Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
4,575 results
All reviewsbutler bayronamaya restaurantroom servicedominican breakfasthorseback ridingour honeymoonspecial lunchpersonal butlerlaundry servicelobby barplunge poolbug sprayrelaxing vacationthatched roofwelcome homesmall resortocean front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We absolutely love this resort in the beautiful Dominican Republic! My wife and I honeymooned here in May of 2013 and we had an exceptional experience. Upon leaving we could not wait to book our next trip. We vacationed here again from May 16-23, 2014 and yet again we have had an absolutely wonderful time. It all begins when you are greeted by an extremely safe front entrance. The security here is very attentive to whom they allow through the gates in order to keep their guests and staff as safe as possible. Your transfer vehicle pulls up into an absolutely beautiful open air reception kiosk. The pampering begins the very moment you step out of the vehicle. They immediately greet you with a cool scented towel and a very good glass of champagne. They will not allow you to touch your bags as they whisk them away to your room and have them set neatly at the foot of your bed awaiting your arrival. The service here is this way throughout your stay and you are never in want for anything. Gil one of the many bartenders will make you laugh and smile as he prepares amazing drinks for you. The restaurants are all amazing. They may be somewhat limited in their selections however the selections they have are sure to meet you wildest dreams for a meal. The wait staff were all so excellent and there were a few who really went out of their way to make us feel so special. Fray, Josias, and Daniel were three of the many waiters. Fray discovered it was our anniversary and he had the most delicious cake prepared for us as a surprise. He also really enjoyed getting to know us. Daniel was such a delight as he served us breakfast most mornings. He really wanted us to learn Spanish and he tried so hard to help us in that endeavor. He was always smiling and our happiness was his goal. Josias greeted us each evening with a wonderful smile and was always professional and personal. There were also many wonderful hostesses at Zoetry. Yanna was always excited to see us and cheerful when she greeted us. She loved to learn English and was always willing to help us with our broken Spanish. She even learned our room number by the end of the week!

The concierge staff at Zoetry can compete with any hotel concierge in the world. Willyn helped us out the most and made it his personal mission to ensure our satisfaction. He speaks excellent English and is very eager and willing to help you learn Spanish if you so desire. He answered every question that we had and loved to talk about his beautiful country and all the things that you can take part in outside of the resort that are safe and fulfilling. On our last day at Zoetry, Willyn gathered that my wife and I were sad that it was our last day. He sought me out asked for my room number and told me to go to our room in an hour with my wife. We did just that and upon getting to our room he had made a bubble bath for us covered in local flower petals and bottle of high class champagne with a hand written note saying he knew we were sad to leave but he personally hoped this would help.

Speaking of our room, the rooms at Zoetry are outstanding. They are absolutely beautiful, with thatched roofs and very good air conditioning. The cleaning staff comes three times a day, and in the evening they even turn down your sheets so that you truly do not have to lift a finger for yourself.

The beaches here are so pristine and perfectly private that you'll never want to leave the sandy paradise they have prepared for you with ample recliners and wonderful beach sofas for you to relax in. While on the beach, the locals may wander down the beach fishing for their daily catch, but don't be alarmed. Zoetry has placed several security staff on the beach to watch over you and your belongings should you decide to wander into the amazingly blue water. This is where we met Santiago. Santiago was very vigilant at watching over us but he also took the time to get to know us. He would always ask us if we needed anything and he or another security staff were always ensuring our safety. Santiago spoke very little English and we speak very broken Spanish, however we still had fun trying to communicate. He was such a wonderful man and we look forward to staying in touch in the future.

While at Zoetry we experienced very few problems or issues and when one did arise the front desk was always on the spot to fix it. Breily, one of the receptionists, helped us through the issue that we had and it was resolved as quickly as possible.

Zoetry is an A+++ resort and if you are considering it, you should just save yourself a lot of time looking and go with it! You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the place! We enjoyed the privacy of the villa with its own plunge pool and fenced yard.
2  Thank Robert J
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Taigüey: Good Day - Good Sun!

