“Paradise, absolute paradise”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 113 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I recently spent five days at Zoetry Aqua in Punta Cana. A wonderful vacation, exactly what we wanted. Everything was as advertised, from the rooms, staff, restaurants, entire resort. We plan on returning next spring.
We enjoyed our evening meals in the restaurants, breakfast in the room, and lunch on the beach. Each time it was wonderful. The servers will take your order on the beach and return with everything as requested. Loved it!

Room Tip: Rooms near the ocean are fabulous. Also the swim out suites are great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dsjay
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

At first, I would like to thank you for your review, it made me happy to read your comments, those really motivate us to provide our guests the best service.

We work so hard to provide a high-level service so that every guest will bring back home, not only fantastic pictures but also extraordinary memories. Your smile is our motto.

The Zoëtry Family would like to see you again very soon to create impressive memories!

Lionel Gómez

Write a ReviewReviews (4,441)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Zoetry Agua is my favorite place in the world. Yet, even though I know how great it is, I get nervous when I read a negative review. Before this last trip I was nervous that the expansion was going to change the vibe of the resort. It actually made the experience better.
The new part of the property flows with the old and creates an even more magical resort. The new additions to the staff have also taken this place to a whole new level. Felix, the food and beverage guru helped make the dining experience top. And Lionel, the new GM has added subtle touches to make the experience even more "over the top".
What can I say? The food was spectacular; the property, pristine; the service, impeccable. The experience was beyond words.
Regardless of all of the wonderful things that Zoetry has to offer, nothing comes close to the people who work there. Thanks to Giordany, Omar, Hector, Dionisio, Wanda, Jendy, Jauquin, Carlito, Pedro, Eduardo, Anyelo, Alejandra, Dyanora, Claudio, Hodge, Fray, Francis, Frank, Saidy, Picardo, Miguel, Annie, Migali, Eddy and Jean Carlos. I need to mention these people because every one of them, (and I know there are others who I am missing) treated me and my family with such genuine care. Sometimes they treated me so well that it made me uncomfortable, but it was done with love. These folks work hard and take such pride in their jobs. Let them know how much you appreciate them.
I am baffled when I read a negative review about this place. The food is incredible, as is the beach and the pool. I am also baffled that this is the 8th ranked hotel in Punta Cana. Zoetry is number 1 in my book.
The only changes I might institute is to air condition Olena (fabulous, high end, Italian food) and have fans blowing in the lobby bar to dissuade the mosquitoes. We brought our own portable fans this year (mosquitoes can't fly very well with them blowing) and it made the evenings very bearable.
I love Zoetry and will return again and again. Thank you all for making this vacation wonderful.

Room Tip: I like the ocean front on the old side better than the new. But, every room is awesome.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank toddayo

Taigüey: Good Day-Good Sun!

Dear Todd,

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your feedback regarding the memorable experience you lived at our Zoëtry Agua. In fact, it will help us to attain further progress at what we do with dedication.

Our exclusive Suites are generously spacious, the luxurious interiors are carefully decorated with elegant touches of natural materials for a relaxing and comfortable experience and its great to read that you love ours.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon in our tropical Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana and its sunlights!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently went on my 3rd trip to Zoetry Agua and let me just say I loved it. The staff made us feel welcome from the minute we got there. The new Manager Lionel is a doing a wonderful job on keeping this resort looking nice and still keeping that zen quality. All of the restaurants including the new one Piragua are incredible and if ur in the mood for a sweet treat and some caffeine go to coco café Also the new swim up bar is a must if u want to sit in the pool and have a drink. If u like Zen then this is the place for you. special thanks to the wonderful Giordany, along with Alejandra, Dyanara, Omar, Pedro, Claudio, Hector, Dionisio, Emilio, Joaquin, Hodge, Fray, Eduardo, Picardo, Saidy, Jendi,Felix, Yahira , Gilberto Wanda, Francis, and Frank they are a great staff and they are nothing but sweet people. I loved my stay here and I hope to make it back there again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Esther C

Taigüe: Good Day - Good Sun!

