“A litttle piece of paradise”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #3 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Bournemouth, England
“A litttle piece of paradise”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Where do I start; idyllic beach-side African Safari type lodges sitting on the beach in a perfect settling; quiet but not dead; simply heavenly. Smaller resort and not full of all inclusive drunks. Service impeccable

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julian T
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Taigüey: Good Day-Good Sun!

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to let us know that you greatly enjoyed the unique experience you created at our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana. We are delighted to learn that overall you have enjoyed an exceptional stay, wonderful words from a fulfilled guest are the best motivation for us.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the staff, the property and the services.

It has truly been our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Lionel Gomez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at Zoetry Agua in March 2014 with my son, 13, and daughter, 12. It was a smaller, more peaceful resort than some of the others in Punta Cana that we had stayed at -- but we all agreed, It was our favourite by far. From the check-in, where we were greeted with impeccable customer service to our rooms, which were like something out of a magazine. So spacious...the bed was heavenly -- so comfortable. Decent pillows! The room was decorated with local flowers...on the bed, around the bath. I could have stayed for days in the room -- but there was so much to explore outside! The pool near the beach was like something you would see in Conde Naste magazine. Palm trees that jut out from around the pool, so lots of shadey spots for a fair-skinned redhead like me. But still lots of sunny spots for my daughter who tans really well. The beach had lots of places to sit -- both shadey and sunny. We loved the circular beds on the beach. We spent hours playing in the sand and in the water. It was glorious. For us, the restaurants were some of the best that we have ever experienced. My kids were a little adventurous trying different things like lamb, duck and scallops. All of which they absolutely loved. The service was absolutely amazing. I think our server was named Eduard; I overheard him telling another table that he was a pitcher in baseball until a motorcycle injury. He made me and my children feel like a queen, prince and princess. His calibre of service is exceptional. My only disappointment was that I didn't get to try the spa; it was fully booked while we were there. But I would recommend Zoetry Agua without hesitation. If you are looking for total relaxation, together-time with your loved ones, comfort and a little bit of decadence in your room, food that seems prepared by the Gods, a picture-perfect beach with calm water and soft sand...consider Zoetry Agua. You will not regret it. We would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CathyKieran
Taigüey ! Good Day-Good Sun

Dear Guest,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking your precious time to let us know how much you enjoyed a memorable experience at our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana. I highly appreciate your invaluable and motivating comments that help us to continue taking individual care of our guests.

According to your comment, you could enjoy the joy of our Resort and that is our daily goal.

Our exemplary and delicate service defines the heart of our restaurants, prompt and impeccable, where the gastronomic experience that guests will discover includes traditional and authentic flavors in a contemporary way… a feast for the eyes, a triumph of colors and flavors!

we look forward to welcoming you back soon in our Zoëtry Agua, the perfect place to let your mind be free!

Namaste,

Huron, Ohio
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The resort was the absolute best. Small, intimate remote and quiet. The grounds were well kept and manicured daily. Plush beautiful foliage with colorful flowers everywhere, even sprinkled on our bed at turn down, where I found my nightgown folded into a butterfly. Everything was perfect. Above and beyond my expectations. The rooms were large with a Spa/ Zen atmosphere. I felt like we were living in a tree house, with thatched roof and wood. I can't say enough about the staff and the way we were treated. Miguel, the Somalier, made sure that our every wish was met. Our bartender at the pool, Gilberto, was the best and very entertaining. The food was fabulous, fresh and unique. Our most favorite place to eat dinner was O'lena, right off of the lobby We tried so many new items and went with the recommendation of Miguel when not sure what to pick. Never regretted anything we ordered. Twice we enjoyed the BBQ that was offered daily on the beach from 12 - 3, definitely recommended. The wait staff and room service was top notch. I just wish I could remember all of their names. I have never been treated with such attention to detail. Our room was stocked daily and linens were fresh everyday. We even shared champagne one evening and a chocolate cake sent to our room as a surprise. The entertainment in the lobby was perfect...it would start around 9:30 and go until 11 or so. Great single musician and very talented with his voice and guitar. The pools were clean and beautifully landscaped. Never felt like we had to fight for a spot. Warm, dry towels were available by the pools and right on the beach. One afternoon we enjoyed Miguel's fresh made Sangria, Chef Sergio's seafood Paella and a Flamingo dancer at the Indigo, a restaurant by the beach. We met and made friends with many couples that were celebrating a special event and truly felt the intimacy of the resort. They employ 200 staff and have only 100 rooms. I also had a wonderful massage...the only thing I paid extra for, but it was well worth it. Will I go back, hopefully in my lifetime, because it was heavenly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor with a balcony that overlooked Amaya, our most favorite breakfast spot...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan R
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Taiguey: Good Day -Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

First than anything thank you for taking your time to write this review, at Zoetry we take pride in ensuring the customers satisfaction and it really pleased us is that you really loved your stay here. Our guests are the reason why we work so hard and find ways to make the experience at our hotel a unique one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to our peaceful paradise!

