Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
US$324
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$340
US$219
Melia.com
US$261
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$672
US$512
  • Pool
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$305
Bookit.com
US$261
US$248
  • Breakfast included
Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$253
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
US$222
Elvoline
US$908
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
TRS Turquesa Hotel(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$263
TripAdvisor
4,588 results
All reviewsbutler bayronamaya restaurantroom servicedominican breakfasthorseback ridingour honeymoonspecial lunchpersonal butlerlaundry servicelobby barplunge poolbug sprayrelaxing vacationthatched roofwelcome homesmall resortocean front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Having read many of the Trip Advisor reviews of this property, I've been very disappointed and I've only been here 1 day so far. They messed up the airport pick up, made us wait for 3 hours to get our room (they say because of their no set check in/checkout policy) and it has been downhill from there. Bad service, bad food, things broken in the "suite" (it's really just a big room) has been just the start. For 2 rooms for 6 nights for over $10,000 you would expect a whole lot more. And if you walk 500 yards up the beach you are met by some sort of security guy who says you can't walk any further otherwise you might get shot! Walking south on the beach we were met by a bunch of people riding horses on the beach and you can guess what the horses have left all over the beach. Lovely.

Now I was lured here reading all these rave reviews and maybe those folks are used to Holiday Inns with all you can eat breakfast buffets, but I can tell you this is no 5 star, 4 star or even 3 star resort. Too bad because the physical property is pretty nice although apparently there's the "new side" and an "old side" - we are on the old side unbeknownst to us when we made the reservation. When asked about a better accommodation, we were told this was our "category" and besides they are all full. We've also been asked a couple of times if we have our "voucher". I guess a lot of guests here go through some tour operator of some sort which we did not. But I've never stayed at a nice hotel or resort and been asked at reception when checking in "do I have my voucher?" Really??

In any event we are looking into getting a flight out of here in the next day or so and just writing off the rest of this trip - it's that bad.

Stayed: December 2013
13  Thank travelingbanker
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us in regards to your stay among us.

Your feedback concerning the service you received at our premises are very important to us. We want guests to enjoy their stay at our Zoetry Agua, so your report of an unpleasant experience with some department is a serious concern for us. First of all, let us express our deepest apologies, you merit only the best treat. Second, we questioned our staff and took appropriate action while you stayed here. We went out of our way to ensure you receive a special service in your room, at restaurants and overall in order to address all the inconveniences we unintentionally have caused to you.

We look forward to serving you more efficiently in the future. Again, and on the behalf of the entire Staff, I would like to express our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I just returned from Zoetry Punta Cana. We'd never done an all inclusive before and were wary, but we chose this hotel because it seemed to be the best option available in the week between Christmas and New Years. (They had just opened up their new rooms a week before we arrived, which was probably why they had availability.)

We had a wonderful experience and would definitely return.
PROS:
The resort is beautiful, and VERY clean. (I'd read a lot in older reviews about bugs and roaches being an issue, but they are absolutely not.)
The staff is very friendly, and everyone seemed to go out of their way to try and be helpful. Upon arrival, they upgraded us to a nicer room (thank you to Eddy), which had a view of the ocean.
The beach is beautiful, with plenty of chairs, and a lot of shade available. You can walk several beautiful miles in both directions.
Although the resort was at capacity by the time we left, it never felt too crowded. Even with the 50 extra rooms it stills feels like a small hotel.
The complimentary 20 minute massages are a lovely bonus.
The restaurants are very nice, and there was no pressure to arrive or finish eating by a certain time. There is always something open. (Same goes for the bars.)
The food was... fine to good. Nothing spectacular, but certainly above what we've experienced in some other Caribbean countries, and far above what we expected from an all inclusive.

CONS:

The only real con to this place (and the thing that prevents it being 5 stars, not 4) is that the service is just... strange. It really wasn't a problem and it's hard to explain, but it's mostly that, nice as the staff is, you can never be sure that what you've ordered/ asked for/ arranged is going to happen. This isn't a major issue, but it was noticeable enough that most of the people who we met there were a little bothered by it. (A lot of it has to do with the language barrier. At the risk of sounding like a stupid American, it looked like 95% of their guests were English speakers, so it might make sense to have the man who answers the phone for room service speak the language. I'm pregnant and it was a little nerve wracking not knowing if the drinks I ordered were really non-alcoholic.)

Also, helicopters occasionally land on the beach without a great deal of warning, and sand goes everywhere. (Although Ice-T and Coco came out of one of them, which was hilarious.)

With that being said, as long as you go with a fairly laid back attitude you will have a very relaxing vacation at a beautiful, intimate, and friendly resort. We would definitely return.

SUGGESTIONS:

Would recommend bringing some small change for tips (a helpful hint we got off this site) since it is about 45 minutes outside of Punta Cana.

Also, the Punta Cana airport is very crowded and didn't seem to be super organized. Leave your self plenty of time upon departure, since it could take a LONG time to get through security and customs.

3  Thank tah18

Dear Guests,

I very much appreciate you recommending our Resort and taking the time to share your feedback about your great experience at our endless privileges Zoëtry Agua.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the magnificence and cleanness of our paradise, as well as the attention of our staff. Indeed, we offer our guests a special treat and the unique trip to relaxation. We do, however, apologize that you had a challenge with the communication skills and food/drinks orders. We will do everything in our power to keep high the quality of our services, being constant is the key in this industry and we usually are…your comment will motivate us to look more into details to perceive any kind of flaw in our service. Excellence is our goal and that is our every day job.

