“Very relaxing honeymoon stay”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We just returned from Zoetry Punta Cana where we spent the second half of our honeymoon. Overall we had a good experience and the resort was great! The beach is really beautiful and natural with no other hotels next to the resort, which makes it a very romantic destination. As the resort is small it also never feels crowded, which we really enjoyed.

We stayed in a room with direct pool access (non-beachfront) and in hindsight we wouldn't even had to pay more for that as all the rooms (including the first floor and second floor rooms which are cheaper) are nice and very well accessible. Decor in the room was relatively simple but neat and clean and the room service always came up with creative ideas of folding towels, curtains, making beds, etc. which gave the room a nice touch whenever we came back from the beach.

Food is good, much better than at other Dominican Resorts, although don't expect a gourmet experience. What is really outstanding is the staff. They are all super friendly and try their best to make you feel comfortable. All of their service seems to come from their hearts and we really made a connection with many of them as they were always upbeat (e.g. moving to Bachata sounds, singing along, smiling,...). This was Caribbean feeling at its best! Specifically we would like to mention Claudio, Hodge, Gilberto, Wanda and Yanna, who truly made our stay special!

There are two improvement areas that in our view could make the resort even better. Firstly, I would encourage their sales staff to be a bit less pushy about selling their membership benefits. We clearly stated from the beginning that we were not interested in learning about their (sort of timeshare) program (the meeting they suggested would have taken 90 minutes!), but they insisted and tried several times to convince us to attend the session. Secondly, the watersports activities offered are very few...they only have 3 small kanoes and one sailing katamaran (which was broken several times during our stay) at their own beach - we would have wished for some more activities or equipment, like windsurfing, surf boards, etc.

Overall we had a wonderful experience and really enjoyed our time at Zoetry. Thanks to everyone at the resort for making our honeymoon there memorable!

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay extra for beachfront or pool-access rooms as all rooms have good accessibility an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Altenberg1985
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Taigüey: Good Day - Good Sun!

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for choosing Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana as your favorite place to celebrate your honeymoon. It was our pleasure to provide you the tranquility and romanticism you were looking for... plus our great food that tastes delicious.

Honeymooners of our Resort can count on an accurate treat and rediscover the inspiration of a romantic time of poetry: the magic of a gentle beauty which makes it a charming setting in this corner of paradise. Your high praise of our facilities and friendly staff are very appreciated.

We are really glad our team made your stay an unforgettable one and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in our Zoëtry Agua, our best kept secret!

There are newer reviews for Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This was my third visit to this resort with family and friends. We go every summer and I can not begin to describe how wonderful it is to be there. We spend the greater part of our year talking about when we are going back and how excited we are for the trip.

First off, the resort is beautiful. Everything about it is breathtaking and makes you feel beyond relaxed. The rooms are always clean and beautiful to stay in, the grounds are very well kept, and no matter where you are the view is wonderful.

Second off, the food is amazing. Everything on the menu is wonderful and they are always willing to work with you to make something you want to eat. Every meal is my favorite meal.

Last, the people working there are amazing. They are always so happy and welcoming, no matter what time of day. They are so kind to all of us and go above and beyond to make sure we are enjoying our time. Seeing the people who work there is one of the main reasons I continue to go back.

I couldn't imagine vacationing anywhere else!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Elizabeth C

Taigüey / Good Day-Good Sun!

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to share your feedback in regards to your wonderful experience at our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana. We are grateful for the trust you have placed in our staff, for the third time! It is our goal to keep your confidence in our property by providing the highest level of excellence.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed the quality of our food and the beauty of our grounds. At our Resort guests feel like being in the paradise, where they truly are pampered and our attentive staff shows them a sanctuary of lavish tranquility. Through your stay, you will discover there is no doubting the uniqueness of our concept.

