I will never forget you, and you were all truely "Over The TOP"

4  Thank Matthew W
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear Mr. Matthew,

We would like to thank you for take part of your time, to share this amazing review regarding our Santuary of peace.

We are so proud to know you enjoyed your stay with us, and made you feel like heaven, this is so deep, and we really appreciate it from you!

Looking forward welcoming back soon- remember this is your home!

Best Regards from Zoetry Team

Reviewed 5 October 2012

We visited Zoetry August 28-September 2 right after hurricane Isaac passed through, and we had a beautiful stay. The service was excellent. Room service did take a while to arrive at the rooms, but the made-to-order service was worth the wait. As vegetarians, we found several options between all three restaurants on the property.

The first night we arrived we had some water leaks in the roof of our room. It seems the resort suffered some minor damage from the hurricane, and with the heavy rain our first night we had plenty of leaks throughout the room and bugs that followed. After a few phone calls, we were eventually upgraded to a first-level oceanfront room #20. It was the perfect location, very clean, A/C functioned properly and we kept bugs out by placing towels on the floor at entry points. The room was so relaxing and the view amazing. It seems repairs were started immediately on the previous room while we were there.

We enjoyed horseback riding, snorkeling, and an evening out to the nearby Dreams resort. One evening they hosted a Caribbean dinner on the beach which was really great. A wedding took place while we were there, and that caused a bit of noise but nothing too disturbing. The spa was great, but the coupons/vouchers included in our package weren't nearly as beneficial as we thought they'd be. We would end up spending more than we wanted to at the spa if we took advantage of the coupons.

All in all this was one of those "big bang for your buck" experiences, and we are truly grateful for opting to go to Punta Cana and spend our time at this "exclusive-feel" of a resort. We would love to return to Zoetry!

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms are totally worth it. We were upgraded to an oceanfront room with a private poo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JBDD2012
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, after your experience in our hotel.

We thank you again because despite the bad weather(during the first few days), you enjoyed your stay with us, specially making some of our entertainment activities.

We look forward get the chance to welcoming you again, for your next visit to this beautiful country.