“Paradise for R&R”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 4 June 2014

7 days of rest and relaxation at this resort was AWESOME! The staff was first class and I left wandering only 1 thing: Why/how is this resort not a 5 star resort? Honestly, when checking out at front desk I could not think of any thing to put in the box for improvements.
My best vacation thus far and would recommend the resort without reservation to any and all unless you are looking for a party.
Carlitos (bartender) was my favorite at the lobby bar. He was VERY fun and enjoyable and made the evenings great.
Hector was our waiter several times and made us feel like we were the only ones at the resort and was very friendly. If you do visit Zoetry you need to look him up.
Zuleika worked at the Coco Cafe (Bakery) which I frequented and she was also a bartender a few times as well. I really enjoyed talking with her and she was very friendly and hospitable.

The room was great and house keeping was unbelievable. They turned down the bed at night in some different fashion each night with flowers. This made a difference to my wife for sure.

I am trying to figure out how soon we can go back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer section are a little nicer simply because of updates and newer fixtures.
3  Thank Loren O
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Loren,

First than anything let me thank you for taking your time and write this wonderful review abouy your recent stay at our Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, it was an honor for us to hist you during your vacations in the Dominican Republic.

Our prior goal is the satisfaction of each one of our guest and to provide them all the relaxation they need so they can go back home with a bag full of great memories. I will personally pass your comments to Hector, Gilberto, Carlitos and Zuleika and congratulate them for their effort.

Remember that Zoetry Agua PUnta Cana is your home away from home and we are going to be more than happy to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I revisted Zoetry after having a terrible experience on our honeymoon.
When we arrived we were upgraded to an oceanfront suite with a plunge pool that was literally steps from the ocean.
The beach at Zoetry is GORGEOUS!!!! We spent everyday laying on the beach relaxing. It is a very very quiet resort so if you want to relax, this is the place.
The food is ok. I did however get served raw chicken at one meal (which they did profusely apologize and gave us a champange breakfast the next morning).
The grounds are beautiful and the service is great!
There are bugs, but they are not crazy. I got a few bites but they do provide you with OFF in your room.
Overall we would stay again but only for a few days like we did this time. By the third day we were ready to head to our next resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

In the name of the Zoëtry Family I want to thank you for choosing once again our hotel in this trip to Dominican Republic. It is an honor for us to receive your reviews, because this encourages us to continue improving our service and also increases our commitment to your satisfaction.

We hope to welcome you back soon at this your home away from home,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about our experience during our honeymoon at Zoetry Agua in Punta Cana. Our ocean-view room alone was worth the entire trip! The beach is unbelieveable and the resort's pools are very well kept.
The food was also amazing! The restaurant staff as a whole is very good. Our personal favorites were Pedro and his waiters, Josias and Hector. Pedro served my wife and I several times and always made us feel special. He was always very accommodating and went out of his way to make sure that we were happy! Josias and Hector were both very attentive and similarly made sure that we were taken care of.
Overall, our stay was incredible, from Gilberto the bartender at the Caicu Poolside Bar, to our friendly housekeeping crew. It was very hard to leave! I would recommend this resort to anyone, especially honeymooners looking for a luxurious and relaxing experience together.

Room Tip: Consider an oceanview room! Nothing compares to waking up to the ocean and beautiful beach!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

First than anything thank you for sharing your amazing experience at Zoetry with other, not only in this site but also with your friends, we are very excited to read about the days you spent here and that you mentioned the two people from our staff that gave you an extra mile.

At Zoetry we work for our clients and it makes us really happy to know that we exceed your expectations in every aspect of the hotel.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to your new home away from home for your future anniversary.

Lionel Gómez

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is very nice.

There is neither a nightclub nor a casino; nor as far as I could determine any programs at all. This is a resort for someone who wants to chill out in peace, tranquility and comfort.
I found the food selections good but not excellent. All meals are plated, thus if you like a buffet you will be disappointed.

The service was first class. Everyone I came in contact with was pleasant and helpful.

My room was clean and everything worked. The terrace was very large and nice.

I would recommend this hotel without reservation for someone who wants what it offers -- peace and tranquility.

Room Tip: Some of the large balconies have a bed on them. This is a nice feature and you might want to ask for...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alisa F
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Taiuey: Good Day- Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time you dedicated to let us your feedback regarding your holiday at Zoëtry Agua. Your comments continuously help us in refining our standards and the service to our guests.