The entire Zoëtry Family will be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you again to our private paradise!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful timeshare week at Zoetry. Highlights were the quality of the accomodations, the atmosphere of the resort, beautiful beach and upbeat staff. The most enjoyable activities were the horseback riding (by far) and the snorkeling (with gear right at the beach). The beach and cabanas are fabulous. The beach has many submerged rock and coral formations - so be sure to use a mask and get familiar with the best places to enjoy the water. My wife and I both went to the morning yoga sessions (we're novices) and had a very good experience. The food quality was excellent (pretty pricey, but this is an island setting). Food service was enthusiastic, but discussions of details about the food were only possible in Spanish. Beyond a few English phrases (and our rudimentary Spanish) we had challenges discussing details (like restocking the mini-bar, tweaking recipes in the dining rooms, etc.). The laid-back atmosphere was perfect for a "get away" tropical beach. The "sales" staff were persistant but pleasant. We navigated all of the bonus offers to our satisfaction. We were pleased in every way and think the setting is ideal for a resort-centered, superbly relaxing beach vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eric W
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Taigüey: Good Day - Good Sun

Dear Guest,

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon in our hidden paradise Zoetry Agua Punta Cana!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I recently spent five days at Zoetry Aqua in Punta Cana. A wonderful vacation, exactly what we wanted. Everything was as advertised, from the rooms, staff, restaurants, entire resort. We plan on returning next spring.
We enjoyed our evening meals in the restaurants, breakfast in the room, and lunch on the beach. Each time it was wonderful. The servers will take your order on the beach and return with everything as requested. Loved it!

Room Tip: Rooms near the ocean are fabulous. Also the swim out suites are great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dsjay

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

At first, I would like to thank you for your review, it made me happy to read your comments, those really motivate us to provide our guests the best service.

We work so hard to provide a high-level service so that every guest will bring back home, not only fantastic pictures but also extraordinary memories. Your smile is our motto.

The Zoëtry Family would like to see you again very soon to create impressive memories!

Lionel Gómez

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Zoetry Agua is my favorite place in the world. Yet, even though I know how great it is, I get nervous when I read a negative review. Before this last trip I was nervous that the expansion was going to change the vibe of the resort. It actually made the experience better.
The new part of the property flows with the old and creates an even more magical resort. The new additions to the staff have also taken this place to a whole new level. Felix, the food and beverage guru helped make the dining experience top. And Lionel, the new GM has added subtle touches to make the experience even more "over the top".
What can I say? The food was spectacular; the property, pristine; the service, impeccable. The experience was beyond words.
Regardless of all of the wonderful things that Zoetry has to offer, nothing comes close to the people who work there. Thanks to Giordany, Omar, Hector, Dionisio, Wanda, Jendy, Jauquin, Carlito, Pedro, Eduardo, Anyelo, Alejandra, Dyanora, Claudio, Hodge, Fray, Francis, Frank, Saidy, Picardo, Miguel, Annie, Migali, Eddy and Jean Carlos. I need to mention these people because every one of them, (and I know there are others who I am missing) treated me and my family with such genuine care. Sometimes they treated me so well that it made me uncomfortable, but it was done with love. These folks work hard and take such pride in their jobs. Let them know how much you appreciate them.
I am baffled when I read a negative review about this place. The food is incredible, as is the beach and the pool. I am also baffled that this is the 8th ranked hotel in Punta Cana. Zoetry is number 1 in my book.
The only changes I might institute is to air condition Olena (fabulous, high end, Italian food) and have fans blowing in the lobby bar to dissuade the mosquitoes. We brought our own portable fans this year (mosquitoes can't fly very well with them blowing) and it made the evenings very bearable.
I love Zoetry and will return again and again. Thank you all for making this vacation wonderful.

Room Tip: I like the ocean front on the old side better than the new. But, every room is awesome.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank toddayo

Taigüey: Good Day-Good Sun!

Dear Todd,

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your feedback regarding the memorable experience you lived at our Zoëtry Agua. In fact, it will help us to attain further progress at what we do with dedication.

