“Everything...and more.”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Zoetry is an absolute paradise..from the moment you arrive you feel the genuine welcome which continues day after day. Peace Beauty and Tranquility would be the three words I would use to describe this luxury boutique resort....an oasis of calm...where the outside world ceases to exist.
We chose an ocean front suite with private pool...a great choice, as the beach is on the doorstep and you also have the benefit of a private garden. However due to the small number of guests...privacy is never an issue. The beach is beautiful, pristine white sand leading to the turquoise sea. Our daily morning walk was to the left...often seeing no one for an hour or more..the rest of the day was spent sun-bathing,with lunch outdoors at the daily beach BBQ....Lobster Paella was especially delicious...plus a selection of grilled meat ,fish ,chicken and salads. There is excellent waitress service all day at the beach, with unlimited drinks...though we tended to only have a glass of wine/champagne with lunch...The sun is very strong!
In the afternoon there is horse riding available,which we did 3 or 4 times ,then had a private 2 hour ride in the early morning...again great fun if you enjoy horses.
The spa is excellent..great massages and plenty of treatments.
The main activity in the evening is the Lobby Bar for cocktails....again never crowded...followed by dinner in one of the restaurants. Food is good ...NOT top class (I would say typical of the Caribbean)...you can't go wrong with fish, lobster, or steak in Amaya, Piraqua serves Dominican food again good . Indigo on the beach...great for breakfast..and also had a good ceviche with capers and gazpacho there .Olena was our least favourite restaurant...rack of lamb ordered pink was overcooked..and when returned was equally overcooked..pasta and rissotto were nothing special.
This would be our ONLY small complaint.
The staff are amazing...the friendliest people imagineable...housekeeping first class...rooms always immaculate & 24 hour laundry usually returned back the same day.
We left our 10 night stay by private helicopter transfer...a worthwhile treat as the views of the island are wonderful.
Zoetry Thank You for a fabulous holiday...we will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DeliciousMarbella
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Taiguey Guest

Greetings from Zoetry Agua, we are so happy to see that you enjoyed our resort with all of it's unique settings. But most of all we are thrilled that our staff had this effect on you because they truly are our main attribute.

I apologize for the little inconvenience you experienced and the Olena staff is already working on it so they can avoid it to happen again.

Thank you again for coming to your "Home away from Home".

We hope to have you back and we will be sharing your comments with all of them.

Namaste

Write a ReviewReviews (4,376)

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was part of a group of 41 people who stayed at Zoetry for a sales incentive trip. The experience was outstanding. This is a very quiet and peaceful resort that is probably not used to a group of our size, but they went out of their way to accomodate our every need. We all stayed in the new section and the rooms were amazing. The property is maintained to perfection. The only thing better than the property was the people. Of particular note was the team at the pool bar. Dayanara, Daniel, and Yahaira constantly went out of their way to ensure that everyone had a full drink while having a great time. They were terriific! Miguel, the assistant food and beverage manager, was absolutely incredible. He was willing to do whatever our group needed, including pulling together a last minute restaurant takeover for all 41 of us that consisted of filet mignon and lobster...all included! By the way, the food was far and away the best that I have ever had at an all inclusive.

I have read comments regarding a language barrier at the property. The fact is that they have brought on a number of new people within the past few months because of the growth of the property, but they are all undergoing extensive English training. There were a few times where there was clearly difficultly in translation, but these people more than made up for it with an incredible attitude and desire to provide a great experience. We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank averyhill

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your valued comments, especially the mention of our Team members that stood out for you during your stay in our Resort.

I am glad you and everybody from the group found with us, an absolutely quiet atmosphere that allowed you to enjoy our limitless services. We create an unparalleled experience for all of you that I hope, had achieved your expectations!

Your comment express a total relaxation and guide our future guests to discover the wonders of this magical spot, our hidden paradise…thanks you so much for taking the time to take a breath with us and to write such a sweet note.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Namaste.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our first time to punta Cana !
Wow! Beautiful beaches,this superb resort has it all.Staff are all hardworking, corteous,helpful and friendly.Simply the best. This hotel was laid out and very clean,gorgeous beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Your Feedback is very important, and we really appreciate the time you took to post this review.

Dear guests:

So glad you enjoyed your stay at our Hidden Paradise & thank you for your review.

