“Great boutique resort”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We were sent to this hotel for 2 nights because the resort that I reserved was overbooked.
Beautiful grounds, staff real attentive and friendly, had a great oceanview room. Excellent ser ice at the restaurants and bars. As there are only 50 rooms there are plenty of pool and beach chairs and you dont have to wake up at 7 AM to reserve your chair. Deffinetly not a kid friendly hotel as there are no activities or entertainment.
If you're looking for a quite and peacefull vacation this is the place to be, however, if you're travelling with kids I would look for something else.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank paulkp47
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun!

Dear Guest,

Greetings from our sunny Paradise! Thank you for taking the time to post this delightful review, on behalf of all of us we are thrilled to know you enjoyed yourselves so much! Also we appreciate that you share with other your recommendations.

Regarding to the numbers of room we have 96 not 50, but is great to know that it felt like you were staying in a smaller resort, part of that is beacuse of the great service that you mentioned.

We hope to have you back soon

Namaste

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Great small all inclusive resort. Very spacious for 96 rooms. Not a kid friendly resort, however there were a number of children there.

The room was beautiful. Deck was grand. Service was wonderful. It did however take 6 days to get our room sign posted. The resort places a card with your family name outside your door, next to your room number. It makes it nice. we were there for 7 days, and I had called the concierge more than once requesting same.

As well the mini bar service was a hit or miss. I called room service / the concierge , and went to the front desk to ascertain why I was not getting any beer in my mini fridge. I must sound like a raging alcoholic. However I have never been to an all-inclusive resort anywhere (Domincan Rep, Cuba, Bahamas, Mexico) that did not at least stock your fridge with beer, water and soft drinks on a daily basis. Apparently they have a number of beer selections, from Presidente light, to Heineken and Corona. I wasn't asking for 12 different beer just a couple to have if I wanted one. One female concierge at the front desk told me it was not part of my package (no idea what that meant) however she would send some. It never came.........

Apparently the resort may offer free laundry service and free long distance. We were never explained those options.

The beach grill was nice, we ate there once. Mostly at the seaside restaurant Indigo where Frank, Fray, Dany, Nathaniel and Claudio were excellent. Always a smile and great service. Pedro at the Amaya restaurant was excellent. Probably the most fluent English speaking person on the resort, very professional, and comical.

I tried the lobster once, however coming from Atlantic Canada, it was not the same as to what we are used to.

Overall very pleased with the resort and staff. They can always make improvements. Such as having a resort map, attention to details like the room name outside your door (should be up within a few hours at least upon arrival). Clear up the mini bar service. And fully explain ALL of the available amenities, so that you could fully enjoy your stay. Also the walkways are nicely done however the service carts make a great deal of noise when they move along the walkways (they should have pneumatic tires to quiet them down). I spoke with people who were on the ground floor and were awoken by the carts in the night.

Lastly the SHARKS (not in the ocean) the time share/vacation club RCI, sales group, or whatever they call themselves. They were all extremely fluent in English. Maybe they should work in the resort to avoid and language issues. We ran into them on our second to last day. Very aggressive, and polite at the same time. I heard people who had attended the Presentations the cost started at $99,000 and dropped from there. If you have that kind of money great, however if you don't stick to your guns and do not attend. You will thank yourself for avoiding the stress and time taken away from your vacation. Anytime someone offers you a free spa package, goody bag with Rum or a free T-shirt. They want something in return. Like accepting a free floor mat, now they want to get you to buy the car.

Canadians ask for Canadian television channels CBC, CTV, TSN/RDS. We deserve to be treated as well as the Americans when it comes to channel selection.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are new, however there is a Rooster nearby that will have you awake at 5:30...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NBAdvisor
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking your time and share your comments. We are pleased to know that the service provided by our staff was excellent throughout your stay, regarding to this, I will personally give your feedback to Frank, Pedro, Nathaniel, Claudio, Fray, and Dany.

It is nice to know taht your first experience at a "All Inclusive Resort" was at Zoetry (Your home away from home) but the most important thing is that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We focus on personalized treatment to each client and the team strives to bring this about. we take pride in ensuring the customers satisfaction and we are taking note of each one of the points that you mentioned so we can be better every day.

We hope to see you soon at your next visit to our paradise Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana!

Namasté

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Reviews on this hotel seem to vary enormously . We have just returned from a two week,holiday and absolutely loved it. The spacious room , the quality of the bedding , the towels , super white,and fluffy , well kept , tropical,gardens, friendly , helpful,staff. In particular , Luismi, the concierge, a polite , friendly man , who really helped to make our holiday ,extra special. He deserves to go far in the hotel business,he has just the right attitude. The beach was spotless , plenty of loungers and no body trying to sell you stuff. Almost perfect !