Namasté.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We traveled as a family to Zoetry last week. There were five of us and we stayed in the Villa Caney. The resort, grounds and beach were just beautiful. Our Villa had a very nice living room with its own private courtyard and pool. We had an amazing time there. All of the staff at Zoetry went out of their way to make sure you had a wonderful stay. Willyn, our concierge, was awesome. He planned a lovely lunch for us on the beach and also a private dinner our last night. We also really enjoyed the meals and the excellent service we received, especially from Pedro, Omar and Miguel. Also, great bar service at the beach from Yolanda and great drinks from Anyelo Jockson at the lobby bar. It is a very quite resort, but it provided the ultimate in relaxation. We definitely would love to come back someday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lynn B
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 16 May 2014

Dear Lynn,

I am thrilled to read your review, and on the behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank personally for expressing your satisfaction regarding your stay among us.

If you enjoyed to the fullest your vacations, then your memories are the best award for us...Hopefully on your next visit, we can create new memories, by surprising your with new concepts and a more dedicated service.

Again thank you so much for those great comments, who bring joy, happiness and energy to us....

Namaste and see you very soon...

Jamestown, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Overall we loved, I repeat, loved our vacation, but there were a few downfalls.

PROS:

Staff - AWESOME! we loved everyone, especially Yolanda and Amilio (BAR), Carlos (CONCIERGE)

Food - fantastic at 3 of the 4 restaurants. Amaya was outstanding, the Tapas one was lacking.

Ground - amazing, the BEACH was the best of the 5 all-inclusive resorts we have stayed at.

Room - stellar!

Bars - bartenders were very good, however, crowded could use more bartenders or another bar in general

CONS:

BUGS, BUGS, BUGS....while the resort can not control that, a warning would have been fantastic. We participated in a "romantic" dinner with a fire show and I was eaten alive. There was a can of bug spray to share, but the 8 couples could have used at least a can apiece.

The resort is part of the "AMResorts" group and a member of their team bugged us each day on the beach to buy into what we assumed was time shares. After being nice the first day, he became annoying the following days. It got to the point that we would avoid him on the beach.

Each night one of the restaurants was closed, not sure why, but this caused some back ups and lines. We tried to eat at Amaya the last night of our 8 day trip and were told it was an hour wait. NO THANKS!

My wife loved the idea that they had horseback riding on the beach....WE REFUSED to do so when we saw how awful the animals were treated. We are a family that has rescued our pets from shelters and to see the horses malnourished (to the point you could count the ribs) and eating trash outside the resort was too much for us.

Lastly, the beach has reefs just off shore. Getting to explore them would have been a PRO, but the guy in charge of handing them out apparently made his own schedule as he was never around. I tried to find him three times at his hut and it was locked everytime (I tried in the morning, midday, evening). When I asked if anyone else could help I was told "no."

OVERALL:
It was a very relaxing 8 days, which is what we wanted. Yolanda, Amilio, Carlos, and the rest of the staff made us feel like royalty, but the minor annoyance added up and would probably prevent us from spending two or three times what other resorts charge to stay there again. We loved it, but weren't in love with Zoetry. However, if you want to GET AWAY from reality for a week this is your spot.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room at Zoetry. Walking out to the beach is nice, but all are AWESO...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Greg,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you have dedicated to share your valuable review with the other travelers on TripAdvisor. It pleased us greatly to hear that you found the calm you were looking for at our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your 8 days at the resort. Regarding to the bugs, unfortunatley that is part of the natures and in this season because of the humidity we have more bugs, but we fumigate two times everyday trying to avoid them. Regarding to the restaurant experience, they open according to the occupancy we have each day and regarding to the tapas menu we are still working on it so we can improve it.

About the horses, I have already talked to the company that is in charge of the excursion and they promised us to take better care of their animals as this is the first time something like this happens. I promise you the next time you come we will have better horses for you and your wife.

Apart from that, I am glad to know that overall you loved our premises and enjoyed a unique experience among us. We hope that you will give us, once again, the opportunity to welcome you at our Zoëtry Agua and show you we can go, over and over, above and beyond your expectations!!!

Beringen, Belgium
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We loved the hotel with an excellent and very personalised service, the friendly staff and the food was excellent. Also the beach is very nice and I enjoyed the horseriding along the beach.
Our room with a nice view at the ocean was very luxury and comfortable with a nice jacuzzi outside.
Also lots of activities such as yoga classes in the morning and a variety of live music.
We enjoyed our stay a lot and I can only say you definitely should try this hotel!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellebelleke
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 15 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review concerning your experience at our cherished warm paradise. I am delighted to read that our Staff took such good care of you during your stay, reaching beyond your expectations. I take great pride of them.

On the behalf of the Zoëtry Family, I would like to reiterate our thanks for the kind words you have expressed. We remain at your disposal for any request to come and we look forward to welcoming you very soon for a new Zoëtry experience.

Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Quiet,fantastic beach,excellent food,clean,neat very close to the airport,pools are very clean, a la carte food .My husband and I had such a wonderfull time,this resort is a beautiful get away ,maybe not the best place for kids ,the best for couples,friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lorefeijoo
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Taguey: Good Day - Good Sun,

Dear Guests,

On behalf of Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, we wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your vacations in Dominican Republlic, and especially for your very good comments about our service, staff and more.

We would like have you back for your next vacations.

Namaste,