Meanwhile, we remain at your service and hope to expectantly welcome you once more soon to your "Home away from Home"

Namaste.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed at Zoetry Feb 17-24 and then moved to Excellence Punta Cana Feb 24-Mar 3.
The property itself is beautiful, probably the nicest in Punta Cana. Very small (only 100 rooms), all rooms in small buildings nicely spaced. Very tropical feel, really nice beach. Quality of the food is good, freshly prepared, hot. Rooms are huge (bigger in old section), nicely appointed, very tropical and upscale. If you get a direct ocean front room, you are truly right on the beach.
Like all Dominican resorts, the staff are very accommodating and very polite. The negative issues are how they are trained here (or not) and the little problems that add up.
A) Zoetry has 4 restaurants, but only 3 at a time are open. Menu at them all is pretty well the same.
B) They are constantly running out of basic things. I ate breakfast every morning at Indigo on the beach. It is only a continental breakfast which is all I want. Advertised to open at 7AM; not once was it really up and running before 8:15. In the 7 days, 4 of them they had no milk for coffee or cereal; 3 of them they had no yogurt; 1 of them no granola; 3 of them no bowl to put the yogurt in. Just silly lack of anybody paying attention. The lobby bar (which is beautiful) ran out of Baileys and vodka.
At lunch, had tacos but no garnish other than mayonnaise.
C) Big difference in the staff is the attitude. At Zoetry, if they run out of something, they just say Sorry. At Excellence, they go and get it for you from another restaurant.
D) Huge issue of wait staff not speaking English, by far the worst of any DR resort I have stayed at.
E) Beach service was poor. Only 2 girls to bring drinks, no staff to make up beach beds.
F) Zoetry is owned by AM Resorts. They are shipping in people from other AM properties (Dreams/Now) on 2-3 day freebies. Upsetting to pay full price and then see a family from Dreams who paid probably half what you did.
G) Zoetry is marketed as a quiet, relaxing, small and personal resort. Place was full of groups and kids. Not sure if this was due to the freebie people noted above or not, but by no means was it quiet and relaxing. And really silly, since absolutely nothing for kids to do here.
H) Never ever saw a manager. Did see lots of people standing around, but few of them actually doing much other than the waiters. Suggest fewer staff, but better trained staff.
I) On my last day, asked Zoetry front desk if they could drive me to Excellence (literally a 3 minute, 1 mile trip). They said no, take a taxi. Called customer service people at Excellence, and they sent a car to get me.
J) I stayed in room 205 and 210 (moved at my request). Neither one had any hot water in the morning, and I mean none! This is a big issue and management know all about it, but they pretend you are the first person to ever mention it.
This was my 2nd stay at Zoetry PC and I spent 2 weeks at Zoetry in Cancun last year, so I know what the brand is supposed to deliver. They have built a big addition of new rooms and they are not selling them, so they are giving them away to anybody at Dreams who wants one, included those with kids. The staff are poorly trained and whoever is in charge of inventory should be replaced.
Overall it was a poor experience. Excellence offers far better customer experience at 75% of the price. Zoetry has lost me as a customer!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank doug2053
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Mr. Doug,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review about your stay among us. On behalf of the Zoëtry Family, we would like to share our apologies on your recent experience during your trip to Dominican Republic.

Our goal is to make of our guest vacations a lifetime experience. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations during this second visit to our property. I would like you to share more information about your complains to my personal email Lgomez@zoetryresorts.com.

Regarding to the points you mentioned, please find below the answers:
A) We have four restaurants and we open them according to the number of guests we have at the resort. Regarding to the menus, our Executive Chef from Europe is working really hard in changing each one of them so he can add more variety and satisfy each guest needs.

B) We narrowed the causes to the points you mention about the Indigo Restaurant and we are solving each one of them so we can avoid this things to happened again.

C) At Zoetry we take pride in ensuring our customers satisfaction not only with the property but with the service as well and that is the reason our managers spend time in the areas talking to the customers to find out every needs they can have and to see how is everything working out.

D) It is true that our resort is mark as a quiet and relaxing place, but we can not avoid to have in our property the families that wants to enjoy of this paradise as we are not an "Adult Only Resort".

Your comment will motivate us to look more into details to perceive any kind of flaw in our service. Excellence is our goal and that is our every day job.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the troubles we may have caused during your vacations it is sad for us to lose you as a client because you are a part of our family, if you want to come again an visit us we will be more than happy to welcome you and thank you again for posting your comment.