Room Tip: We liked our rooms close to the coffee shop but it depends what you like ! I had a high room , loved...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Taigüey !Good Day-Good Sun

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review concerning your experience at our hidden paradise. I am delighted to read that our Staff, especially Luis Mi took such good care of you during your stay, reaching beyond your expectations. I take great pride in their service efforts!

I would like to thank you for recommending our peaceful Zoëtry Agua that will provide to every guest endless privileges when it comes to luxuriously well-appointed accommodations with amazing ocean and garden views, gourmet restaurants, assortment of organic food and beverage selections and many other exclusive services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon in our tropical Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana.

Namasté,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We too received an upgrade to Zoetry from the Dreams Resort. There was 8 of us, and we decided to be adventurous and take the upgrade, not knowing what we were going to get. When our van pulled in and we got our first glimpse of the resort we were amazed. The rooms are amazing, some of us were in the old part and some in the new, so we had the opportunity to see both, and I wouldn't care which side they put us in. The grounds and the beaches are very very nice, very quiet and secluded and very very well kept, we never had a problem getting a beach chair anytime of the day. We ate breakfast only once in the restaurant, and it was pretty slow, but not to be worried, we ordered room service for breakfast from that day forward and enjoyed the food from our beautiful deck. We had the pleasure of meeting Miguel and Luismi the first day, and I will tell you they made our stay absolutely awesome. I know we ran them thru the gauntlet with our questions and request, and the 2 of them went above and beyond anything we have ever experienced in our travels. My wife and I also went to the Spa for our complimentary Massage, and after getting the best massage of our lives, we went back 2 more times. My masseuse, and I know I'm going to get your name wrong, but I believe it was Roni....awesome. Also Frank at the pool bar and several others who I wish I could remember their names, Thank You All. Our only Cons I would say were the restaurants. While the food was very good, the menu is the same every day. After a few days, it was tough to choose something different. You would think it would be a new, fresh menu everyday. Bottom line is, if your looking to party like a rock star, this is probably not the place. If your looking for a beautiful, relaxing serene place to chill, this is the place. If the resort continues working on it, and hiring people like Miguel and Luismi, It can only get better.

2  Thank boydandbrendabender

Taiguey: Good Day / Good Sun

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review concerning your experience at our warm paradise. I am delighted to read that our Staff, especially Luis Mi and Miguel took such good care of you during your stay, reaching beyond your expectations. I take great pride in their service efforts and I will personally congratulate them.

It is a pleasure that at the end you decided to be adventurous and visit our hidden paradise, but the best of all was that you really enjoyed your stay here. We are taking notes of the points you mentioned so we can take care of them and change it as quick as we can, at Zoetry we take pride in ensuring our customers satisfaction and your reviews are important to us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon in Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana your home away from home.

Namasté,

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My boyfriend and I were staying at Dreams resort and got offered to stay here for 4 nights as a 'promotion'. We couldn't believe our luck to stay in this 5 star resort. When we arrived we were greeted by some lovely people everyone was really nice and friendly. The grounds are beautiful, beach gorgeous, some really breathtaking views. Our room was lovely, we were on the ground floor and the pool was just outside our room. This place has so so much potential. We loved our stay as we weren't paying the full price so we couldn't really complain about anything. However, i'm going to give some constructive criticism for the manager as if i was paying the usual rates I would be very disappointed. First of all the service at some of the restaurants was awful, breakfast at indigo you could wait 15-20 mins for your order to be taken, the staff were lovely when they did but they seemed to have no urgency about them. There were other small things like your juice not being filled up often enough, no spoons out for cereal, cereal in cocktail glasses (bowls are fine). Olena restaurant had the best service. The food was the same if not of a less quality than Now Larmiar - we preferred the food there. For award winning chefs it was not award winning food. Maybe a few more sun loungers on the beach as they were always always full! Also coco cafe where we went to get coffee the first time the service and coffee was perfect. However the second time a girl named Jordaine served us and she was quite rude, gave us espressos when we asked for lattes and mochas. Her english wasn't the best but we can't expect her to speak fluent. She was very rude, my boyfriend is a very chilled guy and he even thought that. Maybe a bit more training in customer service (as i said if i was paying full rates i would be demanding to speak to the manager after our encounter with her).

Overall the stay was lovely, beautiful, staff were friendly and polite (our favourite was Wanda). Maybe just a bit more training of your staff.

Thanks for having us.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amc1991

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun

Dear Guest,

First of all, please let me personally thank you for taking the time to let us know your impression regarding the Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. It is a real pleasure to read you had a great experience with us.