I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon for another Zoëtry Experience, this is your Caribbean Home !

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We spent a wonderfully relaxing week (Dec12th-19th) at the beautiful Zoetry Agua in Punta Cana and LOVED every minute of it!
The grounds and beach are spectacular, the food is great and the size of the resort is perfect for quite and restful get away. The amazing setting was matched only by the incredible staff...
Eddy at Canoa Bar, Mercedes the concierge, Ivelicce and Adraeus at the front desk, Madeline at the Spa, Wanda, Danny, Dayanara and all the wonderful and friendly wait staff!
We can't wait to go back in April :-)

Room Tip: All rooms are great...unlike other resorts the garden view rooms are as premium as the beach view and less expensive!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Zoetry Agua Punta Cana but mostly thanks for the comments, fills us with satisfaction knowing that we could meet your expectations as a guest.

I will personally congratulate on your name to Mercedes, Danny, Ivelisse, Eddy, Madelaine, Wanda, Dario & Dayanara. We are more than proud of each one of them and of the service they gave you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in april.

Namasté

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Me and my husband spent a week at the Zoetry Aqua Punta Cana Hotel at
the end of December 2013. We have greatly enjoyed the hotel, the
provided service and our stay there. The hotel is not very big and
very comfortable. Our suite was on the first floor with a veranda and
a private passage to a pool. There are many palms around the hotel,
creating a quire and relaxing atmosphere. The room was very close to
the beach and there’s a restaurant and a bar near it.
The hotel has a great SPA, where I had a great massage.
The food is very good in all 4 restaurants and bars. There’s also a
small café. Restaurants have different working days and this lets you
choose different menus.
I would recommend using the advice and help of the hotel’s stuff in
reserving tours and trips outside of the resort. Everything was
arranged very well and all the tours very great. The hotel organized
for us a wonderful tour to the traditional Dominican village and a
cave. I would highly recommend this tour.
I would like to especially thank managers Mercedes and Richard
Castillo, who showed us around the resort and were very helpful
throughout our stay at Zoetry. Also, I have to thank restaurants’
waiters and Franklin in particular for professional service.
A lot of thanks to DJ Click for wonderful afternoon and evening music
sessions. The live music and a singer who performed at the hotel at
night had a great voice and a very enjoyable set of songs.
Thank you Zoetry’s team for making a stay at your resort and
unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guests,

On behalf of the Zoetry family I want to greet you and take the opportunity to thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation in Dominican Republic. Your comments makes us continue working hard and increase our commitment to your satisfaction through the service we offer.

We are glad that you enjoyed the activities and the tours we are offering at the hotel, and that you have such a great comments about the staff, I will talk to them and let them know that the effort they made turn your vacation into a great experience.

We hope that your trust in us is increased with further visits to our facilities. We said goodbye to you, but not before we reiterate our thanks and deep commitment to your stay at our hotel. We are available whenever you we require.

Namasté

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I traveled to Punta Cana from December 8th through the 14th and spent the second half of our week at Zoetry. We were looking for a more peaceful all inclusive resort, a step up from the other mainstream resorts in Punta Cana. We had an amazing 3 days - the service at the resort is outstanding. From the moment we arrived and were greeted with warm smiles, champagne, and cool hand towels. Our room was absolutely beautiful with a large deck overlooking both the pool and the ocean. The food is outstanding - healthy, fresh, and flavorful. My husband and I were hoping for a romantic place where we could relax in the sun, spend time together, and enjoy beautiful food, service, and surroundings - that is exactly what the Zoetry provided in every aspect of our trip. The staff goes out of their way to ensure your comfort, adding unique touches to your room and stay, going that extra step.

Prior to arriving at Zoetry I read through some of the more negative reviews - these reviews were few and far between and after staying at Zoetry I disagree with them wholeheartedly. Yes, there are some bugs - you are on a tropical island and I feel most people wouldn't feel the need to give a beautiful resort 1 or 2 stars because of a few expected mosquito bites. The resort fumigates daily to minimize this expected nuisance. Yes, the drive from the airport is long and you're driving through some less than scenic areas - however, the resort provides safe, comfortable transportation and we chalked it up to part of the experience.

My husband and I will definitely be returning to the Zoetry for a longer stay our next visit. We'd like to thank the superb Zoetry staff for such an amazing stay!

4  Thank skilaura99
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with other travelers around the world, regarding to your recent visit to our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana.

Great to hear that you and your husband thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that my team accommodated your personal needs. It is gratifying to hear that you enjoyed a fabulous vacation amon. We highly appreciate you experienced how we pamper our guests and how we take care of them. In fact, exceeding the expectations of our visitors is our motivation keyword.

I shared your feedback with the staff for the excellent treat they provide to you. Thank you once again for taking the time to place your feedback online.

On the behalf of the Zoëtry Family, I would like to reiterate our thanks for the kind words you have expressed. We remain at your disposal for any request to come and we look forward to welcoming you very soon for a new Zoëtry experience