The entire Zoëtry Team is looking forward to welcoming you very soon to our peaceful Paradise!

Namasté,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

First of all- I would like to preface this review by unwillingly stating I have been called a diva and slightly high-maintenance one to 1,000 times in my life. I wouldn’t proclaim to be the easiest person to please either…. But, with that being said, I can’t say enough positive about this luxurious resort. I am slightly embarrassed for putting an ounce of stock into the negative things I read from other reviews prior to my stay. Not only that, but I am shocked that anyone can say a single negative thing about Zoetry Agua. The friendly staff and the breathtakingly beautiful atmosphere far exceeded my expectations from the minute I stepped off our shuttle. Which I’d like to point out- you step off the bus and seconds elapse before some awesome concoction is placed in your hand. Xiomara, the resort’s event coordinator, had been communicating with my mother and I since October in attempt to give my now husband and I the wedding of our dreams. And was it ever!!! I was amazed at how accommodating Xiomara and Annie (her assistant) could be given the difficult nature of planning a wedding over the phone. Any lose ends were tied up within 24 hours of our arrival. For example, we were struggling between two menu options for our reception. The chef (I hate I can’t remember his name) allowed us to combine the menus with no hassle at all. Also- I changed my mind completely about the location and decoration for the reception, and they made it happen with ease. That may sound small, but any bride can appreciate how thankful I was to not have to incur any drama or make any more decisions! In addition to the perfect wedding, I can speak on behalf of our parents, grandparents, siblings, and niece that this was hands down the best vacation any of us have had. The food is INCREDIBLE! Every morning a newsletter is distributed to each guest’s suite with information pertaining to the activities and restaurant options for that day. My husband and I would start planning our dinner at breakfast because we loved every restaurant so much! And if you happen to have persnickety taste buds, they are more than happy to appease them. Each menu offers numerous choices for those with limited diets, also. We had a couple of gluten, dairy free folks and ordering was no problem. I loved every gourmet meal I ordered. That includes room service. The menu loaded with consistently good food is too hard to resist. A major thank you to Hector at Piragua too for making the last night of our honeymoon so special!! I read that some people were disappointed with the lack of activity…. Shy of cirque-de-sole dancers appearing from the sky- I’m not sure what additional entertainment could have been provided. They had zumba and yoga on the beach, horseback riding on the beach, snorkeling, kayaking, dance lessons, Spanish lessons, cooking classes, beach bbqs, and I’m sure there are more we didn’t have the opportunity to partake in. Additionally, there is always an excursion representative at the front lobby and beach with numerous options for different off-resort adventures. The pool bar might have been our favorite spot, and we spent a great amount of time there! One of two infinity pools that sit all but right on top of the beach has a swim up bar with great music, great drinks, and even food delivery options. Gil was our bartender for the first 4 days we were there, and he showed us a fabulous time! I mention his name in particular because it is the only one I can remember, but they were all so much fun. I loved all the bartenders at the lobby bar too!! They were so attentive and entertaining. They even let us play our own music at the pool (which I read in another review that the staff wouldn’t change the music… not true). DJ Clique (spelling??) played at our reception and at the front lobby bar several nights while we were there. We all had fun dancing bachata, tango, and salsa with the professional dancers while enjoying some of our favorite tunes. I felt like anything I wanted to do was possible and “their pleasure”. If we wanted a quiet night in our room with dinner service- we got it. If we wanted to stay in our bathing suits and have drinks until 10pm- we did. We also loved getting dressed up and dining at all four of the gourmet restaurants. A few other positives I would like to point out are the laundry service, the serene swings and hammocks that are in the gardens, how safe we all felt, and of course how clean everything was. Another common complaint that had me anxious was the mosquito problem. I’m one of those that will get bitten if there is a mosquito within a 10-mile radius, so I understand the discomfort of itching and scratching. BUT- the people who made it out to be worse than an African Safari clearly have never been to the south in the summer. I get bit just as much, maybe even more, in my back yard in Georgia from May- August. It’s called bug spray people- USE IT. Especially considering they provide each suite with a large can! I could ramble on about every amazing detail of our trip, but I think I’ve been abundantly clear with how happy I am. All 20 of us are already talking about plans to return!