Dear Robert,

First of all, I would like to thank you so much for your kind review about the amazing experience you lived at our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana, but more that anything than you for the loyalty to this your home away from home. It was an absolutely pleasure being your hosts during your anniversary.

It pleases us greatly to hear that you appreciate the exceptional hospitality service provided by our staff to make your stay a memorable one and I will personally thank to those you mentioned and congrat them for their exceptional service. We do our best to make our guests feel like they are at home.

If you ever would like to relive the experience, we remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you at our Zoëtry Agua paradise!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at Zoetry for our honeymoon during the middle of May (high bug season so bring repellent!). Our stay was exceptional and far surpassed our expectations. The service is impeccable and the food fantastic. From the moment you arrive, the pampering and service excellence begins!

The resort is quiet and relaxing, but also has enough people and enough to do, so that you feel like you are on vacation. The resort is beautiful and looks like a local paradise, rather than a big, impersonal hotel.

As we took part in several excursions, we got to see other resorts and hear from their travelers. Our reviews of Zoetry far exceeded what we were hearing from other resorts...from the bottled water to food quality. The security was also better at Zoetry, with an actual locked, solid gate, with an attendant who actually checked who drivers and passengers were.

We are counting the days until we visit another Zoetry!

Room Tip: Request ocean front or ocean view, as well as a top floor, as most top floors have beautiful and romantic outdoor canopy beds to lounge in.
2  Thank April N
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

I am extremely grateful for the time devoted to leave us such positive comments that motivate us to continue to offer a unique and impeccable service. I have the pleasure to share these notes with the whole team and especially Zoëtry Agua people.

Offering an extraordinary experience is our mission and through the efforts of each of our members , we have failed to meet their expectations and what is even better , we have overcome conducting optimal care ... even in the tiniest details !

Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana is undoubtedly a lovely paradise that amazes everyone that he is staying. Our Resort boasts a perfect combination of being and harmony where you live unique sensations and emotions ... that's our lifestyle ...

We are glad to know they enjoyed a fabulous experience for your honeymoon and hope you come back to our hidden paradise in the caribbean to create unforgettable memories in this his Caribbean home!

Namaste,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I decided to stay at the Zoetry based on multiple recommendations from friends who had stayed there. I've tried to break down this review into the major categories of interest.

First Impressions: Outstanding! We were greeted the moment we stepped out of our van with cool scented towels and glasses of champagne! Juan at the front desk helped us get checked in and he did a phenomenal job of welcoming us and making us feel like royalty. It was perhaps the most impressive check-in experience I have ever had and included a tour of the grounds, facilities, and ended with a tour of our suite. No complaints on first impressions. Grade: A+.

Room: We booked a Junior Suite Romance Garden View (King) through Orbitz and when we confirmed our reservation with Zoetry, we noted that we were celebrating our anniversary. However, when we got to our room and looked at the resort map, we realized we were put into a 2nd floor Ocean View Suite (King) which was an upgrade! The room was located in the newer section which is approximately 43 suites which I believe were added in the last couple years. The room looked VERY new (new furniture, new flooring, new fixtures, new TV, etc.) and we were VERY pleased with this room and location. However, after our first night in this room, someone from the front desk found us at lunch the next day and said they had to do "maintenance" on our building and that "something was not right." He acknowledged that this was completely the fault of the resort, and to remedy the situation, we would be upgraded to an Ocean Front Suite! We were bummed to leave the room we loved at check-in, but who can argue with an Ocean Front Suite? Unfortunately, when we arrived at the ground floor Ocean Front Suite, the room just didn't seem right and turned out to have a number of problems. One of the sliding doors to the patio was broken and wouldn't seal. They sent a maintenance person and once the door was fixed, we then realized the air conditioning was not able to properly cool the room and so it was quite humid. It also appeared that the mini fridge hadn't been refreshed recently and there was an outdated room service menu/booklet. The room honestly looked like it might not have been used for several weeks. Due to these issues but mostly due to the poor air conditioning and the fact we still had 6 nights remaining (you can't stay in a hot/humid room in the DR), we requested to be moved to a new room. They again placed us in a ground floor Ocean Front Suite that while it was not as new as the units in the newer section, this unit was much nicer than the previous one. In my opinion, Zoetry did the right thing by upgrading us when they had to do maintenance to the first room, BUT should a guest ever be moved to three different rooms in a 3 hour period? Also, shouldn't one of the staff have checked the first Ocean Front Suite to ensure it was up to the Zoetry standards especially since they moved us from our original room? The room debacle basically wasted 4-5 hours of our day where we had to quickly repack all of our belongings, walk over to the new suite (they helped us move our bags), find out that it had a number of problems, request that we be moved again (they helped us move again), and unpack all of our belongings in the 3rd room. In summary, I think Zoetry got it right eventually, but the second room they moved us to was a definite downgrade even though it was an Ocean Front Suite and I think someone at the resort should have noticed this fact from a two-minute walk through in the room. This was my single biggest frustration of the week, yet it did not ruin my overall experience. We truly enjoyed our upgrade to the Ocean Front Suite… I just wish we only had to move once and not twice. Grade: A- (the minus is due to the 3 room situation).