Namasté

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We were given a complementary upgrade from Dreams Palm beach for 5 nights to stay at the Zoetry, was amazing! The rooms are spacious and clean, gardens well kept, a la carte restaurants serve great food (service was a little slow at times).

All the staff we very friendly and helpful, we had a lovely relaxing few days here.

I have never returned to a hotel abroad but I think this may be a first.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikbev12
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Taigüey-Good Day/Good Sun,

Dear Guests,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to share your positive comments with the Zoëtry Family. I am much obliged to let you know that “it is our pleasure” to have offered you a beautiful paradise.

Great to hear that you loved your accommodation, indeed our exclusive Suites are generously spacious; the luxurious interiors are carefully decorated with elegant touches of natural materials for a relaxing and comfortable experience. As far as the gastronomy, guests discover traditional and authentic flavors in a contemporary way… a feast for the eyes, a triumph of flavors!

In the gardens of our Resort it is easy to feel the sensation of living in an eternal spring. Indeed, guests will treat themselves to a private romantic walk among palm trees and grounds planted with aromatic herbs.

I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed an amazing experience at our Zoëtry Agua Boutique hotel, wonderful words from a fulfilled guest are the best motivation for us. However, I will inform our team of your observation to ensure our guests consistently receive a service in a quick and pleasant manner.

On the behalf of the Zoëtry Family, I would like to reiterate our thanks for the kind words you have expressed. We remain at your disposal for any request to come and we look forward to welcoming you very soon for a new Zoëtry experience!

Namaste,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We are Unlimited Vacation Club members and stayed at two resorts on our latest trip to the Dominican Republic. After starting our trip at Dreams Punta Cana we moved to Zoetry Agua, which is a beautiful, quiet resort...a piece of heaven on earth. Our suite was a swim up on the ground floor with a spacious, relaxing porch. The suite was large with comfortable beds and pillows and we slept well with no outside noise. In fact, we never saw any other guests on the walkways except near the pool and beach. Even the restaurants were quiet. We loved it!! The restaurants were very good with a wide selection so that all three of us were happy. We were very pleased with the service, particularly from Fray and Pedro. Gilberto provided excellent service at the Canoa Lobby Bar...try his sangria made with Brandy and Orange Liqueur. Also, the spa is exquisite. We loved the hydrotherapy circuit including the sauna and steam room. Emely in reception is very nice and Olga, Jocelyn and Romervi give excellent massages!! The gym is equipped well and usually empty. We visited this resort when they had only 50 rooms and the second 50 rooms were under construction. Now that they are completed, the resort still has the feel of a small, very private all inclusive resort. This is one of our favorite places and we will definitely return along with trying the other two Zoetry resorts currently located in Mexico.

Room Tip: With only 100 suites, you can't go wrong with any room on this resort. We were in a downstairs...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank IslandFever4
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Taigüey / Good Day-Good Sun!

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your experience at our Zoetry Agua. We are grateful for the trust you have placed in our staff, it is our goal to keep your confidence in our property by providing the highest level of excellence.

I will share your kind words with our entire staff, especially Fray, Pedro, Gilberto, Emely, Olga, Jocelyn and Romervi.

Zoëtry Agua is an intimate paradise where everyone finds unlimited privileges; we surprise our guests with special treats. Indeed, you will not find this unique experience on a typical all-inclusive resort because our visitors are exceptional.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and I hope we get to have you as our special guest again very soon!

Namasté,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We were sent to this hotel for 2 nights because the resort that I reserved was overbooked.
Beautiful grounds, staff real attentive and friendly, had a great oceanview room. Excellent ser ice at the restaurants and bars. As there are only 50 rooms there are plenty of pool and beach chairs and you dont have to wake up at 7 AM to reserve your chair. Deffinetly not a kid friendly hotel as there are no activities or entertainment.
If you're looking for a quite and peacefull vacation this is the place to be, however, if you're travelling with kids I would look for something else.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank paulkp47
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun!

Dear Guest,

Greetings from our sunny Paradise! Thank you for taking the time to post this delightful review, on behalf of all of us we are thrilled to know you enjoyed yourselves so much! Also we appreciate that you share with other your recommendations.

Regarding to the numbers of room we have 96 not 50, but is great to know that it felt like you were staying in a smaller resort, part of that is beacuse of the great service that you mentioned.

We hope to have you back soon

Namaste