Room Tip: Ocean front suites are out of this world! You wake up to the sunrise and go to sleep with the peacef...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Savanna B

Taiguey: Good Day -Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

First than anything thank you for taking your time to write this review, at Zoetry we take pride in ensuring the customers satisfaction and it really pleased us is that you really loved your stay here. Our guests are the reason why we work so hard and find ways to make the experience at our hotel a unique one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at your heaven on earth like you name it and once again congratulations on your recent marriage,

Namasté.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Where do I start? This place is a train wreck. A staff that is not attentive, absent, or sometimes out-right surly - particularly the bartender in the lobby. One night at Olena the server treated me like we was just something that was a nuisance in his day. When we could flag him down to get his attention he never brought the things we asked for. There was one woman at the front desk who was wonderful, otherwise you better have a lot of big tips ready in your hand or you'll get nothing. If I didn't give each waiter/waitress on the beach $20 I couldn't get a drink on the beach. The staff will actually stand in front of you waiting for a tip, and on my last night several of them told me it was their last day working - as in 'tip me now'. I've never been asked for a tip at an all-inclusive. In fact, at fine resorts the staff flat out refuses tips if they are offered. The first night I sent laundry out and my white blouse came back with a puncture in it and black greasy stains on the arm, so I didn't use that service again and went home with a suitcase full of dirty laundry. I had to ask for my minibar to be restocked after 2 days, even though it should be restocked twice a day. I asked for nuts in my minibar and when I finally got them they were so stale they were chewy. I asked that my daily complimentary bottle of sparking wine be sent to my room at the same time each day, but every day I had to ask. I asked several times for pillows from the pillow menu, only one came. There were dead flowers in my room when I arrived and my room smelled so strongly of cigars that my eyes watered and the smell couldn't be removed, only a little masked by scented oils. I had to ask 5 people for matches and candles to get the oil burning. The bathroom stank of sewage every day. The plunge pool outside my room worked about 25% of the time, even after my constant requests to fix it. The area around my pool was swarming with fire ants and I was bitten. I was served rotten - literally rotten- lobster twice. It was so bad it was actually liquified. The staff takes absolutely no action when people put their junk all over the beach chairs at 7am to 'save' the chairs until they feel like showing up. For breakfast room service serves scrambled eggs that have been dug out of a vat with an ice cream scoop, and the desserts at the restaurants are frozen and tasteless. As for the spa, when you go in for your "free" 20 minute massage you are accosted by aggressive sales people. Also, there are people at the hotel trying to sell you timeshares; that simply does not happen at fine resorts. It's amusing that the hotel offers guests Spanish lessons instead of teaching the staff English. Yes, I know Spanish is the language in DR, but every guest I heard tried speaking English. If the website and communications are in English it's reasonable to expect the staff to be able to speak at a level commensurate with their job. Again, every other place I've travelled around the world has a standard that English is spoken - 3/4 of the people in the world speak English. Several male staff members were so aggressive in their flirting that my travel companion and I were uncomfortable. One guy hugged and kissed me, another one put a bottle of champagne and a note in my friend's room without her knowledge. Inappropriate. Finally, my room was full of mites and each morning when I woke up my body was covered in more bug bites. When I spoke to the front desk about it, they had nothing to give me for the bites ("We don't have a first aid kit") and nobody would attend to the bugs in my room.
The bright spot is that the grounds are beautiful and well kept. Pools are clean and my room (other than the stench) was newly furnished, had nice linens, and was very large.

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower level on the beach near the sports shack stink like sewage. I think there is...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
22  Thank Rubyisred
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Can't say enough about how great this resort was. The staff was extremely attentive and pleasant. The rooms were clean and the food was really good. Omar, Carlito, Anivar, Daniel, Jana, Frank Alexis, Mari, and the Spaniard chef at Olena (sorry but I can't remember his name) were all awesome! I'm sure I'm missing a few names and for that I apologize. Recommend Zoetry for whomever wants be pampered and enjoy some relaxation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yvette C

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedback on TripAdvisor with travelers around the world. It pleased us greatly to host you during the unique experience you lived in our premises and we are glad that you appreciated our delightful food, especially at Indigo Restaurant, our attentive staff and beautiful grounds.

At our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana we have every desire to address your needs, our main goal is to take you through a paradise where you can check for yourself the friendliness and hospitality of our land. Our Resort invites you to discover the tropical colors of the Caribbean in an exceptional luxurious setting, relax on the beach and let yourself be pampered by our specialists of wellness.

We look forward to welcoming you very soon for another perfect gateway with us!

Namasté,