Dear Esther,

On behalf of our entire staff here at our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful experience you lived among us. I will personally thank our Staff for the excellent service they provided to make your stay so special.

It is great to hear that you appreciated our attention to details, great food and beautiful grounds... I believe our combined efforts made it a unique stay you will remember for the rest of your lives!

At our relaxing Resort we strive to accommodate you in every way and offer a complete refreshment of body and soul.

We hope your travel plans take you soon back to our Zoëtry Agua paradise and make a 4th trip to this your home away from home.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just got back from another wonderful trip to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. We love this peaceful and relaxing resort and the staff makes us feel like family every time we come here. For more details please see my other 3 reviews - which explain why we keep coming back to this wonderful place! As for new things this year - the new manager Lionel is doing a great job of keeping things fresh but maintaining the quiet zen feeling that this resort is known for. The new restaurant (Piragua) is beautiful, and all of the restaurants continue to have excellent food and top notch service. The new food and beverage manager Felix has taken things to a new level of excellence and he checked on us every day to make sure we were over the top happy and arranged for special dinners and meals for our group. The new rooms and pool blend beautifully with the original part of the resort and the new swim up bar adds a lively spot for the afternoon, especially with the excellent service from Gilberto and Yahaira who made our trip so much fun. All of the rooms are beautiful and you can't go wrong with any of them but our ocean front room was such a treat! Thank you so much to Anny, Magali, and Jean Carlos for setting us up in such a wonderful spot and for all your care in making our visits so special! I can only say that every moment of our 8 day stay was perfect, thanks to an incredible staff that we are so lucky to have the privilege of knowing. In addition to those I mentioned earlier - special thanks to my original favorite Giordany, along with Alejandra, Dyanara, Omar, Pedro, Claudio, Hector, Dionisio, Emilio, Joaquin, Hodge, Fray, Eduardo, Picardo, Saidy, Jendi, Wanda, Francis, and Frank. Although this is an all inclusive resort, there are no buffets and the table service is better than any I have ever received in the states. Tips are well deserved by this incredibly attentive staff so make sure to take care of them!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank embc109

Dear Mr. Todd,

In the name of the Zoetry Family I want to thank you for your loyalty to our resort. I sincerely appreciate your kind review concerning your experience at our cherished warm paradise. I am delighted to read that our Staff took such good care of you during your stay, reaching beyond your expectations. I take great pride in their service efforts!

Zoëtry Agua becomes a perfect choice for different experiences and we are more than happy to know that you enjoy each one of them in every trip you made to this your home away from home. Each one of the detail we have brings a delicate touch in our landscape, it is essential for us to keep the charm of our wondrous setting.

I would like to thank you for recommending our peaceful Zoëtry Agua that will provide to every guest endless privileges when it comes to luxuriously well-appointed accommodations with amazing ocean and garden views, gourmet restaurants, assortment of organic food and beverage selections and many other exclusive services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon in our tropical Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana and its royalty golden sunlights!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is an amazing place if you want to get away, have impeccable service, and truly be in a quiet beautiful secluded ocean front environment. With only 90 rooms and 10 days, we got to know the staff well and looked forward to seeing them each day. They catered to our every need, and truly went out of their way to do it. The staff at Zoetry are obviously empowered to make sure your stay was better than expected. Make sure you spend some time with the lobby bartender Carlitos and have some of the fun we had there with him and other guests in the evenings dancing to the live and DJ's music.

We got to know the amazing staff so well that we can still remember many of their names. Each of these was outstanding. Hector a waiter that was a servant leader. Dionisio, who we first met as he waited on us one evening as we had a romantic dinner on the beach. Jendy, the restaurant hostess that we looked forward to her smile and was truly excited to see us. And then there was the room service team that took care of room service need we had. Aurelio, Maria and Dalia did a stellar job. The housekeeping staff was great. Always fresh flowers on the bed.