Beach/Pool/Grounds: I believe this is one of the resort’s biggest selling points. The grounds were beautiful and meticulously cared for by the grounds crew. The staff worked extremely hard and did a good job of trying to be cognizant of the guests while still working hard to mow the grass, clean the pools, etc. The beach and pools were beautiful and never crowded in our experience. We were always able to find chairs on the beach and could have done so at the pool most of the time as well. We spent a majority of our time on the beach and it was extremely relaxing. As others have mentioned, there are mosquitoes at the property, but the resort fumigates daily and also provides mosquito repellent. They take appropriate measures to handle the bug situation (which is out of their control) as best as they can. Grade: A+.

Food: Admittedly, this was our first trip to an all-inclusive resort, and so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. For other vacations, one of the highlights has always been trying some of the highest rated restaurants in the area, so the thought of being limited to only the resort restaurants for a week straight was a bit daunting. However, I was pleasantly surprised by 99% of the food at this resort. The food was very above average and on par with what I would expect at some of the “high-rated” restaurants we have visited on other vacations. The lobster risotto at the Olena restaurant was noteworthy, a must try. Breakfast at Piragua was also another highlight for me. I began to look forward to the fresh squeezed juices (orange, pineapple, or passion fruit), coffee, a plate full of pastries, meats, and cheeses, plus whatever hot breakfast items you order from the menu. The grilled chicken wrap from the room service menu also turned out to be a delicious afternoon snack that we ordered several times. Also, we never had to wait for a table at any restaurant. We were always seated upon arrival, and our room service orders were always delivered in 20-30 minutes as promised. Overall, I found 99% of the food to be fresh and delicious. Grade: A.

Staff: We absolutely LOVED the staff at Zoetry. After a few days, we really looked forward to seeing some of our “favorites” around the resort. Juan, Richard, and Carlos from the front desk were always a joy to see and would do anything to make your stay great. One of the servers Gerardo truly had a contagious smile/personality and brought a smile to our faces every time he waited on us. While I can’t remember their names, the gentlemen who worked the lobby bar most nights were awesome as well and created a fun atmosphere. While I have mentioned a few by name, there were so many more that truly made our stay wonderful. The people on staff are some of the hardest working people AND they have the best attitudes I have ever witnessed in the hotel industry. While at times there can be a small language barrier (we speak English and very little Spanish), I believe the staff truly desires to meet your needs and ensure your stay is outstanding. I hope to return to this resort, and one of the highlights would be getting to see all of these great people again. Grade A+.