Our exclusive Suites are generously spacious, the luxurious interiors are carefully decorated with elegant touches of natural materials for a relaxing and comfortable experience and its great to read that you love ours.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon in our tropical Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana and its sunlights!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently went on my 3rd trip to Zoetry Agua and let me just say I loved it. The staff made us feel welcome from the minute we got there. The new Manager Lionel is a doing a wonderful job on keeping this resort looking nice and still keeping that zen quality. All of the restaurants including the new one Piragua are incredible and if ur in the mood for a sweet treat and some caffeine go to coco café Also the new swim up bar is a must if u want to sit in the pool and have a drink. If u like Zen then this is the place for you. special thanks to the wonderful Giordany, along with Alejandra, Dyanara, Omar, Pedro, Claudio, Hector, Dionisio, Emilio, Joaquin, Hodge, Fray, Eduardo, Picardo, Saidy, Jendi,Felix, Yahira , Gilberto Wanda, Francis, and Frank they are a great staff and they are nothing but sweet people. I loved my stay here and I hope to make it back there again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Esther C

Taigüe: Good Day - Good Sun!

Dear Esther,

On behalf of our entire staff here at our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful experience you lived among us. I will personally thank our Staff for the excellent service they provided to make your stay so special.

It is great to hear that you appreciated our attention to details, great food and beautiful grounds... I believe our combined efforts made it a unique stay you will remember for the rest of your lives!

At our relaxing Resort we strive to accommodate you in every way and offer a complete refreshment of body and soul.

We hope your travel plans take you soon back to our Zoëtry Agua paradise and make a 4th trip to this your home away from home.

Namaste,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just got back from another wonderful trip to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. We love this peaceful and relaxing resort and the staff makes us feel like family every time we come here. For more details please see my other 3 reviews - which explain why we keep coming back to this wonderful place! As for new things this year - the new manager Lionel is doing a great job of keeping things fresh but maintaining the quiet zen feeling that this resort is known for. The new restaurant (Piragua) is beautiful, and all of the restaurants continue to have excellent food and top notch service. The new food and beverage manager Felix has taken things to a new level of excellence and he checked on us every day to make sure we were over the top happy and arranged for special dinners and meals for our group. The new rooms and pool blend beautifully with the original part of the resort and the new swim up bar adds a lively spot for the afternoon, especially with the excellent service from Gilberto and Yahaira who made our trip so much fun. All of the rooms are beautiful and you can't go wrong with any of them but our ocean front room was such a treat! Thank you so much to Anny, Magali, and Jean Carlos for setting us up in such a wonderful spot and for all your care in making our visits so special! I can only say that every moment of our 8 day stay was perfect, thanks to an incredible staff that we are so lucky to have the privilege of knowing. In addition to those I mentioned earlier - special thanks to my original favorite Giordany, along with Alejandra, Dyanara, Omar, Pedro, Claudio, Hector, Dionisio, Emilio, Joaquin, Hodge, Fray, Eduardo, Picardo, Saidy, Jendi, Wanda, Francis, and Frank. Although this is an all inclusive resort, there are no buffets and the table service is better than any I have ever received in the states. Tips are well deserved by this incredibly attentive staff so make sure to take care of them!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank embc109

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun,

Dear Mr. Todd,

In the name of the Zoetry Family I want to thank you for your loyalty to our resort. I sincerely appreciate your kind review concerning your experience at our cherished warm paradise. I am delighted to read that our Staff took such good care of you during your stay, reaching beyond your expectations. I take great pride in their service efforts!

Zoëtry Agua becomes a perfect choice for different experiences and we are more than happy to know that you enjoy each one of them in every trip you made to this your home away from home. Each one of the detail we have brings a delicate touch in our landscape, it is essential for us to keep the charm of our wondrous setting.

I would like to thank you for recommending our peaceful Zoëtry Agua that will provide to every guest endless privileges when it comes to luxuriously well-appointed accommodations with amazing ocean and garden views, gourmet restaurants, assortment of organic food and beverage selections and many other exclusive services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon in our tropical Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana and its royalty golden sunlights!

Namaste,