We felt safe the whole time as well.

Finally the Spa was wonderful. We visited the spa and fitness center on an almost daily basis. From couples massage to wraps, it was am amazing experience, with a beautiful treatment cabanas not just treatment rooms.

What would we change about this experience? Nothing. It was our best one yet!

Finally, if you are looking for an outing that will be the experience that will help you understand the Dominican culture and know more about the country, go see Stanley in the lobby and book the Jungle Rally.

Room Tip: The ocean front room with the plunge pool is the best. Literally right on the beach, has a porch whe...
1  Thank John S
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Taigüey / Good Day-Good Sun!

Dear John,

On the behalf of the entire Zoetry Agua Team, I would like to thank you for taking your time and share with us and with all the Trip Advisor community this kind review about your recent stay, which will be helpful to other guest that are considering of visite our hidden paradise. We greatly appreciate to hear that you loved the outstanding and unique experience you lived among us.

We are delighted to know that you we achieve your goals of pure relaxation with the services of our wonderful spa but also that you had fun with the rhythim of the music that our Dj plays at night but more than anything to know that our staff made everything possible to make your stay unforgettable so you can go back home with a lot of good memories.

Our main goal is that you can fall in love of our land through the friendliness and hospitality. Our Resort invites you to discover the tropical colors of the Caribbean in an exceptional luxurious setting, relax on the beach and let yourself be pampered by our specialists of wellness.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon in our Zoëtry Agua paradise!

Lionel Gomez,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

7 days of rest and relaxation at this resort was AWESOME! The staff was first class and I left wandering only 1 thing: Why/how is this resort not a 5 star resort? Honestly, when checking out at front desk I could not think of any thing to put in the box for improvements.
My best vacation thus far and would recommend the resort without reservation to any and all unless you are looking for a party.
Carlitos (bartender) was my favorite at the lobby bar. He was VERY fun and enjoyable and made the evenings great.
Hector was our waiter several times and made us feel like we were the only ones at the resort and was very friendly. If you do visit Zoetry you need to look him up.
Zuleika worked at the Coco Cafe (Bakery) which I frequented and she was also a bartender a few times as well. I really enjoyed talking with her and she was very friendly and hospitable.

The room was great and house keeping was unbelievable. They turned down the bed at night in some different fashion each night with flowers. This made a difference to my wife for sure.

I am trying to figure out how soon we can go back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer section are a little nicer simply because of updates and newer fixtures.
3  Thank Loren O

Dear Loren,

First than anything let me thank you for taking your time and write this wonderful review abouy your recent stay at our Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, it was an honor for us to hist you during your vacations in the Dominican Republic.

Our prior goal is the satisfaction of each one of our guest and to provide them all the relaxation they need so they can go back home with a bag full of great memories. I will personally pass your comments to Hector, Gilberto, Carlitos and Zuleika and congratulate them for their effort.

Remember that Zoetry Agua PUnta Cana is your home away from home and we are going to be more than happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I revisted Zoetry after having a terrible experience on our honeymoon.
When we arrived we were upgraded to an oceanfront suite with a plunge pool that was literally steps from the ocean.
The beach at Zoetry is GORGEOUS!!!! We spent everyday laying on the beach relaxing. It is a very very quiet resort so if you want to relax, this is the place.
The food is ok. I did however get served raw chicken at one meal (which they did profusely apologize and gave us a champange breakfast the next morning).
The grounds are beautiful and the service is great!
There are bugs, but they are not crazy. I got a few bites but they do provide you with OFF in your room.
Overall we would stay again but only for a few days like we did this time. By the third day we were ready to head to our next resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

In the name of the Zoëtry Family I want to thank you for choosing once again our hotel in this trip to Dominican Republic. It is an honor for us to receive your reviews, because this encourages us to continue improving our service and also increases our commitment to your satisfaction.

We hope to welcome you back soon at this your home away from home,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Excellence Punta Cana
Excellence Punta Cana
#13 of 113 in Punta Cana
Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!