Bottom Line: This is a small resort (96 suites) that is fairly secluded (40 min ride from airport) and generally focuses on QUALITY over quantity. There is not an abundance of things to do, and the things that were offered (horseback riding, kayaking, snorkeling, yoga, Spanish lessons, etc.), we didn’t even do. Our time was mostly spent relaxing on the beach, relaxing in our room, relaxing at the restaurants, or relaxing at the lobby bar. There is not an abundance of restaurants, but the restaurants they have are high quality. So if you want to relax in a mostly adult (I observed 3 infants and one toddler who in no way affected our stay), low-key, comfortable environment with delicious food and drinks AND pay the expected price for such QUALITY over quantity, then this is your resort. If you want to be entertained with shows, activities, lots of people, a sprawling resort, and a thriving nightlife for a modest price, this is not your place. We stayed 7 nights and we probably could have stayed another 7 and still only relaxed the whole time. There is a certain tranquil quality that permeates every facet of the resort and it makes me want to return just writing this review. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for what I have described above. While the one problem we encountered with our room during our stay was frustrating at the time, it was eventually handled correctly, and therefore, I believe Zoetry has earned an “Excellent” Trip Advisor rating. Grade: A.

Room Tip: Request a room on the "new side" of the resort if possible (Northwest edge of the resort). The rooms are generally nicer since all furnishings are newer/updated.
6  Thank thg08

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you personally for the time you dedicated to let us your feedback regarding your holiday at our Zoëtry Agua. I will share your kind words with our entire staff, your comments continuously help us in refining our standards and services to our guests.

Our main aim is to offer a special treat to our visitors by providing them more intimate services to ensure that we will go beyond your expectations!

We are very delighted to learn that you enjoyed a real gateway to paradise as you mentioned in your review.

At Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana you focus on creating great moments to be shared with your loved ones in an exceptional natural environment. We guarantee you will discover a heaven to celebrate your anniversary, or other special occasions, keep your privacy under our magic island sun. Indeed, enjoying the peaceful effect of our turquoise waters and our charming accommodations will bring romance and relax together.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at Zoetry from May 9-16, 2014 for our 5th anniversary. Overall, we loved our vacation! The service at Zoetry is outstanding from the moment you arrive. We were greeted with cold scented towels upon exiting our shuttle and a glass of champagne at check in. Juan, our concierge made us feel right at home by beginning our stay with a tour of the grounds as he led us to our room. They had a chilled bottle of champagne, a bottle of Brugal rum, and fresh fruit waiting for us when we entered our room-nice touch! We booked a garden view suite, but were upgraded to an ocean view suite on the new side of the resort-Suite 262. These rooms are BEAUTIFUL and very new. We were upgraded to an ocean front suite on our second day because they needed to do maintenance on our original building. The first suite we were given was 117. We had some issues with the air conditioning working, so they moved us again after about 30 minutes to suite 120. The views in the ocean front suites are unreal. You can lay in bed and the ocean can't be more than 150 feet away. Breathtaking! All of the rooms we saw had comfortable beds, hardwood floors, soothing earth tones, spa like plumbing fixtures (open air shower too!), and luxurious natural stone tile work. The rooms are also all very spacious and lack no amenity. If you are lucky enough to stay in an ocean front suite on the ground level, they also have private plunge pools. Each room has a mini fridge stocked with Presidente beer, Heineken, Sprite, Coca Cola/Lite, premium alcohol, Bottled Water, etc. They also stock the room with Pringles and granola cookies for snacking. We did have to ask on occasion for things to be restocked, but they always did bring what we needed when we asked.

The grounds are some of the prettiest I have ever seen. They meticulously groom them every single day and it didn't go unnoticed. The beach is also very nice. The sand is soft and powdery and the water is gorgeous and turquoise/deep blue. There are coral reefs in front of the resort so we saw several people snorkeling while we were there, but we did not. The reefs also break up the waves so the water is very calm in front of Zoetry and perfect for wading and dipping in the water. Palm trees are everywhere, so there is plenty of shade if you don't want to be in the sun. They also have nice cushioned beach chairs and loungers scattered across the beach. We never had to worry about reserving a spot with towels as they had plenty of chairs for everyone. The one downside we encountered were the mosquitoes, however this is something they cannot help. They do fumigate daily and provide Off in each suite. I would recommend using it!