I will take note on those points you mentioned in order to improve our Service and I will personally take care of the problem you had at the Coco Cafe, so I can make sure it won't happen anymore. It would have been a pleasure to talk to you and hear about your experience while you stayed here.

Please let us know when you are planning to get back to our "hidden Paradise", the entire Zoetry Team will be expecting you with a smile and some specials details to make your stay unbelievable.Namasté

Reviewed 21 February 2014

If you dont want to read all review here are short list of PROS and CONS:
PROS:
ALL inclusive (all I mean is all! Only spa is at additional cost)
Free WI-FI (which is rarity in Dominican republic)
Free laundry service
24h room service
Very cozy enviroment
No annoying sales people
Beautiful beach
BIG swimming pool
4 top class restaurants
No buffet type breakfast
Always available luxury beds on the beach

CONS:
45 min from airport
a bit bumpy road (90% highway; 10% bumpiness :) )
not much activities
minor bugs in evening

We just came back a week ago from this amazing place. Truly place to relax and get away from noise. We had 20 month child with us and she loved this place. Although originally this place was designed for adults only, we felt that all staff just loved our daughter and showed so much atention. Really good. I should say if you are looking for activities and parties this place is not for you. We needed some time for yourselves to enjoy quietness and we got it.
In general this place is much smaller than other resorts but very cozy. It has only 96 rooms.
Has 4 restaurants, gym, spa, 24h room service. You will feel exceptional there compared to other resorts. I should mention that wifi, laundry, room service (breakfast, lunch and dinner) are all inclusive and no additional cost is involved. Maids fixes your room 3 times a day. Pool drags straight from your doorway to the ocean. No need to rush to the beach in the morning to get your bed. Its always available. Rooms are really big and luxurious with massive bathroom, you will be surprised. A big thing for me was, that there are no annoying sales people trying to sell you everything. Although they have one day a week local market for souvenirs, and there is local fella on the beach (border of resort) but not annoying like in other resorts. As well they organize free trip to CUEVA CAYACOA: somehow interesting to see how locals live and produce coffee and chocolate, and to see caves which are about 40 mins of drive on open roof bus. Also to mention that outside resort this country is very poor, so please if you go there value hard working kind people and leave them a tip when you feel so.
Overall we loved this place. And I always ask myself after a trip, would I be back to this place. So for this resort I would say DEFINITELY!
If you have any questions dont hesitate to write me, will be glad to give you advice or answer your question.

Room Tip: If possible ask for room that has sun all day long, in that case you can be sunbathing just on your...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Virtusas
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to read your review, and on the behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you personally for expressing your satisfaction regarding your stay among us.

Our "perfect place to get away from noise and just relax" as you mentioned will always be defined as "a private secret spot". With his relaxing atmosphere, his culinary experience, his wellness focus and his kind employees, Zoetry Agua focus on a personal treatment, and the hotel size helps us to get a close attention to our guest.

If you enjoyed to the fullest your vacations, then your memories are the best award for us...Hopefully on your next visit, we can create new memories, by surprising your with new concepts and a more dedicated service.

Again thank you so much for those great comments.

Namsté

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have just returned from this wonderful hotel after a 2 week holiday with a friend.
We stayed in the older part of the hotel in a well serviced "suites". They were really very large rooms with no separate sitting area but as there was direct access onto a large balcony on the 1st floor suite and a terrace on the ground floor suite leading directly onto a pool this wasn't really a problem. The food was good and great to be all a la carte. Restaurant service was a bit hit and miss but always served with a smile. It was amazing to discover that all inclusive really meant all inclusive! Unlimited alcoholic and soft drinks including champagne, laundry, international phone calls and wifi throughout the hotel. The grounds have lush vegetation (helped no doubt by the occasional downpours which lasted only for a very short time) and are beautifully maintained.
This is not really a suitable hotel for children as there were no play areas or shallow pool and the menus were really quite sophisticated.
In general the staff were great and perhaps unfair to mention specific individuals but I have to especially mention Luismi. He is the concierge and went to incredible lengths to ensure that we had a wonderful holiday. Always available without being obtrusive. A completely charming young man who I'm confident will go far in the Hotel industry.
In summary not quite up to 5 stars but a fabulous hotel.

1  Thank elaine h
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

It is real pleasure to hear that your experience with us was excellent. On the behalf of the entire team of Zoetry Agua, I would like to thank you for this review.

We are glad you chose our hotel for your well deserved vacations, I hope to have you back soon and we will keep working harder every day to surprise you on your next stay.

If the Zoetry staff goes "an extra mile" it is because we think that every guest is special, and everyone needs a special treatment... I will personally give your special mention to Luis Miguel and I am really sure he is going to appreciated it.

Thanks for your review and your visit.

Namaste

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!