There are four restaurants on the premises: Indigo, Piragua, Amaya, and Olena plus a coffee shop, Coco Cafe and room service available 24 hours a day. All four restaurants were very good, but our favorites were Olena (Italian) and Piragua (Creole/Latin American). The food is all a la carte and gourmet in style. The menus did not change at each restaurant while we were there, but we never tired of the options and thoroughly enjoyed every single thing we ate. In addition to Indigo (open daily for lunch only) as an option at lunch, they also did a beach barbecue a few days while we were there and a paella/Sangria demonstration one day as well. The drinks were also great at the bars and on the beach. Not always strong, but we were okay with that so we could enjoy a few more as we were relaxing in the sun. Top shelf spirits are also available if you so desire. The Canoa bar in the lobby is great for relaxing after dinner in the evenings. We spent most nights listening to music and enjoying a drink here.

The activities available while we were there included yoga lessons, Spanish lessons, horseback riding, kayaking, a Flamenco dancer, a DJ at the pool two days and the bar two nights, and live music at the bar two nights. We did not do any of the extracurricular activities except listen to the music or watch the dancers. We were very low key and only wanted to relax while we got away from it all back home. They also have representatives available to book excursions off site if you want to leave, but again, we did not as the beach and pool were enough entertainment for us. The spa looked very nice, but we did not book any services while we were there. My husband did use the fitness center and said it was great and had everything he needed.

I think our absolute favorite thing about Zoetry was the staff. I cannot compliment all of them and their service enough. They were some of the kindest, happiest people we have ever encountered. It seemed that they all work long days and often and you would never know by how positive everyone was at all times. Everyone always said they were "excellente" and everyone always said "it's a pleasure" whenever you asked for anything. We would like to recognize Giordany for her service in the restaurants and getting to know us by name, Richard for his positive personality and excellent English skills, Carlos for his big smile and willingness to go above and beyond at all times, Jendy for her kindness and care for us, Juan for making us feel right at home, Yolanda and Saidy for amazing service on the beach, Gerardo and Omar for being so entertaining at all times, and Josias for his really hard work as a server. You all made a lasting impression on us and we thank you for making Zoetry what it is.

I would both recommend Zoetry if you are looking for a beautiful, relaxing beach vacation that is a quiet getaway. We would go back in a heartbeat and hope to be able to again someday!

Room Tip: The new section is very nice. I would ask for this if given the option.
5  Thank danagriggs1
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,

At first, I would like to thank you for your review, it made me happy to read your comments, those really motivate us to provide our guests the best service.

Zoëtry is a combination between “Zoe” in greek means Life and Poetry….we hope you had felt that your stay with us, was a pleasant trip where the Poetry of Life was intimate related to the beauty of nature.

Zoetry Agua is an intimate paradise, a hidden garden of heaven, where everyone finds unlimited privileges, peaceful environment and a friendly sophisticated service. Our goal is to surprise our guests with special treats, details, we try to move their senses to a certain level where smell, taste, vision, feeling and beauty are involved. Indeed, you will not find this unique experience on a typical all-inclusive resort because our visitors are exceptional and we need to go beyond their dreams….by making them real…

Exceed your expectations is our priority, the entire Zoëtry team appreciated to make sure you enjoy your Anniversary! If we created great memories to you, then, we will sleep tight tonight. We work so hard to provide a high-level service so that every guest will bring back home, not only fantastic pictures but also extraordinary memories. Your smile is our motto and we are pleased to know that despite the constructions our service was impeccable.

The Zoëtry Family would like to see you again very soon to create impressive memories!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Where do I start; idyllic beach-side African Safari type lodges sitting on the beach in a perfect settling; quiet but not dead; simply heavenly. Smaller resort and not full of all inclusive drunks. Service impeccable

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julian T

Taigüey: Good Day-Good Sun!

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to let us know that you greatly enjoyed the unique experience you created at our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana. We are delighted to learn that overall you have enjoyed an exceptional stay, wonderful words from a fulfilled guest are the best motivation for us.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the staff, the property and the services.

It has truly been our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!